1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.22 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, May 25, 2007.

1. Sarkyn

Sarkyn Warlord

My Kraken seems to be benefiting from LAND based promotion choices, not SEA based promotion choices.

eg. "Hills and Forest Defence" and "Mobility I" rather than the naval version with the pointy hand and * graphic.

It's an odd hybrid as it seems to be able to be summoned on land (by placing the summoner on a coast tile), but it can only move on the water. Not sure if this upgrade choice thing is unavoidable as a result of that, but I thought I'd report it anyway.

2. Odysseus_Idea

Odysseus_Idea Chieftain

I'm playing as the Elves going for tower of mastery.

I get complete game crash between turns. I click to end my turn,hear a tree ent spawn in response to an invader and then the game crashes.

I'd post the save but the site says the file is too big.

3. katika

katika Warlord

No. Barbarian cities have to build Acheron (normally). In every game I've played (except that one), Acheron has spawned in an already developed city. In this one, he spawned the same turn as his city, not built by the city.

Anyways, I took your advice and searched the forums.
    Maybe Kael has changed this, but I don't recall reading about it in any changelog.

4. feydras

feydras Prince

Current version playing .22f

I built the Twisted Spire under the Order religion as the Eolim and it gave me the culture benefit but no income/gold at all. I don't have a temple of Order in that city but do in many other cities.

BTW - is the TS supposed to give +1 gold for each xxx building in the world or in your civ?

- feydras

5. White Elk

White Elk 99 > 1

I am currently playing as the Malakim and founded the Order and built the Twisted Spire and am getting the +1 :gold:

It'll show in the building section of your city screen.
    Each city which has a Temple for your current state religion will gain +1 :gold:
    The Twisted Spire doesn't get the gold. The Temples do.

6. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Krakens are beast-type units, which are mostly land-domain, so the promotions available to it are the same as available to all the other beast units (like dragons, hill giants, beasts of Agares, and a couple summons), which are land promotions.

Acheron does need to be built, but he is really cheap, cheap enough to be built in one turn sometimes. Are you sure that you didn't overlook the city's appearance for 1 turn?

7. katika

katika Warlord

I used the worldbuilder to capture the city and it said the city was built on the same turn that Acheron was born (from event log), so the city couldn't have built Acheron. Right?

8. jaylo101

jaylo101 Chieftain

I've installed 0.22 + patch g and was wondering, although i know FfH is'nt finished, if all the currently buildable units graphics are finished, because if they are i seem to be having some problems.

9. feydras

feydras Prince

Ahhhh. Thanks. I was looking for it on the Twisted Spire line in the city screen.

- feydras

10. SilentVoice

SilentVoice Chieftain

I played Arendel Phaedra of Ljosalfar. (2.022g patch)
    Scout get Forest Stealth. But....why?

11. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

It doesn't work in jungles, which has been reported before.

Not sure if that is intended or not.

12. Bastian-Bux

Bastian-Bux King

I know I mentioned it before, but shouldn't djungle change to ancient forest as well? Cause a djungle is by definition "an untouched forest". Doesn't have to be a rainforest, and not any rainforest qualifies as a djungle.

For a little start of a discussion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle

13. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

I believe that units are built after you end your turn, not when you start the next one. For example, if you have an undefended city with an orc spearman next to it, and your build order shows a warrior being built in one turn, then the warrior will be there to defend against the spearman. It's likely that the city built Acheron as its first building, and thus Acheron came out effectively on the same turn as the city's founding.

14. Biggieboy

Biggieboy Chieftain

I'm at turn199 in a Quick game, playing with Bannor, when the game suddenly crashes. The game has crashed many times before, and I can't put my finger on it why it happens, this is very annoying because it is a great mod, and I want to continue playing :)
    Also, I don't know if this is a bug, but playing as Bannor, an evil enemy is annoyed, I help him, he turns cautious and I ask him to convert to The Order. He accepts and he is suddenly good? :confused:

15. katika

katika Warlord

That makes sense, although it doesn't explain how the city gathered 25 hammers in a single turn. If that's the case, then The Dragons' Horde isn't spawning properly because I captured that city and didn't get the Horde.

16. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

Ah. Well, I'm stumped.

17. vorshlumpf

vorshlumpf Emperor

I think several people have reported this issue with the Bannor - which is assumed to be a problem with Great People being forced to be Great Generals.

Were you in a crusade at the time?

18. Biggieboy

Biggieboy Chieftain

Yes I was, but it's weird, because i've had a crash with EVERY civ I've played with, and I think all around the same time. is there a special event between turn 200 and 300 ?(Like Orthus?)

19. Nightwind

Nightwind Chieftain

Hey Kael, I'm a first time poster, long time lurker.

Absolutely love your mod, the stuff that you and the team have been able to do to improve on Civ 4 is staggering. It's quite simply the best mod i've played, period.

I'm in the middle of a Normal Doviello Emp game, and I'm fighting a furious (losing) war with an OO Keelyn. However, I've realised the enraged promotion is giving Keelyn's troops +40% str instead of -40% when defending.

One of her macemen has Combat 1, Enraged, Iron, Mutated, Crazed, Mobility and on grassland. I would think that maceman should have a -20% Str modifier and not +60% when being attacked by my Skull Catapult. Can you check if this is a genuine bug, or if it's just me.

Since I'm at it, do you think Doviello could get buffed a little? I'm finding it harder than normal to survive with them. Now that everyone can use weapon rules, Doviello main perks are limited to 1) being able to equip without a forge, 2) not requiring any military buildings for some troops and 3) battlemaster training. Oh and +50% tundra defense, that I’ve yet to have the fortune of using =).

However, I'm not sure the first two perks are good in light of the extra cost for most units. No need for forges is good for early rushing, but in the middle game, any decent civ will have forges in all their unit producing cities. Against the production bonus from forges and cheaper units of opposing civs, Doviello can’t really win wars of attrition (which is actually their philosophy: continuous raiding and warring). By the late game, the whole first perk is irrelevant for mithril – but the extra cost still remains.

Not requiring buildings for some units is ok for mass witch doctor spam, and there’s the time saved from building the training yard (though offset by loss of happiness via nationalism and the 1xp great with Apprentice/Conquest), but that’s where the benefit really ends. Doviello (with Charadon) have an edge in their skull catapults, chariots, and cavalry. But buildings are required for all these. It’s questionable how beneficial not having archery ranges are in light of the loss in city defense and higher unit costs.

Wow, this post is growing with the telling, sorry if it’s a bit long, I’m going to just wrap it up. Battlemaster training is ok, and I can see it working with Mahala, though in my current game with Charadon, I’m having trouble having enough gold to boost my research for getting something that can stand up to Keelyn’s mutated crossbows, much less spend 200 a pop for +2 str and shock.

Great job and thanks for the mod, it’s got so much style. Well done on the BtS and the interview =). Keep up the good work.

20. SilentVoice

SilentVoice Chieftain

I see, thanks.

...Ljosalfar cannot create Druid...