FfH2 0.22 Bug Thread

2 small things with the horselord trait:

Scouts upgraded to horsemen don't get the trait.

Mounted heroes do get the trait (I don't know if this is intended, and it is nice to have a hero with 95% withdraw, but i am not sure it makes sense. It seems the Hippus get horselord because they have been raised from birth on a horse. The heroes are from another society(I believe) so probably shouldn't get the trait)

Also, has it been considered to include the defensive withdraw that is in some of the mods (I think Rise of Mania or Blaze's max mod has it in)

It's entirely possible to get heroes with over 100% withdrawal - Magnadine ended up with well over that in my last Hippus game. No idea how it effects withdrawing, it never came up due to the ludicrous strength :)

Sorry, I meant the religious heroes, Rosier and Valin I think. Magnadine should get the horselords promotion, and also starts with a higher initial withdraw rate, so he can have a 100%. I think the others will max at 95%

When you cast burning blood on someone they gain the summoned promotion 75% of the time. The problem with that is that if that unit then attacks a unit that has a bonus against summons Burning blood has advantage at all, because the 40% gain is countered by the anti summon promotion.

When you cast burning blood on someone they gain the summoned promotion 75% of the time. The problem with that is that if that unit then attacks a unit that has a bonus against summons Burning blood has advantage at all, because the 40% gain is countered by the anti summon promotion.

Anti summon promotion? I've never heard of an anti summon promotion before. Though I do wonder if ring of warding will destroy the person with burning blood.

you can view invisible units in globeview -> military. Happens in vanilla(1.6) too, its fixed in warlord.
We'll have to wait the BTS based FfH.

Anti summon promotion? I've never heard of an anti summon promotion before. Though I do wonder if ring of warding will destroy the person with burning blood.
Magic Resistance gives it IIRC. I expect the Ring of Warding would indeed work against them. The reason they gain the summoned promo is that that's how the "die at end of next turn" (or rather, start of next turn) mechainc's done. You could get round it by copying it and renaming it, but I'm not sure it's worth the overheads.

There is a bug where if a metal is found and it appears on top of one of your cities that you put there before discovering it, you won't be able to use it at all, can be a game ender if you put a city on your only iron or mithril.

Pretty sure you get to use the metal anyway, so long as you have the appropriate tech. You don't get the massive production bonus, but you get the resource and a smaller bonus on the city tile.

The bulk of the files tend to change between versions; that's why no larger patches are released, since they'd be nearly as large as the full download and would add to the confusion about what things to get to play the game.
I agree that it would create confusion, but if someone in the community did it, as opposed to the dev team, then it's just something people can use at their own risk, with the option of falling back to the standard method if they want.
However, I imagine that a large part of the files are conserved between versions - some new art is added, yes, but most of it remains the same, and similarly for music. The only real catch to that is the movies, which are both large and new; I would prefer that they were an optional, separate download (I have movies turned off to save a little performance), but it's not really up to me.

I've been seeing a couple of mostly minor errors on a version of .22h which I have modified significantly. Since I am new to python, I'm pretty sure I probably caused the problems myself. The first time I programmed in python, editing version .21 files starting a couple weeks before .22 was released, I found that tiny typos seemed to be stopping the python files from loading, leading to no interface. The next time, most spells had the side effect of causing the caster to get a large negative strength and movement, and froze the game if one later tried to move. This time, I made a detailed list of all the changes I made as I went:

Spoiler :
Excel:

Global defines:
diplo penalties between alignments changed
Orthus Appearance moved from 75 to 100
+1 base strength to all animals
+6 strength to dragons
Hero free max xp raised to 500
Tsunami flood chance raised t 25%
Max barb and animal xp raised to 200
Circumnavigate naval movement bonus raised to 2

Spell Infos:
WaterWalking, WaterWalking Divine, and Reversal of Fortune made compatible with my targeted versions of them
Added a train spell for the first tier spell in each sphere (renamed the existing ones "train Choas", etc). Each (except train dimensional) requires Govannon to have the level 3 promo to train the level 1
Added train channeling requiring trainer and heroic strength II, and train sorcery requireing trainer and heroic defense II
Added raise earth, requiring Earth and Enchantment III
Added take spellstaff
Added Enlighten, a version of Inquisition used only by luonnatar ignoring state religions, to remove all religions in any city

