1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Dec 15, 2007.

1. westamastaflash

westamastaflash Lord Commander

This is an intended design change.

2. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

I received a runtime error after installing patch e when I tried to load a game. I could not reproduce it. Also, my civics had been changed to previous settings but I can't say with any degree of certainty that patch e did it. Can Vassals affect that?

3. Civkid1991

Civkid1991 in shade of poison trees

I've played about 3 or 4 shadow games now and in all the ratcatchers guild has spawnes pretty quickly in the game...

4. overdark

overdark Chieftain

cross-posting this from the balance thread:

There's two glaring issues I've noticed playing multiplayer games:

1) the AI absolutely cannot deal with raging barbs. On a huge custom continents, 4 teams of 3 each, half the AI's die to barbs.

2) 1-tile and small islands. This is the most glaring. I just finished up a game with the same settings as above - 4 teams of 3, custom continents (1 per team), and 6 of the AI's started on 1-tile islands and never placed their settlers. One AI started on a 2-tile island and never placed a settler. Is there a mod or a way it can be coded so that settlers do not appear on small islands? It's pretty ridiculous and aggravating at the same time, playing up through turn 2-400 and finding out one team is just standing around on 1-tile islands without ever placing a settler.

5. ichbinsehselber

ichbinsehselber Prince

to make sure bears do not get extinkt, Orthus decided to defend a bear den. He is now guarding it. 0.30e.

6. ichbinsehselber

ichbinsehselber Prince

you can use a comparison tool like the free evaluation version of beyond compare. It will show you all the differences and it works also on whole folders with multiple files inside...

7. Darkheart

Darkheart Warlord

@ Evilbob22

Thanks mate...I didn't want to start another game only to find it hanging up at turn 300ish coz I'm still using an out of date patch, when I've just downloaded the latest one.

As I further issue, When I load BTS Game and load a single player FFH game from the BTS start up menu it tells me that it will need FFh2 mod and needs to restart...the version number shown on that screen is.... 2030.a. Even though it's loading a 2030.e save game. ( I believe!)

@ kael and team thanks for all your efforts over Christmas....5 patches in 3 weeks and we are still whinging :) .... Guess you cant please all the people all the time!

My only request is a Definitive space to show version and patch number so we at least know we're on the same ball park.

8. Vokac

Vokac Chieftain

That seems to my problem as well.

Thank you.

9. Mortenart

Mortenart Steampunk

Playing as Elohim

Requiring Nightmares to build mounted units, although alignment is Good and not member of CoE or Undercouncil. (also received a Nightwatch unit)

Sanctuary World Spell not working properly. Only a few enemy units are banished, although the ones that remain don`t seem to be attacking. Baron Halfmorn (enemy unit) disappeared after a few turns.

Not receiving any benefits or bonuses for joining Overcouncil.

Ratcatchers Guild founds many times.

10. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

Ok here's an odd bug, that I think is there from previous versions, since I remember reports of Yvain being allmighty.
    In my case, Chalid is. He should be strength 16, instead he is now strength 40. I say now because strength occasionally increases. It seems it increases of 6 points (not totally sure though, but last time I checked before strength 40 he was strength 34) sometimes for unknown reasons (not every turn).

Chalid is strength 7 base, +1 bronze weapons, +1 heroic str.(att/def), +6 from 3 Sun Mana, and +1 from Great Commander.

Now, I think the problem is connected exactly with the Great Commander. First I tried to count mana nodes accross the world, civs with which I had OB, etc, but none would match the score of 40. Then I remembered he had this Great Commander and I tried splitting it from him. Et voilà ! He now was strength 45. Upon rejoining him he became ("correctly") strength 46. Now I thought, there are six points from 40 to 46, six from 34 to 40, and the difference with what should be his real strength is always a multiple of 6. It could be that sometimes the AI just performs in a hidden way what I have done by splitting and rejoining the Great Commander. But then I tried to split again and Chalid only lost 1 point, as it should be. So well... I hope this all made some sense.

Screenshot attached.

Attached Files:

11. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

Nevermind, I just noticed he is strength 10, +30 Fire, as reported in this post in the Balance thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6297580&postcount=130

So the bug is indeed with Affinity. Instead of adding 2 points x 3 Sun mana the AI is adding 10 points x 3 Sun Mana, and the multiples of 6 still make sense since I have 3 Sun Mana.

12. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

My patch e had an error accessing CVgamecoredll.dll

13. westamastaflash

Use WinMerge - it's free :)

14. snarko

snarko DLLer

Unless it's changed in .30 when the game is saved m_paiBonusAffinityAmount is not. It should be. Could be the cause of the affinity bug?

15. steakmaster

steakmaster Chieftain

The Game Crush at the End Turn...

Attached Files:

16. westamastaflash

Once Iron working is available and you build training yards, you can no longer build radiant guards, thus eliminating your ability to build champions with Sun II. :-(

17. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

Simple solution: Don't build training yards everywhere.

Meaning, a solution for now.

18. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

To get a big army fast you should build warriors in other cities and bring them to your training yard cities to upgrade anyways. (Especially with Khazad, and if you get that Hammer Guild)

19. mindlar

mindlar Warlord

Equipment seems to be replicating. I've seen multiple units in the same square with Orthus's axe and golden hammers seem to be far more frequent than I would have guessed. I think it is related to grouped units casting the take equipment spell.

I've attached a save with 5 grouped units and a single golden hammer on the same plot. If the take golden hammer spell is chosen all 5 units receive the promotion.

Attached Files:

20. Raguel

Raguel Chieftain

I had this happen to me too. I ended up with 2 axes. At least one of them doesn't work properly tho, because the sidar hero (who's name escapes me atm) was not able to attack twice while wielding it.