FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Playing with patch i:

• Spiders can't build spider pen
  • Ai acts weird when trading resources. They consider mine practically worthless, unless they make an offer (during their turn). For example for decent happy res they don't have yet (say silk) they only offer 1 gold; when asking what they want for one of their resources, they list about everything I have (often 10+ resources)

Edit:
another bug i encountered in a recent game (dunno which patch): can't demand a vassal for resources, i can only ask 'this would come in handy' (usually they just give it for free to me, but still, i prefer demanding it :p)

Playing with patch i:

• Ai acts weird when trading resources. They consider mine practically worthless, unless they make an offer (during their turn). For example for decent happy res they don't have yet (say silk) they only offer 1 gold; when asking what they want for one of their resources, they list about everything I have (often 10+ resources)

Edit:
another bug i encountered in a recent game (dunno which patch): can't demand a vassal for resources, i can only ask 'this would come in handy' (usually they just give it for free to me, but still, i prefer demanding it :p)

These are both BtS patch 3.13 issues.

For the Unresolved issue of promtions being lost when they are granted for free (by unit upgrade or the like), is there a way to code it so that exp is lost and then regained, thus granting a new level? Then the current / needed exp indicator would show the game that a promtion is required.

I guess the main complication I can see without knowing much about the mechanics now is that this would mean your level 4 adept would get knocked back to a Level 3 Mage/Conjurer, then have the exp returned to him, becoming a Level 4 Mage/Conjurer with an unspent promtion. But, if he was actually level 5 and had a promtion waiting to be selected, but decided to upgrade before purchasing it... well, then he loses a promtion opportunity instead of being able to save it and have 2 as the new class.

Can you please, please, PLEASE... for the love of BOB... make it so that automated workers stop destroying the nodes I build?? I can't count how many times I've *tried* to build the tower of necromancy, and one of my nodes gets a mine or windmill built over it, denying me access to the required mana. :mad:

Can you please, please, PLEASE... for the love of BOB... make it so that automated workers stop destroying the nodes I build?? I can't count how many times I've *tried* to build the tower of necromancy, and one of my nodes gets a mine or windmill built over it, denying me access to the required mana. :mad:
There is a game option to prevent workers from building over existing improvements. Might not be exactly what you want, but it works well enough.

Meh, just make mana nodes higher priority in the automated logic then any other type of improvement. I don't mind if my workers change a mine for a windmill, or a cottage/town for a farm... or whatever it is... But since mana is so scarce, and hard to come by, This would make sense...

If memory serves, spell buildings that say they only work while the spellcaster is in the city don't actually work that way. They only disappear when you start a new turn without a spellcaster in the city that could cast that spell. Your caster could leave the city to attack someone outside or to give another unit a buff, then return before the turn is over without any problem. Also, If you move another unit with the same ability to the city, they can trade positions.

Actually, in patch "i" I can cast "unyelding order" in all mine cities with just Hemah and it remains active in all cities.

After I installed Patch I, I no longer get a year shown up at the top. Instead I just get a turn. And when I check the even log, it doesn't list a year there either. I tried different maps with different civs, same result. I tried a FRESH install of everything all over again(CIV4, CIV4BTS, FFH2Mod, FFH2Media, and Patch I) Same problem. Any idea what might be causing this?

The only other thing that I can think of, is that I was viewing the DDS files and they now open with Infanview. I don't see how this would mess the game up though.

Edit: I should also note, that if I just play BTS, the year does show up. So it's something FFH2 related.

After I installed Patch I, I no longer get a year shown up at the top. Instead I just get a turn. And when I check the even log, it doesn't list a year there either. I tried different maps with different civs, same result. I tried a FRESH install of everything all over again(CIV4, CIV4BTS, FFH2Mod, FFH2Media, and Patch I) Same problem. Any idea what might be causing this?

The only other thing that I can think of, is that I was viewing the DDS files and they now open with Infanview. I don't see how this would mess the game up though.

We just don't list the year anymore. The year is interesting in vanilla civ4 because it allows players to compare their progress against history (along with some complexity on the backend to try to keep some historical accuracy). That isnt so important in FfH. In fact its a little confusing because players begin to wonder why their hero has been running around for 300 years.