Promotion Infos:
Air III +1 Lightning damage
Blitz +1 move
Body III +50% poison resistance
City Garrison III +1 defence
City Raider III +1 attack
Command +10% withdrawal
Death III +1 Death damage
Demon fire resistance raised from 20 to 50, holy dropped from -50 to -75
Dimentional I +20% withdrawal
Drill II +1 movediscount, Drill IV +1 movement
Entropy II +1 UNholy strenght, -10% vs holy,Entropy III +2 UNholy strenght, -30% vs holy
Extention I +1 forst strike, +15% withdrawal, Extention II +1 first strike chance, +15% withdrawal, availible to Disciples
FairWinds movechange increased from 1 to 2, +1 frst strike
FoL +30% poison resistance
Fire II +10% fire resistance,Fire III +10% fire resistance, +1 fire damage
Flaiming Arrows +30 Bombard rate change
Flanking II +1 move discount change, Flanking III +1 moves/move discount
Forest stealth availible to disciples
Formation I +20% combat percent defence, Formation II +1 defence strenth, requires combat III
Great Comander +30% city combat, +20% city defence, +20% hill defence
Hero +20% combat percent(and defence)
Heroic strenght II +2 attack, +1 defence, Heroic defence II +1 attack +2 defence
INvisible +2 first strikes
Iron lightning weakness reduced to -15%
Law II +15% unholy resistance, III +35% unholy resistance
Life I +5%, Life II +15%, life III +35% vs Death damage
Mobility II +2 movement
Nature I +5% poison resistance, Nature II +10%, Nature II +15%, +1 poison damage
Navigation II +2 movement
Nightmare +2 attack
Nomad +15% vs cold and poison, always heal
OO +25% vs cold
Orthuss Axe +1 movement, +1 first strike chance, +1 attack strength
Pieces of Barnaxus -1 tarrain movement penalty
Poison blade available to archers and recon, requires Never
Regeeneration +20$ vs death, poison
Runes +100 defence peak, double movement peak, +70 hill defence
Sourge +30% vs holy, unholy
Spellstaff +7 first strike chances
Spirit I +3% vs death, +5% vs unholy, Spirit II +5% vs death, +10% vs Unholy, Spirit III +7% vs death, +15% vs +1 holy damage
Summoned -200 withdrawal, II -50, III -15
The Ashen Veil +1 unholy, -36 vs holy, double movement and +30% defence in fields of perition, burning sands, fields of perdition, 30% defence flames
The Order +1 holy, +40% vs unholy, +5% vs death
Twincast +6 first strike chances
Undead +75% vs holy
Vampire -15% vs holy
Water II +5% vs cold, III +15% vs cold, +1 cold damage
Werewolf blitz
Guerrilla and woodsman II available to disciples

Unit Infos:
Savant, Ritualist, High Priest of the Veil have Extention I
Druid -Life I, Dwarven Druid- Nature I, Liz Druid Water I , all druids woodsman I
Yvain-Mind I, Extension I, Woodsman I, Twincast
Balors have attack 4, defense 1, fire 2, unholy 3, entropy affinity 1
War Elephants slowed from 3 movement to 1
Abashi changed to 13/12 +3 death+3fire+1poison+1unholy+ dim, chaos affinity 1
Eurabates to 17/16+5fire spirit, life, and air affinity 1
Monk reduced to 3/4,but given life and spirit affinity 1
The Drown's 1 unholy strength replaced with 1 death

Building Infos:

Mines of Galdur changed to provide 2 iron, gold and mithril instead of 3 iron
Calabim palace mana changed from earth to mind
Mercurian palace from iron to mithril, earth to law
Spider cage doesn't provide silk, it gives a free poison blade promotion
Temple of Temporance gives 1 spirit mana
Infernal Grimorie gives 1 mind and entropy mana
Guild of Endeavors 1 enchantment mana
Crown of Akarien 1 mind and metamagic
Academy +2 xp arcane, +2 disciple, +1Navel, +2 siege, +10% production with mind mana
Alchemy lab xp +3 arcane,+1 siege, +10% prod, commerce with mind
Altars' disciple xp changed to 3,5,7,10,12,15,17
Aquae Succelus +70% speed with marble, Aqueduct +100 speed with marble,+100% speed Basilica
Archer range and Bowyers archer xp to 1, +1 land domain, Armourers +1 land domain xp,
Bazar of mammon -1 food, prod, trade from priest, -1 food, +2 prod, +6 trade from merchant
Caminus Aureus +1 prod, +2 trade engineer
Catacomb Liberalus +12 arcane xp, +1 prod/trade sage
Celestial Compass +3 naval/disciple xp
Adventures' guild land xp +5 instead of +2
Blasting workshop +15% prod/trade
Cave of ancestors +5% food, +15 prod/trade with metamagic
Command Post +1 xp all
Stable, Hippodrome, Large Animal Stable +1 mounted, +1domain xp
Tower of Alteration +1 food/prod/trade from sage +3 arcane xp
Tower of Elements +1 trade sage, +2 prod sage +3 arcane xp
Tower of Divination +1 prod/trade from sage/priest +1arcane, +1 disciple
Tower of Necromancy +2 trade +1 prod sage +3 arcane xp
Tower of Mastery +12 arcane xp

Civic Infos:
Arete - unlimited engineer,Sacrifice the Weak - unlimited sage, Guardian of nature - unlined bard
Social order +2 happiness basilica, Crusade +1 happiness command post

