1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.22 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, May 25, 2007.

1. Sarkyn

Sarkyn Warlord

Small one - I seem to be able to build all rituals in "Settlements" as Kuriotates.

I'd also probably consider it a bug that I can also select "Science" or "Commerce" in these cities, when doing so has no effect of course, due to the -100% modifier.

2. J-S

J-S Crusader

Hi, I'm playing as Bannor, and in one turn the game crashes to desktop and I have no idea why.
    Here's the save to see if you can figure it out :)
    As always, thanks for an excellent game!

Attached Files:

3. EcceGratum

EcceGratum Chieftain

Disbanding(after a culture flip) cities doesnt change the Armageddon Counter, maybe there should be a CvEventManager.onCityDisband similiar to onCityRazed, fired from a genericEvent in CvPlayer::disband ??

4. vale

vale Mathematician

The Governor's Manor (replacement for courthouse for Calabim) is supposed to add 1 hammer per unhappy population (at least I believe this is true according to the wiki and a brief glance at the code). But it doesn't seem to work correctly. I have provided some examples that were produced via world builder, but I have seen similar things in real game situations.

Example 1: I worldbuildered a Governor's Manor into my capital turn 1 and checked the results. Then I worldbuildered it up to 10 population and a border pop and checked again. Then I did a couple of checks where I did things to decrease the unhappiness. Results in spoilers (yes I got overanxious when building the city and spammed b a little too much):

Spoiler :

result: 2 bonus hammers

result: still 2 bonus hammers

result: still 2 bonus hammers

result: yet again just 2 bonus hammers

Example 2: This time at turn one, my first step was to worldbuilder up to population 10 and a border pop before putting in the manor. I then did various checks where I did things to decrease unhappiness. Results in spoilers below:

Spoiler :

result: 13 bonus hammers

Ok I know worldbuildering this up doesn't prove anything but this coincides pretty well with my experience in real game situations that I am unable to stare at a cities happiness numbers to determine what the bonus hammers will be.

5. Uberness

Uberness Warlord

Slight graphical problem with the new mana bar on the right side of the screen, it covers up the turn timer and worst of all the popups for what to research and produce when their turned to minimized, making it almost impossible to click them to go to the cities, if the mana bar could just be put slightly to the left or put on the bottom half of the screen that would be great.

6. BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone Windbag of the sea

Almost certainly a great person being born - there's a bug in the code for forcing it to be a great commander during a crusade.

7. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

Should rust be repaired in forges instead of barracks? Since it now also removes weapons, it would make sense that same building removes rust and gives back the weapons

EDIT: What happens if rusted unit enters city with forge but without barracks?

8. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

Is it possible to get nothing from a goodie hut?

In starting my Prince level game two of the first three huts gave me nothing. The first was popped when I settled my capital. Nothing. The second was on turn 4 on a goodie hut just a short distance away again. Nothing.

I think I had this happen once before, but maybe another Scout beat me to the hut. This time, no. I mean, as tough as early game exploration should be, at least give me a little gold. But, no maps please. ;) Really, those maps don't show much of anything at all - it would be nice if they at least lit up the surrounding terrain like a sentry tower.

The second item seemed strange to me too.

I sent my Hunter to subdue a Lion who was in his den. When the Hunter arrived, the Lion had magically been transformed into an Orc Spearman???

I have no idea where the Lion went - replaced by the Spearman?

Anyway, I killed the Spearman and the den/lair disappeared.

What happened?

9. snarko

snarko DLLer

When you enter a plot with a hut sometimes certain options can't be chosen (for example if the unit is at full health it can't be healed). The game will check a max of 10 times to see if you roll something which you can get. If each of the 10 times you roll something you can't get then you get nothing. This number 10 is defined by NUM_DO_GOODY_ATTEMPTS in GlobalDefines.

10. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

why ? It isn't an act of war.

11. subanark

subanark Warlord

If you have a skeleton crew in a boat with one less than the max cargo currently boarded, you can switch to longshoreman causing you to overbook the ship by one unit.

If you capture and raise a city that had boats whose owner had an open border agreement with you, the boats will remain on that land tile.

12. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

I suspect that an orc spearman came along and ended his turn on the den. Then the lion was able to move away because the den was still being guarded.

13. J-S

J-S Crusader

ouch... thanks for the info! is there any way to fix this? I can't stop the crusade prematurely since most of my assault army is composed of Demagogs (which by the way reeeeally put the fun in crusade hehe)
    Thx!

14. EcceGratum

EcceGratum Chieftain

I see disbanding a city with the Veil as the opposite of razing one. It is a peacefull way of scattering the followers that should decrease the AC. So much more disbanding the Holy City (the one which made me notice).

15. ChaoticWanderer

ChaoticWanderer Warlord

i was playing hippus and i only had three of the 4 elements fire, water, and wind. but it would allow me to build the tower of elements

16. BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone Windbag of the sea

Not only erroneously reported previously (and repeatedly, the last less than a page before your post in this very thread) but IN THE CHANGELOG and the bloomin' tooltips, descriptions and pedia. Probably updated in the wiki by now too - each tower requires any 3 of the 4 mana needed for it previously (all 3 in the case of necromancy, which only has 3 types assosciated), and the ToM requires the 4 lesser towers.

17. Seont

Seont Chieftain

won't moving it down cause it to overlay on to the players scores?(which i believe it does anyway when there are alot of players) or do i misunderstand you?
    seems more like we need button to toggle the mana bar, especially since, if i recall correctly, we get a warning when building duplicate nodes, which really makes it unnecessary information for most of the time(don't get me wrong, very useful tool, when i need it)

edit:
    ah, i see, there is no seperate button for the scores and mana, they are joined. better than nothing, but they'll still overlay if there are too many players.

18. kenken244

kenken244 Grammar Nazi

you can toggle it just remove the score chart thingie and it goes away too

19. Stephenc369

Stephenc369 Chieftain

There is something wrong with the hunter's anti animal ability.

I have a hunter, strength 1.9 , Combat 1 and Subdue Animal, attacking a bear with no promotions. The bear's strength is correctly displayed as 2 , and my strength as 2.23. However, my 75% bonus doesn't show up on the rollover, and the chance of success on the roll over is only 43%, despite the fact that my strength is greater than the bear's. Anecdotally, I've also been dying more often with hunters than I would expect.

20. Blakmane

Blakmane Prince

This has been answered sooo many times =.=

Combat Bonuses such as anti-animal promotions are subtracted from your opponents health rather than added to yours, and are not shown on the roll over. Bears have a health of 4, and with subdue animal hunter you have 25 + 75 = 100% anti animal bonus against them, thus bringing his total strength down to 2.

Can't answer why you have such a low chance of success, but the reason isn't being caused by the anti-animal promo not working- in your example it is working just fine.

Next time please read back through the bug reports before you post. This question was already answered on the page before this one.