FfH2 0.11a Bugs:

Kael

Deity
[tab]The patch contains the following changes:

Download here: FfH2011a.exe (3 Meg)

Fixes:

1. Multiple Orthus's no longer appear (reported by Teg_Navanis).
2. Non-Luchuirp civs cannot build Stone Golems anymore (reported by Frozen-Vomit).
3. Spirit Guide promotion works now (reported by Teg_Navanis).
4. Enraged promotion works now (reported by Teg_Navanis).
5. Text error for the leadername in the Dawn of Man screen fixed (reported by Frozen-Vomit).
6. Orcish Slave graphics fixed (reported by BeefontheBone).
7. Infernal Grimoire fixed (reported by c.fe).
8. Civ heroes are now world instead of national units, so they can't be rebuilt (reported by Teg_Navanis).
9. Starting alignment are now assigned correctly on game start (reported by Chammadai).
10. Ships can now enter cities (reported by BeefontheBone).
11. Fireballs don't start with 0 movement when created by Arcane Barges (reported by Teg_Navanis).
12. Buidling an Order temple removes the Veil and vise versa (reported by mindlar).
13. Vampiric Governors can now be assigned (reported by Panda).
14. Civics now correctly allow gold and production rushing (reported by felwar).
15. Water buildings require a sea, not just an inland lake to be built (repoted by kevjm).
16. God King civic now correcly gives commerce instead of research (reported by Black Whole).

Balance changes:

1. Expansionist trait give +3 instead of +2 health (recommended by Frozen-Vomit).

Cosmetic changes:

1. Added a new Main Menu screen.
2. New Ancient Forest graphic.
3. Full promotion requirements show up in the Pedia (thanks Talchas!).

Issues that will be fixed in the next version: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171497

As the Sheim, I don't think I can get my unique unit eater of souls--my adepts upgrade to regular conjurers.

Also, that upgrade process is tricky. I was trying to save promotions until upgrading, but the uprade option wasn't availible. when I had 20 exp, I tried promoting, and then he could become a conjurer that same turn, only after the promotion. Eventually the xp reqired to upgrade should be in the civlopedia fot mage units. Which are way fun, btw.

Nikis-Knight said:
As the Sheim, I don't think I can get my unique unit eater of souls--my adepts upgrade to regular conjurers.

Also, that upgrade process is tricky. I was trying to save promotions until upgrading, but the uprade option wasn't availible. when I had 20 exp, I tried promoting, and then he could become a conjurer that same turn, only after the promotion. Eventually the xp reqired to upgrade should be in the civlopedia fot mage units. Which are way fun, btw.

There isnt an xp requirement, its a level requirement, so if you dont level you will never be able to upgrade. You have to be 3rd level to upgrade to a Conjurer or Mage and 6th level to upgrade to an Archmage or Summoner.

First let me say, I appreciate the awesome job that everyone has done on this mod. I'm sure that you opened the mod for beta with some expectations of minor bugs and plenty of excederin nearby. I think it's an incredible piece of work. I believe I found 2 minor issues and possibly a bug.

I played Sheelba/Clan of the Embers.

1. The name you type in does not display correctly. It displayed as %_t% or something close to that.

2.The discription doesn't read correctly. Minor issue at best.

3. Lastly, I researched til I obtained the fellowship of the leaves. I sent my acolyte to one of my other cities. When he arrived I told him to spread fellowship of the leaves. As soon as he did I won a religeous victory. I still had 2 other towns that were not converted, but didn't have any religion in them.

My understanding is all your cities have to have the same religion to win that way. Did I misunderstand or is this a bug?

Call me stupid, but i can´t make the patch work o_0

I tryed installing it both in the Civilization IV/Mods folder and the Civilization IV/Mods/Fall from Heaven 2 and it didnt worked....

JuliusBloodmoon said:
Call me stupid, but i can´t make the patch work o_0

I tryed installing it both in the Civilization IV/Mods folder and the Civilization IV/Mods/Fall from Heaven 2 and it didnt worked....

How do you know it didnt work?

JuliusBloodmoon said:
There were no changes, like expansionist trait still gives +2 health

Try to redownload, i just put a new version up. The path was wrong.

Two reports from the other thread that weren't fixed:

My great commanders can't build a command post. (I checked the XML files and there is no civ-specific restriction)

Mana nodes aren't resetted to neutral when you don't pillage them but build something else over it instead.

And some civ-specific suggestions (concerning Ljosalfar):

since the elves (Ljosalfar) can't build a monk, I'd also disable the monastery building.

same goes for heavy crossbowman / machinist shop, arquebus / alchemy lab and shield wall / armorer (although all buildings have some minor effects apart from being prerequisite for these units).

Teg_Navanis said:
Two reports from the other thread that weren't fixed:

My great commanders can't build a command post. (I checked the XML files and there is no civ-specific restriction)

This will be fixed in the next version. (I appreciate your patience in pointing this out twice, i love all of the feedback but as you can understand its a little like drinking from a fire hose right now so some things may slip through).

I added this to the want list. its going to require an SDK change so we are a little more cautious about rolling it in.

