1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.22 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, May 25, 2007.

1. Gabriel21

Gabriel21 Warlord

0.22h: I conquered Archeron's city only to find out there is no dragon hord, no gems, no gold, no mithril either. WHY? In 0.21 it worked well everytime.

2. ClownPrince

ClownPrince Chieftain

Confirmed. I just experienced the same issue: conquered Archeron, took the city, no Hoard (or any other buildings). The city was captured pretty early (about 20 turns after it was created). I checked the log, and it said that Barbarian created Archeron, but it did NOT immediately follow with another message saying the Dragon's Hoard had been created.

FFH2 rules. :goodjob:

3. kcwong

kcwong Emperor

I started to get CTDs in late game. Save game attached. It usually happens when I move a stack over long distance, or when I open up a big city's city screen.

It gave me two error dialogs. But the messages on them are corrupted... garbled. Looks like buffer overflow?

At first I suspected it to be related to my video driver... I updated from (ATI Radeon) 7.2 to 7.6, but still got same CTDs.

4. Mithrus

Mithrus Warlord

Playing direct IP connection two player games I am getting OOS errors often after turn 120 or so. Even saving the game and reloading, the errors return after an average of 5-10 turns. I am using 22h.

5. Kael

Kael Deity

I played this all the way through to a domination victory without an error.

6. kcwong

kcwong Emperor

It is not a 100% reproducible error... I too, have won a domination victory after I restarted and reloaded.

In the late game I got three CTDs... once from opening a city screen, twice from dragging a stack over long distances.

7. Dier

Dier Chieftain

I sent a whole bunch of ships to colonize the far end of the world. The trip took the fleet into a friendly harbor of a friendly civ. Well, it took most of the fleet there. All the hidden nationality ships were actually destroyed upon entering. Something about a longbowman being in the way...

I don't know if this is really a bug, but it was certainly an unpleasant surprise. ;)

8. mindlar

mindlar Warlord

It would be very nice to be able to build the Ride of Nine Kings wonder with either nightmares or horses. As it stands right now if you play as Hyborem there is no way for you to build the wonder unless you are able to convince someone to trade you horses.

9. xanaqui42

xanaqui42 King

Both of these functions have the same defect; an improper cast.

Note that this does not impact their functionality.

sample:
    Code:
    	if (GET_PLAYER(ePlayer).getCivics((CivicOptionTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("CIVICOPTION_COMPASSION")) == (CivicOptionTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("CIVIC_PUBLIC_HEALERS") ||
    should be:
    Code:
    	if (GET_PLAYER(ePlayer).getCivics((CivicOptionTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("CIVICOPTION_COMPASSION")) == ([B]CivicTypes[/B])GC.getInfoTypeForString("CIVIC_PUBLIC_HEALERS") ||

10. Kael

Kael Deity

Interestign that it works both ways. There is actually a few places I make these kind of calls. I will get them fixed.

11. Pocus

Pocus Warlord

What is the FfH team position on new features and AI? Because the AI don't know how to handle Gipsy wagons or the recently added great carnival, so... Are features added first, and if time allows the AI will be coded to use it?

12. steampunk1880

steampunk1880 Prince

Somewhere on my fifth or sixth playthrough i got a blue screen of death well into the game. It was not very helpful, simply telling me that the error occurred in the file nv4_disp.dll and that it was a page_fault_in_nonpage_area. Well, there you go.

I was playing the Kuriotates playing around with their gold dragon with the hidden nationality promotion in Amurites territory. I there was a big battle but the error didnt occurr until after I had ended the turn.

13. ma.KaBre

ma.KaBre Chieftain

Is this error reproducible? Actually nv4_disp.dll is part of an Nvidia graphics driver as far as I know. Is there a possibility that your graphics card ran out of video memory?

14. steampunk1880

steampunk1880 Prince

I don't believe it's easily reproducable, and I dont know how I would be able to find out the state of my graphics card at the time of the crash. I'm sorry, I thought it had something to do with the game. That is the fist time it's happened.

15. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

Not so much a question of time as priorities. AI is of course important, but since things are constantly changing, it isn't worth investing too much time in at the moment.

16. the_fish

the_fish Warlord

I've noticed a bug with the immortal promotion (this occurred in two separate games with Losha Valas and Hyborem respectively). Looking at the combat logs it seems like they would lose their 'first' combat versus a unit (attacking both times), then healed up to half health within the same combat event and continued the attack, which they won. After the battle, the victorious immortal unit would then respawn in my capital - implying they both won and lost the combat...

Oh, and I'm getting no dragon's hoard bugs some of the time (dragon city spawned over city ruins, if that helps, and it spawned the same turn acheron did), and Loki seems to defend all the time, die, then respawn in an adjacent tile...this might just be how he works, but it's a little unexpected. I just figured he'd move.

17. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf Chieftain

ummmm.......ill just play 0.16

18. Kael

Kael Deity

It looks like you are trying to play the patch, you need the full download.

19. Pocus

Pocus Warlord

This is what I meant, a question of priority. Given the fact that the overwhelming majority of FFH players are only playing solo, I would hope that one of your team is almost full time on the AI, for the better of the project. Adding tons of features which are not supported by the AI would be suboptimal, in my humble (developer too) opinion anyway. :mischief:

20. gandalf51

gandalf51 Chieftain

I strongly agree.

Teaching AI to use small things that can change cleary should not be a priority. But teaching it to correctly attack or defend, for example, should be a priority.