FfH2 0.22 Bug Thread

True, the Doviello need a boost. I usually change it so that Battlemaster upgrades are free. I would like to see how it would work in Doviello units could take the metal promotions from any unit they kill and if their battlemasters could function as a city with a training yard for the purposes of upgrading any unit to anything, but that is beyond my programming skill.

Of course the Ljosofar can create druids, when they're Neutral.

Free battlemaster upgrades would definitely do the trick, and the other proposals sound interesting. Here's some additional thoughts:

1. Cheaper military units overall (or put cost back to standard) - there's no longer any real advantage for Doviello units

2. Improved Tundra Yield (e.g. extra hammer and food) - haven't the Doviello been able to thrive under inhospitable conditions? I think it also plays on the ice/tundra theme. Won't imbalance the game, but it adds a nice flavour.

3. Reduced unit support costs - having the palace reduce unit support costs would help Doviello do what they are designed to do, keep warring without collapsing the economy and becoming the neighbourhood caveman (ok... well, not to the point where one gets axemen the time your opposition gets crossbows).

4. Weapon rules for additional Doviello units: like horseman, hunter, javelins, witch doctors etc. to compensate for missing flurry, marksman, heavy xbow etc.

I couldn't upload first time around, but here's the link for the bug:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/96751/DovielloEmp.Civ4SavedGame

Look for southern Doviello (Lanum named) towns, there's some enraged troops there. Hope that makes it easier.

Why "Queen of the line" has this name? I did not see the Erebus history on it. Usually "ship of the line" means the toughest kind of ship for the battle line (i.e. e.g. battleship), not a transport. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_the_line)

Is it a bug? Am I wrong?

Why cant I build the Ashen Veil wonder Stigmata on the Unborn? I founded the Ashen Veil and have the Holy City, now I got a Great Priest - but when I move him into the Holy City there is no button for building Stigmata.

Strangely enough, there ARE buttons for the the wonders of the Cult of the Dragon and The Order, though they are grayed out.

Why cant I build the Ashen Veil wonder Stigmata on the Unborn? I founded the Ashen Veil and have the Holy City, now I got a Great Priest - but when I move him into the Holy City there is no button for building Stigmata.

Strangely enough, there ARE buttons for the the wonders of the Cult of the Dragon and The Order, though they are grayed out.

A great priest won't do it. You need a Great Sage to make the Stigmata of the Unborn.

I had a consistent crash to desktop at end-of-turn while in the middle of a crusade, so I downloaded and built the GameCoreDLL. After a bit of debugging, I found that it is caused by one of my cities generating a great person -- specifically the check near the bottom of CvCity::doGreatPeople which, when in a crusade, forces the great person to be a great commander. The call to getInfoTypeForString for UNIT_GREAT_COMMANDER was returning NO_UNIT, so the game was crashing down somewhere in the bowels of createGreatPeople. By removing the crusade check there, I was able to continue my game.

I don't know why getInfoTypeForString was returning NO_UNIT. Maybe because ffh is still on vanilla?

Wow, your first post and you include a bug reports with isolation and the cause. Welcome to FfH! This will be fixed in the next patch, thanks!

Poison seems to affect nonliving units such as Trebuchets, which seems unintended. Also, the Blessed promotion doesn't seem to go away when either of the units withdraws.

Should rust be repaired in forges instead of barracks? Since it now also removes weapons, it would make sense that same building removes rust and gives back the weapons

EDIT: What happens if rusted unit enters city with forge but without barracks?

Forges remove rust, not barracks.

This has been answered sooo many times =.=

Combat Bonuses such as anti-animal promotions are subtracted from your opponents health rather than added to yours, and are not shown on the roll over. Bears have a health of 4, and with subdue animal hunter you have 25 + 75 = 100% anti animal bonus against them, thus bringing his total strength down to 2.

Can't answer why you have such a low chance of success, but the reason isn't being caused by the anti-animal promo not working- in your example it is working just fine.

Next time please read back through the bug reports before you post. This question was already answered on the page before this one.

FYI: I dont actually expect anyone to read all the posts in this thread, there are way to many. I just ask that they read the first post for issues before they post. And I should get commonly asked questions into the FAQ (tower bonus requirements, animal bonueses, and artists/sages making some religious wonders would probably be good to have there).

I've installed 0.22 + patch g and was wondering, although i know FfH is'nt finished, if all the currently buildable units graphics are finished, because if they are i seem to be having some problems.

If you have a card that doesn't support shaders then you sometimes see broken up units. We ran into this as a huge roadblock in Age of Ice and C.Roland made huge progress if figuring out how to get these issues fixed.

So in short you will start to see these issues get fixed and I wouldnt expect to see many mroe of them in the future.

Patch "h" has been uploaded and linked in the first post. It makes the following changes and wont break saves:

1. All units that require horses will also use nightmares.
2. Fixed the war declarion on spell damage so the player casting the spell declares war.
3. Fixed a CtD when generating a great person during a crusade.
4. Non-living units can't be poisoned.

Had this error happen when i upgraded my beastmen to a axemen in multiplayer

Spoiler :

also, not sure if this is a bug or not, but the barbs revealed their nationality with an elephant and used it to defend their city. Not sure if they should do that, this is the first time i saw something like this
Spoiler :

The elephant move is a realy smart one that I do use occassionally (everytime I've got an elephant, ok ^^). Its incredible that the AI is able to do it ^^.

I've often defended my cities with elephants, but I declare nationality. No point having a hidden nationality unit that cant attack.

Um... Why not? Put him in the friendly neighbourhood and let his experience grow. *eg*

Darklor

Another civs hunter comes by, and bye bye Elephant.

EDIT: Sorry Kael, forgot this was the bug thread >_<

also, not sure if this is a bug or not, but the barbs revealed their nationality with an elephant and used it to defend their city.
Animals do not move through the territory of any civ including barbarian state. Therefore elephant is paralyzed now: he is surrounded with the barb state territory. I think the barbarian city arose on the tile with elephant. Didn't think it is possible.

And there is a rule: unit with HN stationed in a city is marked as belonging to the according civ (even if it is not so).

I think I can understand why a unit (usually mounted like a Horseman) that withdraws from battle still gains XP. But, why, then, doesn't the defending unit also receive XP? It has been in a battle and should have gained some experience, right?;)

Also, one of my favorite topics: The Trojan Horse.

I sent it out with a few units inside towards an AI civ that was giving me problems. Well, on the way it was ambushed and killed by a Giant Spider of all things. All hands were lost. :mad:

This was only about mid-game (Epic) and I don't know how buffed up that Spider was, but maybe that 'hero' unit Trojan Horse needs a bit more strength.

Top Bottom