1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.22 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, May 25, 2007.

1. vale

vale Mathematician

I can answer the second part. If the hunter is at strength 1.9 that means it is at about 63 hit points at the start of the fight. So, fewer hits are required by the bear to actually kill it. This is having a big enough impact to drop the win rate from what would be a good odds fight at full health to a risky proposition.

Fighting with injured units is just asking for situations like this. Main point: not a bug in any way.

2. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

I'm sorry, maybe I'm a little dense, but I don't understand.

Remember I said the first empty goodie hut came when I built my capital - turn one. The second came only 3 turns later.

I could have used anything. :)

Also, I didn't know there was a possibility of being healed by a goodie hut. Never saw that before. I usually play at Prince or Monarch level.

It just seems to me that you could always get just about anything: gold, map, techs, experience, warriors, scouts, etc.

I apologize if I just am not getting it and thanks for your explanation.

3. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

OK, thanks, for your response. I think I would have seen both units on the den and didn't, but maybe I missed it. Honestly, I thought the barb units would avoid the dens like they avoid landing on goodie huts.

If the spearman stayed there, and the den spawned another lion, would the spearman had moved on?

You always learn something new - that spearmen guard dens like goodie huts. ;)

4. Seont

Seont Chieftain

let me try to explain

you built your city, it tripped the goody hut , so the random number generator rolled to see what you'd get, the value is deciphered to be "heal unit", however, its a city, it can't be healed, so it rolls again, your bad luck, its free experience, again a city can't get experience. after 10 tries of rolling, these 2 items or others that cannot be applied to a city are what the random number generator keeps picking, it decides there must not be anything you can have, and quits, rather than rolling forever.
    Obviously there were things you could use, but your bad luck, the random number generator never hit those options within its 10 tries. its a fluke.

if your second came on turn 3 or 4, i'm guessing it wasn't city expansion but a warrior or scout, well your unfortunate luck, all ten tries of the random number generator must have come up with something like "heal unit", which you likely couldn't use because your warrior at that point should still have full health. after 10 tries it gave up again

again, its not that there wasn't something from the hut you could use, its just that the number generator kept picking things from the list that you couldn't use. That is what i believe he is saying happened, it should be an incredible fluke that it happened twice, much less so quickly. it's a fluke coupled with really bad game design.(you think they'd just cycle the list and pick the first thing you could use rather than quit, and at the very least give you a message that the hut was abandoned or something.)

5. CuteKills

CuteKills Chieftain

Summons (that can use weapons, like the ever-popular CM) don't get weapons upgrades if they're summoned in a city (at least not until the end of the turn)...

... unless you move them out, and back in again. (If you've got the move, you can move them out again and attack with the weapon... )

More of a "feature" than a bug, but it would make more sense if summons that can use weapons got them immediately in this case.

6. Stephenc369

Stephenc369 Chieftain

I know how the anti-animal promotion works - which is why I said the bear's strength was correctly displayed as 2. I didn't understand why I had less than 50% chance to win with greater strength: many thanks to Vale for the explanation. I'll let units heal further in future.

I still think it's strange that the subdue animal promotion bonus shows up on the rollover but the 75% anti-animal ability doesn't. Also, other innate abilities (e.g Macemen vs Melee units) do show up on the rollover, so why not hunters? Maybe a 'feature enhancement' rather than a bug.

7. Jean Elcard

Jean Elcard The Flavournator

Just a small one. It's not showing up anywhere, that the Woodsmann promotion gives a unit also an attack bonus, if attacking units in a forest, jungle or ancient forest tile.

But it's very useful indeed. :)

8. icantcmyeye

icantcmyeye Peace Through Power

this is minor, but has been bothering me...

Krakens can gain the City Raider promotion and the Mobility promotion, despite the fact that they are naval units.

9. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

I think the spearman would've moved on if a lion spawned, but it might've been 50/50 on who would leave. I'm not sure.

10. katika

katika Warlord

In my last game Acheron spawned with a city that just appeared in a single tile of fog. At most he was "built" in one turn. I have attached an autosave without Acheron or city and another save two turns later with Acheron all by himself in a city.

Attached Files:

11. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

In my last game, Hyborem failed to respawn when he was destroyed by a hidden nationality unit (in this case a treant summoned by a Yvain with HN and combat I-V) who was the only unit occupying the Infernal Capital. The message appeared saying infernal created him again, but the unit did not appear.

12. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

Thanks for your detailed explanation, Seont. I get it now.

The only thing that really surprises me is that I have played dozens of games of FFH at Prince/Monarch and NEVER hit a hut that healed my unit. But, on the other hand I don't often move to huts with a damaged unit, so what you are saying makes sense.

I think your method of assigning what you get from a hut is much better than giving you nothing. I really think early map exploration is more difficult now and when you make it more difficult the rewards should be more desirable. Getting nothing really is bad luck, I guess, but also quite frustrating.

Thanks again for taking the time to assist me in understanding.

13. vale

vale Mathematician

I wish I had taken some screenshots of this one but this was happening to me in f and I don't see it in the changelog for g.

I was playing Calabim and running aristocracy plus agriculture and did not yet have sanitation. At some point in the game, a farmed grassland (not riverside) flipped to me and the yield was only 3 food. I thought maybe it was a graphics display bug, but I added up the yields and it was indeed only giving me 3 food.

I found two ways to fix the problem: pillage and rebuild the farm, save and reload, but it is still an odd problem to have right?

I have seen this bug other times also.

14. BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone Windbag of the sea

How is exactly the intended behaviour a bug? That's PRECISELY what he's supposed to do, as a cursory search of the wiki, forum, the popup message in the bloomin' game and possibly his pedia entry (might only be flavour, not sure) ought to have revealed.

Vale, did the yield refresh next turn? It may well be calculated earlier in the turn before the cultural calculations are done.

I suspect Kraken might be beasts rather than naval, could be wrong there though.

15. vale

vale Mathematician

No, the issue remained until I would save reload or pillage and rebuild.

16. snarko

snarko DLLer

Code:
    iRnd = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(pPlayer.getNumUnits(), "Spirit Guide")
    pUnit = pPlayer.getUnit(iRnd)
    onUnitKilled in CvEventManager.py. pUnit can be an invalid unit.

17. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I've complained about that before, especially when playing Luchuirp. It should really try again in the selected unit is a worker, great person, or golem.

18. Stephenc369

Stephenc369 Chieftain

I'm getting strange results with Graft Flesh.

Graft Flesh is supposed to create a unit with an average strength of the two units used to make it. I grafted together two Chariots (strength 4), both with Mithril Weapons (= strength 8). The result was a Flesh Golem with strength 12.

Possible explanation: Mithril weapons effect was added twice, both before and after the spell

19. Stephenc369

Stephenc369 Chieftain

Sorry, not really a problem. The Flesh Golem's weapon promotion disappears the following turn, giving the correct strength.

20. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

Has this ever happened to you in a game?

An AI civ offers me a trade for Monarchy. I accept, give the civ one of my techs and some gold.

I get the Monarchy popup and see the gold deducted from my total.

I also see the Bone Palace on the build menu of one of my cities, but choose to build something else there.

I research the tech I was working on 3 turns later. On the list of techs that can be researched is...Monarchy. And, sure enough, the Bone Palace is no longer available for me to build. No refund of gold or the tech I gave to the AI civ - Monarchy just appeared as if there had been no trade.

?????