FfH2 0.16 Balance Recommendations

But they dont have anything else to build on them, so they would only build units and end up breaking their economy.

darn that sucks, I forgot about it. But there must be another solution, like allowing settlements to build culture/wealth/science with extremely underpowered values, because as they stand now they don't serve a better cause to Kuriotates -led by AI- than breaking their economy. Settlements are vital because in order to maintain 30+ pop. city hubs you need quite a bunch of resources and without settlements this wouldn't be possible. Yet whenever they fall into a war, Kuriotates loose settlements very easily.

The problem with producing wealth/science/culture is that because of their huge penalitys, it wouldn´t matter if they built it or not. For example, gold penalty is -100%, so building wealth doesnt change anything.

Could you be persuaded to ... make the crossbowman be unbuildable without iron or mithril?

Then the crossbowman would be unbuildable without Iron Working, which would further reinforce the melee and recon lines as the only decent military b-lines to follow, and which would reduce the attractiveness of an Engineering b-line. Since the FfH team added a free great engineer to the Engineering tech, I assume this means they already consider Engineering rather unattractive as it is.

Then the crossbowman would be unbuildable without Iron Working, which would further reinforce the melee and recon lines as the only decent military b-lines to follow, and which would reduce the attractiveness of an Engineering b-line. Since the FfH team added a free great engineer to the Engineering tech, I assume this means they already consider Engineering rather unattractive as it is.

Not Iron Working- Smelting. Big difference, there.

Is there any reason not to give Malakim workers the nomad promotion?

Also I realise balancing this would be a fine art, but I'm wondering if the spread-rate of the Cult of the Wolf needs to be increased slightly. In my couple of games where it's been founded, it has never seemed to go anywhere much.

about kurioate settlements, currently i dont bother building them because theyre too hard to defend. they cant build walls or anything, and their culture rating doesnt add to their defense value. allowing them to build walls and other builds which add defense might make settlements more useful, and make building those walls and such actually useful.

about kurioate settlements, currently i dont bother building them because theyre too hard to defend. they cant build walls or anything, and their culture rating doesnt add to their defense value. allowing them to build walls and other builds which add defense might make settlements more useful, and make building those walls and such actually useful.

Perhaps the old palisade building could be reintroduced and available only for Kuriotate settlements with a minor defense bonus and a higher price considering it is the only defense settlements would have.
P.S.: Is bombardment in FfH2 implemented like in Vanilla so having 100% defense or 40% defense doesn't make any difference?

Well if I'm wrong they should remain the Smelting tech to Iron Working. ;)
Anyway, IIRC in the RoM thread a FfH team member (Nikis Knight?) wrote something to the effect that being able to get Copper/Iron/Mithril weapons promotions before Copper/Iron/Mithril Working was not the way it's supposed to be.

Yeah, revealing bronze on mining and iron on smelting was to allow someone to follow an alternate tech path if they saw that they had none of that resource, and to add to those techs in small ways.
Revealing the resource also allowed it to be worked, which isn't too huge a bonus, a few hammers to one or two cities.

But the Doviello weapons coming into play a tech early turned into a substantial bonus, imo, and not one that was planned ahead of time (or at least, I wasn't aware of this plan if it was so ;))

However, I'm probably in favor of it enabling units from other lines ahead of time (like crossbowmen). Might not make sense, but it'd make specializing in non-melee easier.

I was under the impression settlements could build walls--walls and monuments and culture and that's all. Or do you mean that the walls currently have no effect?

Is there any reason not to give Malakim workers the nomad promotion?

Also I realise balancing this would be a fine art, but I'm wondering if the spread-rate of the Cult of the Wolf needs to be increased slightly. In my couple of games where it's been founded, it has never seemed to go anywhere much.

Cult of the Wolf? have i missed something important?

Sorry, Cult of the Dragon, not Wolf. What a weird mistake.

The problem with producing wealth/science/culture is that because of their huge penalitys, it wouldn´t matter if they built it or not. For example, gold penalty is -100%, so building wealth doesnt change anything.

I think it would change a big deal instead, because the AI is not so stupid to break its economy by building only units if it has another option, so if it can build wealth/science/culture that's the option. Or they could build only culture for the matter. It would be 25% of the production output.

And yes, settlements can build walls and they do have an effect. Even better in RoM since walls give 50% defense.

just a quick suggestion: Why not let ships change crews in Pirate Coves?

Unless they already can.. the wiki entry doesnt mention it if so.

Top Bottom