FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

Got an serious OOS error in Multiplayer (V 0.30 f) on the following events:

- Player builds his fifth Kuriotates-City

- Player converts to the Infernales

A python error in CvRandomEventInterface.doVeilVsOrderTemple3 (lines 794,800) . player is used instead of pPlayer .

Tcho !

Edit : the same python error in CvRandomEventInterface.doVeilVsOrderTemple1

No. The cap is a function of the AC, the number of planar gates you have, and the number of buildings you have. At a very high AC you could easily have 10 times the number of free units as the buildings you needed to get them.

Hi

As the title says, if you have entropy mana (listed as -5% heal penalty to enemies in YOUR territory), it prevents healing your own units in enemy territory, and in fact slowly kills them, as if your units are getting the penalty.

Tested using HN units as Svartalfar. Hill Giant with March and Combat V not healing, but not noticeably losing more health. Assassin with Combat V slowly losing health. Nightwatch with Combat II losing health quite rapidly. No units have the red cross bottle icon when in enemy territory.

Enemy territory in question was Ljosalfar, who definately did not have entropy mana themselves.

After the riot caused by the beast of agraves (sp?, would be nice if the riot would be mentioned in the pedia) i wanted to rebuild the nodes i had before - which is impossible. I can get all other types of mana but not the one I had before the incident...

This is the second game without any reagents on the whole map (map type is global highlands, no wrap). The first neither had gunpowder nor mithril too.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 88
  • node problems.CivBeyondSwordSave
    346.4 KB · Views: 61
Got a CTD error when i captured the last(i think) city of the svartalfar. The city also happened to be the holy city of OO and had necronomicon in it. Ill see if i can get a save uploaded. Meanwhile ill see if i can fix it in the world editor, really want to play further. :S

Gogo swat the bugs. <3

I just encountered what appears to be a bug. It would seem that the Khazad in my game have multiple copies of Orthus' axe at least 6 that I know of, which are now all in my safe keeping. This however reminded me of another game where the Burning Clan had several copies of a hammer as well. I'm assuming when Orthus is killed his axe isn't supposed to spawn several times?

I just encountered what appears to be a bug. It would seem that the Khazad in my game have multiple copies of Orthus' axe at least 6 that I know of, which are now all in my safe keeping. This however reminded me of another game where the Burning Clan had several copies of a hammer as well. I'm assuming when Orthus is killed his axe isn't supposed to spawn several times?

Make sure you have the latest patch mate. This was in patch f:
6. You can no longer duplicate equipment by picking it up with a group.

On a diffrent note. The CTD error i had seemed to be linked with destroying the svartalfar. Uhm, how can i get a savegame to you guys?

well to illustrate

2 conjurers, 1 summons a chaos maruader, instantly barbarian, 1 summons another who turns out to be loyal and kills the first. end turn

the loyal maruader goes barbarian, i summon a 3rd, instantly barbarian, i summon a fourth, he's loyal, to kill the third, which he does, then i attempt to disband him hoping to keep him from going barbarian, no joy, he becomes a barbarian. fortunately 2 pyre zombies nerby are able to kill the 2 remaining marauders since they were weakened by the combat with their insta-traitor brothers.

so my summoner trait is absolutely useless with this spell since half the units don't last a single turn, and none more than 1 turn, much less 3.

i agree risky is interesting, the chance to go barb is fine, but if this is the norm and not just a random number generator fluke(which i incur quite often, so if thats what it is fine), i'd say its a little out of hand. it essentially makes the spell useless except as a barbarian spawner for either harrassing the neighbors without ill diplo, or spawning barbs to gather xp for your own units. i mean really it becomes an almost purely exploitive spell, with the risk that high, you would never use it except in a purely exploitive manner, that doesn't seem right to me at all.

Wanted to reply by PM, seems you have them disabled?

The only summon that goes Barbarian is the Chaos Marauder. You will get the full 3 turns with all others.

There is a chance to go Barbarian before you ever get to use it, it is intended. It is not as common as your experience thus far indicates.