Leader Infos:
Barbarians given the Aggressive, Raiders, Defender, and Expansive traits

Python:

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 022\Assets\python\FFHSpells

Drown spell works on any Melee unit, creates a 'The Drown' with base strength of drowned unit (plus + death)
Free battlemaster train axeman ability
Waterwalking is now a targeted spell which, as a side effect, removes the water2 promotion from the caster and costs 6 xp
Reversal of Fortune now a targeted spell
Rust doesn't work on units using Mithril Weapons
Added Raise Earth (copied from maxmod)
Added Enlighten
Added take spellstaff (copy of take axe, but with a spellstaff and no cancast requirement)
Added cancast disabled if statements for all new spells,updated for renamed training spells

C:\Program Files\Fireaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 022\Assets\python\CvEventManager,

in def on CombatResult function, added an if statement to cost the barbarians their traits at the death of orthus

Roshier can get Nightmare

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 022\Assets\python\entrypoints\CvGAmeInterface

Making Paladins available to all Runes followers, Eidolons to all OO, and Druids to all but the Order and Veil

Here are the errors:
Spoiler :

I am unable to select any unit by clicking on their picture over the command bar, but selecting them by clicking on the screen is fine. In order to select them easily they need to be the only unit on the tile or else I have to select all unit in stack, break up the group, and have the other units wait a turn. When you select a new unit, the old one remain highlighted until clicked again, the way religions and buildings are in world builder.The first time I got the python files working the game was open. I thought I would need to restart before the changes would be added, but it displayed reloading python modules and everything worked except this error appeared. Then when I restarted it, it worked fine for 2 days. Now it happens all the time.

Even though both my new waterwalking spells and reversal of fortune are basically copies of Burning blood, the waterwalking works fine while reversal won't let me select a tile or target.

Orthus's death does not trigger trait loss.

The technology screen showing what tech was just learned and what it allows does not appear, whether learned from a goody hut or researched.

The starting settler does not get its extra mobility promotions.

Barb trait civs do not seem to start at peace with barbs.

Basically, nothing from cvEventManager was working, and a few spells aren't casting right.

Edit: I've fixed most of the problems by reverting to the original CvEventManager file. (I just got my modified version to work a few hours ago ) Some spells still aren't working (raise earth, reversal of fortune, Govanon's train-spell spells) even though their codes appear almost identical to spells that work.

@ mervvyn, no i didn't change the mechanism except for eliminating all references to state religion. It is actually better for the Gregori if it does cause unhappiness, since they would likely use it in rival cities (plus I am considering letting Luonnatar move in rival territory without open boarders). The Luonnatar actually have access to inquisition as well; when I tried to deny them this ability when I wrote the code about a month it didn't seem to work; I'm not sure why and haven't tried again.

p.s. How do you make the game display the python errors? that might help me find out why its not working.

mervvyn, it is true that most of the files are conserved between versions, however, updating only certian files and leaving others blank, and trying to find files you updated but here but not there, would casue a massive amount of issues for Kael, so, he only does full downloads for major versions.

mervvyn, it is true that most of the files are conserved between versions, however, updating only certian files and leaving others blank, and trying to find files you updated but here but not there, would casue a massive amount of issues for Kael, so, he only does full downloads for major versions.
As I said before, I agree that it wouldn't be worth the effort for the dev team, just that it's something I might try myself out of interest for 0.23. :)

Magister, the enlighten spell for the luonnatar that you had looked interesting - I like the flavour aspect and was just wondering if you had changed the mechanism at all. Specifically, when I first saw it, the thought that sprang to mind was no unhappiness for removing the religions (ie. the citizens are happy or at least content to become unburdened of false beliefs), but I guess that could be a bit unbalancing for the Grigori.

Pretty sure you get to use the metal anyway, so long as you have the appropriate tech.

No, the iron was discovered on top of a desert city, and it didn't show up in my city menu so I had to hook up a second supply of iron with a mine and only after did my guys upgrade their weapons.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature. It's nice but a bit illogical, and in a way tech tree breaking.

When Jungles burn they always come back as new forests.

No, the iron was discovered on top of a desert city, and it didn't show up in my city menu so I had to hook up a second supply of iron with a mine and only after did my guys upgrade their weapons.

Are you sure you had a forge at that time? Cause I've built on copper before and I've gotten the bronze promotion.

Just realize that the promotion is only handed out when you move a unit into the city, or build a unit there. Current units in the city would only get the promotion if another unit got it (or if they moved out and back).

under rare circumstances, cities are catching fire when a forest nearby burns down

(its hard to see the smoke on the city, but i placed the cursor over it so that you could see the terrain)

Spoiler :

What could cause a memory allocation failure (- exiting program. reason: bad allocation).

Darklor

I don't know, but it is a common error on larger maps in vanilla. Fireaxis says the problem is fixed in BtS, but they are still testing to be sure their fix hasn't caused more severe problems.

Top Bottom