And some civ-specific suggestions (concerning Ljosalfar):

since the elves (Ljosalfar) can't build a monk, I'd also disable the monastery building.

same goes for heavy crossbowman / machinist shop, arquebus / alchemy lab and shield wall / armorer (although all buildings have some minor effects apart from being prerequisite for these units).

Yeah, I tried to clean these up but some were missed as you pointed out. I will get them fixed, thanks.

Is there something specific you need to build Loki? In my first game I could build him seemingly right off the bat, in my new game I just started, I can't seem to build him.
It is probably a vanilla civ issue but I've discovered that if you pop a goody hut before you plant your first city, and that hut that is set to give you a tech, you get nothing, not even a message.
If you have lumbermills in a forest and that forest upgrades to an ancient forest it does not destroy the lumbermill. You continue to gain the extra hammers for it as well.
In the civelopedia Harlequins and Rangers are missing the tech needed to build them.

First, even with the beta bugs, I really like what you've done with it. It's much more interesting now, and version one ROCKED.

Played as Malakim. Founded Runes, stayed that religion, also founded Veil later.

I built Chalid, but when I upgraded him to Fire III, he had Fire Elemental, not Meteor Shower, and the Fire Elemental wouldn't show up. The button caused the "creation graphic" to appear, but no actual unit did. I tried on all terrain types (like for Sand Lion).

I built both the Rune Heroes (Bambur and Arthendain), and even though the Civopedia lists that they should be able to gain "magic-using" promotions, they were never available. Is the Civopedia wrong, or is it a bug?

There are several "National Units" listed in the Civopedia, though not mentioned on the Tech Tree, because you haven't updated it (on purpose, I know). I couldn't figure out if these were "race-specific" though the Civ doesn't say that, or if the fact that I couldn't build Loki, Rathus, etc. was a bug. I know why I couldn't build Basium, but even he's not explicitly stated as a UU.?

I changed the max Hero from 100 to 300 in the xls file, to play around with the magic promotions for Heroes, but in the game it stayed at 100. I made sure that the file was saved correctly. Do I need to "Export Values"? If so, that gave me a laundry list of errors... Am I doing something incorrectly?

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but there's no Sorcery spell for Chaos II and III, only a Summoning one. Is that intentional?

That's it for now, you already patched to cover the rest. Thanks for your hard work. :goodjob:

Not eally a bug as such, but: the spell which turns desert to plains, I noticed this has been disabled for floodplains, but is still good on an oasis. Makes for a very tasty tile

Just a note so no one wonders, spells that require a target and use the targeting UI will still cause OOS in multi.

Also, are Great Generals ever not allowed to build a comand post (unless there's already one in the city of course)? I tried looking for an appropriate thread incase this was just a change but couldn't find one.

Just to clarify, I was unable to build a comand post with a great person, quite early on in the game.

pa12ick said:
I built Chalid, but when I upgraded him to Fire III, he had Fire Elemental, not Meteor Shower, and the Fire Elemental wouldn't show up. The button caused the "creation graphic" to appear, but no actual unit did. I tried on all terrain types (like for Sand Lion).
Im a summoner so its ok i do not get the firball spell. Why i kant cast Fireelemental, that seems wrong. Probably a bug.

I built both the Rune Heroes (Bambur and Arthendain), and even though the Civopedia lists that they should be able to gain "magic-using" promotions, they were never available. Is the Civopedia wrong, or is it a bug?
The civilopedia is stupid in this regard. It lists every Promotion you have theoretical the ability to gain. But it does not check if you are able to fullfill the prerequisites. (You can not buy the basic promotion for casting, that one is only handed out on unit creation. But as there are melee spellcasters the possibility to hand the promotions out to them has to exist, and that is what you see in the civilopedia).

There are several "National Units" listed in the Civopedia, though not mentioned on the Tech Tree, because you haven't updated it (on purpose, I know). I couldn't figure out if these were "race-specific" though the Civ doesn't say that, or if the fact that I couldn't build Loki, Rathus, etc. was a bug. I know why I couldn't build Basium, but even he's not explicitly stated as a UU.?
All those are race specific heroes. The civiliopedia might be a bit confused as tehre is no - nonracespecific unit in that unitclass (UNITCLASS_HERO1 or something like this)

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but there's no Sorcery spell for Chaos II and III, only a Summoning one. Is that intentional?
Its not a bug, it a feature.. No th problem is the respective spells are not yet checked in. This is not only for the chaos spheres but for other spheres as well. Most spheres that do not give a spell to your respective unit should be blocked.

Chalid,

Thanks.

Chalid said:
All those are race specific heroes. The civiliopedia might be a bit confused as tehre is no - nonracespecific unit in that unitclass (UNITCLASS_HERO1 or something like this)
How do I know which one goes with which Civ? The Civopedia doesn't list them in the Civ's UU list, nor does the unit itself say that the Civ is a prerequisite...

Also, the list Kael wrote said that Malakim is a "good" race, yet several of the other Civs said "you are Neutral" in the diplomacy screen. Is this too a "feature"? :D JK

Top Bottom