1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Dec 15, 2007.

1. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

2. smurven

smurven Chieftain

cant download patch f :( The request just times out.

3. skallben

skallben Diplomat

Lanun, if you pillage the Pirate Coven's they eventually end up as Coast tiles :eek: Not sure if this is intended.

Also, I'm sure you are aware that you can build them tighter than 3 spaces apart.

4. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

The def getHero(self, pPlayer) custom function has not been updated for Shadow. The Svatalfar cannot build the Shrine of the Champion because getHero for them returns UNITCLASS_KAEL, a unitclass that does not exist. Likewise, the Malakim Hero is still defined as UNITCLASS_CHALID, so they should be able to build their shrine only after the Empyrean's Hero has been killed. I haven't noticed either of these myself, but I checked the code after reading the "Shrine of the Champion requirements" thread and am pretty sure this is why TravellingHat was having problems with the Shrine as the Svartalfar.

5. wayeward

wayeward Chieftain

Interesting, might be that stack overload problem mentioned above. As for me, I tend to like combat too much, and start small maps (highlands usually) with about 15-20 civs on, so theres no room to really expand unless you are willing to fight your way through from the get go. I recall the day I assumed that such close quarters would mean more chaos, more chaos meaning more AC count (cities being razed, Veil spreading), but I guess I was mistaken. IVe played steady for over a year and only seen the counter reach 50 once. Perhaps its time to try some large or huge maps.

6. bluedevil99

bluedevil99 Warlord

When playing as Sheaim, summoned Chaos marauders often instantly appear as barbarian units. I SINCERELY hope this is a bug. Giving marauders a chance to betray you at the end of 3 turns, or even at the end of each turn, is ok (though I'd prefer not at all) but having them go rogue immediately makes the spell useless. Getting owned by your own summons = NOT FUN.

7. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

It is intended, appropriate, and I like it. I wouldn't be summoning Chaos marauders as the Sheaim anyway except where I want them to go barbarian and attack my rivals. The Sheaim get free chaos marauders anyway (who don't ever turn barbarian) with high enough xp. I'm not sure, but summoned marauders might count against the limit of how many free planar gate units you can have a a time, thus weakening their armies overall.

8. Inkling

Inkling Warlord

how do you know its as intended? what thread are you looking at to get this information, cause i keep searching and find nothing(which is typical, i freakin hate this web sites search functions)
    i'm not doubting you, i just want to avoid bringing up things that are already known, since you don't appear to be part of the staff, i'm guessing you must be acquiring your info from the same places available to me, so can you please point me to the threads. cause i can't find official word here or any of the last 2 change logs.

Gracious.

9. Khadil Okharim

Khadil Okharim Chieftain

Playing as the Grigori I couldn't build the first level of the Altar of the Luonnotar with any Luonnotar unit. Is this intended?

10. thealien_83

thealien_83 King

The Altar of the Luonnotar is built with Great Prophets only.

11. thealien_83

thealien_83 King

And in other news..

Tried casting the Bannor World Spell, Rally. Didn't work as described. Sure enough every city spawned a Demagog, but only like a single town managed to produce one. There were plenty of other towns, not just cottages/hamlets/villages/whatnot, but Towns. They didn't see fit to make any Demagogs for the Crusade.

Secondly.. Had Basium pop into the game before Hyborem. Ashen Veil got founded, then Basium. No Hyborem yet. I could'a sworn you couldn't build the Mercurian Gate until after Hyborem had entered the game. But maybe I got things mixed up. :crazyeye:

12. Didymus

Didymus Chieftain

thealien:

Grigori have great difficulty making Great Prophets, so their Luonnotar units can build the Altar. At least, in 0.23

Basium no longer requires Hyborem to spawn, this is a change in 0.30

13. ZhugeTien

ZhugeTien Enlightened Despot

Luonnotar can no longer build the Altar. I know, I know: It doesn't make much sense that the most thematic way for the Grigori to win the game is nearly impossible for them to do. I don't like it either, but it keeps Cassiel from doing an altar Rush as soon as the unit becomes available. Not THAT hard to get 11+ level units to burn for the Altar...

14. felwar

felwar Warlord

Yesterday I came across a stack of Auric Ulvin's workers on a mana node along his border. He had 6 workers on it, all building a different kind of mana node with different completion times.

15. Von Evilstein

Von Evilstein Chieftain

The Industrious trait does not give double production for the "Dwarven Smithy" wich remplace the forge.

16. Starsun

Starsun Chieftain

dont know if anyone else has seen this but i dont have time to read all 51 page in this tread.

suddenly well into my game my units start for no reason to become barbarian.
    this goes for animals captured, mercenaries as well as low and highlevel homemade units. there is not warning message or hints that they will leave but suddenly in the middle of my country they turn up as barbarian
    attacking my workers and destroying the landscape.

let me know if this is a bug others have encountered

otherwise fantastic work Kael on this best modpack for Civ it beats everything else.

17. Chip56

Chip56 King

Has the avatar of wraith event tiggered?
    In that case living units gain the enraged promotion and have a 1% chance to turn barbarian every turn.

18. Starsun

Starsun Chieftain

yes maybe this is the one thing. grrr anyway to counter this ?

19. Chip56

Chip56 King

Unfortunatly no. Only way is to never let it happen by keeping AC low.

20. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

It would be nice if the Loyalty spell would either improve chances they do not turn barbarian or kill the unit rather than allow it to betray its civ.

---------------------------------------

EDIT

That's where a bounty hunter would be a cool unit. Its job is to hunt down barbs and turn them back. You'd need dungeons at the very least, or perhaps Pillar of Chains for an extra bounty hunter bonus vs barbs. The bounty hunter function could be a promotion unlocked for units built in a city with both dungeons + courthouse.