Since we dont use the year for anything it was removed and just the turn is used instead (previously the turn = year so it was redundant information anyway).

I was able to upgrade my adepts to mages right away from level 1. I was playing as Flavouros of the Calabim. Also I was able to use the vampire ability to eat population down to 0, leaving the city pretty useless. At arround 1-2 population the xp gain was negative, my unit had about 60xp at the time. Version 0.25h.

After building a plantatin on Incense, the incese did not show up in connected city windows. It did not show up when I built a second incense plantation. However after I subsequently built a Silk plantation both incense resourses showed up.

Patch h.

Similar issue with copper. Had a connected mine. Barbs burned it. Rebuilt. Still not showing up on the city screen.

Patch H too.

Same game as before, patch H + my modifications .

I defeated Cardith Lorda without declaring war on him, using HN units. A few turns latter I decided to liberate a couple of cities on a nearby island (one was once Cardith's, the other was built by a settler I rushed in the first city). When I liberated them, they passed to Cardith Lorda of the Khazad. Unlocked leaders were not allowed. Also, the leader didn't really look like Cardith; his picture, his traits, and his text seemed exactly like Arturus Thorn. I guess he just decided to change his name.

Same game as before, patch H + my modifications .

I defeated Cardith Lorda without declaring war on him, using HN units. A few turns latter I decided to liberate a couple of cities on a nearby island (one was once Cardith's, the other was built by a settler I rushed in the first city). When I liberated them, they passed to Cardith Lorda of the Khazad. Unlocked leaders were not allowed. Also, the leader didn't really look like Cardith; his picture, his traits, and his text seemed exactly like Arturus Thorn. I guess he just decided to change his name.

Yeah, liberation is a whole new thing we have yet to delve into. I'm not sure how we are going to deal with it in FfH yet. The game just randomly grabs a leader and civ as far as I can tell.

Yeah, thats what I figured. Is was a little amusing though to think of Cardith trying to pass a a dwarf.

Edit: Actually, I just noticed that "Cardith Lorda's" civ is actually called Kuriotates, but I'm still pretty sure it is really the Khazad. When I gave then a free unit in world builder, It did get the dwarven promotion. I also saw that "Cardith" did take the preexisting slot taken by Cardith, instead of a new one like my other colony, Capria's Bannor, took. I think everything that a human player could change in "Your Details" somehow carried over to Arturus when he filled Cardith's vacant spot.

Patch "j" is linked in the first post. It makes the following changes:

1. Fixed the Mokkas Cauldron / Soul Forge issue.
2. Fixed a crash when weapon promotions arent set (for warhammer).
3. Fixed an issue where players can sometimes start allied with barbs.
4. Commerce values are now displayed on buildings (thanks Bhruic!).
5. Unyielding Order now expires if a caster isnt in its city.
6. The Feast ability now requires a city of population 3 or greater.

I just researched Bronze working a few turns ago, and yet my warriors and morai have yet to upgrade with bronze weapons. Also none of the AI have bronze weapons either.

I then closed FFH2 and reopened it, and tried to load the game, and it still would not hand out weapons. This is with patch J.

Attachments

• kioras AD-0187.CivBeyondSwordSave
    268.6 KB · Views: 58
Feast seems broken now. It is never available, even in a quickly growing size 13 city.

Again, I can't be sure whether the bug was caused by the latest patch or my changes. I had used the free WinMerge compare tool to bring over the changes I'd made before the patch to patch J, added some simple spells (Allowing Govannon to train every spell sphere, but requiring level three the teach level 1 for all spheres but dimensional), and gave the Calabim a Royal Guard UU (copied the normal Royal Guard code, but with Rosier's graphics. Attack and defense both 6, guardsman and spirit replaced with vampirism, law1, mind1, channeling 1&2. Can upgrade to Vampire Lord)

on the workers overbuilding existing improvements, would the coding work add to the game enough for each civ to prefer different improvements? dwarves pref mines, treehugginggits pref forest farms or whatever.

Top Bottom