FfH2 0.13 Bugs:

Vorshlumph, I am asking a question posed as a statemeant, sorry......did you have any workboats on that coast.......are you missing any that you had before by like fish or clams or maybe even a whaler.........or was that poor fellow just working right beside the coast line and when the lizardmen walked through his tile he jumped into the water.......I have tried troop carring ships to get them but the lizardmen sink them too........so far.

Civilopedia cites Combat V and Demon or Undead as prerequisite to get the Fear promotion. However there isn't any unit category specified that can get that promotion. Is it intentional that as a result no one can get this promotion?

It would be cool if my elite Stygian Guards could cause fear in the hearts of my enemies. :devil:

M@ni@c said:
Civilopedia cites Combat V and Demon or Undead as prerequisite to get the Fear promotion. However there isn't any unit category specified that can get that promotion. Is it intentional that as a result no one can get this promotion?

It would be cool if my elite Stygian Guards could cause fear in the hearts of my enemies. :devil:

Oops. Yeap I will fix that, powerful undead and demons are supposed to be able to learn Fear.

Is "Tsunami" broken? I never seem to get a benefit from using it.

Jonathan

Playing as Jonas, the very first Barb I wind up next to attacks me. My score was 316 & whoever was next was 297. Something definetely wrong there. I've got a save from right after it happened & from a few turns before if you want 'em.(autosaves)

Fader

I'm finishing up a game with 0.13 before downloading 0.14. Here are a few problems I noted:

1. Playing as Bannor, I was at war with Flauros/Calabim. He had Leaves as his religion. Everytime I tried to move a stack of units (mostly greater werewolves, but also a ranger and stonewarden) in his territory I ran into problems. With plenty of movement points one or more of my units would not follow the others into an ancient forest. They would stop short and be easy to pick off by the Calabim. What is this? I got no message of Treants, and why would it stop more than one unit?

2. How many lives does Lola Valas have? I checked the civlopedia, but not much there. During the game I have seen the message "Flauros has created Lola Valas" dozens of times.

3. Would it be possible to make Bambur and Arthendain larger? I have lost track of both. I'm not sure the purpose of making the units so tiny. After all, they are heroes, not midgets, right? :p

4. I suppose it is simple AI cheating, but it pissed me off anyway. When attacking Calabim, the first city I came to had a Heavy Crossbowman defending with two city defense promotions. I found this bizarre because the whole game Calabim had been bugging me to get some of my iron (I build the Mines). I said no. The only other civ (Luchurp) also had no iron. Too early for mithril. How could it build Heavy Crossbowmen.

Making this worse and causing me to give up my conquest was that after killing the heavy crossbowman and destroying the city (losing units in the process), the next city I went to also had one or two Heavy Crossbowmen with the same promotions defending. Flauros had zero gold, zero gold per turn, yet was able to keep producing Heavy Crossbowmen for each city - WITH NO IRON!

Cheating???

1. I've seen that too, I think. Maybe that's what happens when later units trigger the Treent, but there are already units on the forrest so it can't create one there??

2. She gets immortal promotion when killing certain enemies (don't remember what) but I didn't know there was a created message when that happens.

3. Well, they are dwarves. I've found them hard to find as well.

4. What difficulty was it? I hadn't seen that kind of cheating before, resouce denial should be a valid strategy.

Sarisin said:
I'm finishing up a game with 0.13 before downloading 0.14. Here are a few problems I noted:

1. Playing as Bannor, I was at war with Flauros/Calabim. He had Leaves as his religion. Everytime I tried to move a stack of units (mostly greater werewolves, but also a ranger and stonewarden) in his territory I ran into problems. With plenty of movement points one or more of my units would not follow the others into an ancient forest. They would stop short and be easy to pick off by the Calabim. What is this? I got no message of Treants, and why would it stop more than one unit?

Im not sure, let me know if you still see this with 0.14.

2. How many lives does Lola Valas have? I checked the civlopedia, but not much there. During the game I have seen the message "Flauros has created Lola Valas" dozens of times.

Losha gains immortality everytime she kills a living unit. As long as she remains feed she can live forever.

3. Would it be possible to make Bambur and Arthendain larger? I have lost track of both. I'm not sure the purpose of making the units so tiny. After all, they are heroes, not midgets, right? :p

They are dwarves, hopefully we will get some correctly porportioned dwarf models soon and they will be less halfling-ish.

4. I suppose it is simple AI cheating, but it pissed me off anyway. When attacking Calabim, the first city I came to had a Heavy Crossbowman defending with two city defense promotions. I found this bizarre because the whole game Calabim had been bugging me to get some of my iron (I build the Mines). I said no. The only other civ (Luchurp) also had no iron. Too early for mithril. How could it build Heavy Crossbowmen.

Dont know, as far as I can tell the AI doesnt cheat for resources or units.

Making this worse and causing me to give up my conquest was that after killing the heavy crossbowman and destroying the city (losing units in the process), the next city I went to also had one or two Heavy Crossbowmen with the same promotions defending. Flauros had zero gold, zero gold per turn, yet was able to keep producing Heavy Crossbowmen for each city - WITH NO IRON!

Cheating???

Looking through the SDK I dont see any evidence of that.

heh, Nikis-knight beat me to it.

Bad Player said:
Is there a way to go into world builder and check what resources the enemy has?

Hmm.. Not that I know of, but I havent looked into any of that stuff. Is it possible that this civ is getting its resources from a wonder? Mines of Galdur provides iron.

I've had CTD twice now, both times when moving a scout next to an AI unit. I didnt have any crashes with previous versions.

Bad Player said:
Is there a way to go into world builder and check what resources the enemy has?
If you have the cheatcode set in the ini you can click ctrl + z to reveal everything and then enter an AI city like you enter your own.

oops I posted my CTD in the wrong thread, the problem just started with .014.
sorry! Pie

Piemax^2 said:
I've had CTD twice now, both times when moving a scout next to an AI unit. I didnt have any crashes with previous versions.

Sounds like display health bars bug. It is fixed in 0.14a.

Kael said:
Hmm.. Not that I know of, but I havent looked into any of that stuff. Is it possible that this civ is getting its resources from a wonder? Mines of Galdur provides iron.

No, I have ROK, and Calabim has Fellowship of Leaves. I built the Mines as I mentioned, and then after discovering Iron Working got an additional source.

Only two AI civs are left - Calabim and Luchuirp. Neither has iron and have constantly asked me to deal iron with them - I have refused.

**As a side question, when I want to trade with an AI civ, ask them to declare war, etc. those options are in red and cannot be done. Is there a way I can put my resources etc. in red as wanting no deals to stop the AI civs from pestering me again and again??

I didn't see if Luchuirp had Heavy Crossbowmen, but as I mentioned, Calabim had plenty of them. No iron for sure.

Chandrasekhar said:
Are you sure they didn't have mithril? That's the only explanation I can think of. That or AI cheating.

No, it was too early for mithril to appear on the map. I just confirmed it is still going on as I have 5 Iron and Calabim and Beer Bawli have none and ask me to trade. Not sure about the Lurchiurp, but Calabim has the Heavy Crossbowmen.

Top Bottom