Disbanding a Marauder will ALWAYS turn then Barbarian.

Chaos Marauders can get weapon promotions, so capture a city near enemy territory but connected to your trade routes and summon all you can manage while hoping they DO go Barb. Wreaks great Havok on their cities.

keep a fireball mage handy if summoning near your own units. If it goes Barb, hit it with a fireball, then send in the conjurer for some easy combat exp (make certain it is weak enough. Sometimes the fireball does no damage due to bad luck).

Loki can flee across water. I had him trap on a peninsular (thinking I finally had the bastard) and attacked, but he simply jumped across to water tiles to a vacant bit of land.
Update: Even surrounded by warriors & axemen he still can't be killed - he jumps over them.

Also I think I saw the Infernal disband Meshabber. I had them reduced to one city, and pillaged all their improvements, but my army was to afraid to attack. Two turns later Meshabber disappeared.

What xienwolf said was correct, except of course that it only applied to summoned chaos marauders, not planar gate units. Any unit that has a chance to turn barbarian will do so on disbanding. The Burningblood and Enraged (which summoned chaos marauders start with) promotions have a chance of turning the unit barbarian. Enraged is also granted by the Wrath Armageddon event. I'm not sure if that can effect summons (I haven't played a summoner trait civ in shadow yet), so in that one rare circumstance there may be other summons that go barbarian (not that it really matters, but I just wanted to make sure the info here is totally correct)

Actually, I don't think the 2nd "[sic]" should be there: the enchanter is approaching one specific unit in your army, so "to enchant the weapons of our unit" (or "to enchant the weapons of one of our units") is correct.

The result I got was that the unit approached was given Enchantment 1, which is not much good without Channeling 1 (unless you are a dwarf). No Adept.

thealien:
Basium no longer requires Hyborem to spawn, this is a change in 0.30

Oh I see. Curious.

How does that even make any sense, thematically? :crazyeye: Isn't Basium like.. in Erebus with the express intent to hunt down Hyborem? That ambition would seem a little hard to fulfill when Hyborem isn't there.

Ahh well!

Ok I have found two areas with bugs in them

The first is when two of the same civilization (in this example calabim) are playing in the same game. If one of them cast the world spell both gain the benefit, so if they both cast the spell all their cities with increase by 4 population.

Also when calabim player A researched a religion tech, both player A and B got a zealot, the same thing happened later for a savant (it didn't happen thought when one player got the holy city, only happened if the holy city existed already)

Next bug come from fires, if you have fire proof workers you are able to build things in the fires, this means that when the fire turns into burnt forest the improvement is still their. Also you are able to cast Blaze on Floodplain tiles, first this creates a smoke on the tile, then when the fire comes it destroys the floodplain, then afterwards a burnt forest is growing.

Got an serious OOS error in Multiplayer (V 0.30 f) on the following events:

- Player builds his fifth Kuriotates-City

- Player converts to the Infernales

The second always was and always will be. Quite obvious. But a 1 time reload for game, and only when one coverts to Infernal, is reasonable IMO.

Hi

As the title says, if you have entropy mana (listed as -5% heal penalty to enemies in YOUR territory), it prevents healing your own units in enemy territory, and in fact slowly kills them, as if your units are getting the penalty.

Tested using HN units as Svartalfar. Hill Giant with March and Combat V not healing, but not noticeably losing more health. Assassin with Combat V slowly losing health. Nightwatch with Combat II losing health quite rapidly. No units have the red cross bottle icon when in enemy territory.

Enemy territory in question was Ljosalfar, who definately did not have entropy mana themselves.

LOL, grats for nailing this down ! I was wondering about it, even Regeneration wouldn't work !!

I just stack-attacked with some Bording Party units on a Hippus stack of mostly Cavalry but an Assassin doing the initial defense. The whole stack relocated 1 tile east due to some defensive withdrawal mechanics I'm not completely aware how it is supposed to work. Doesnt happen with single-unit attack though, only when I stack my units.

Also, the same "escape-withdraw" seems to consume all of the attackers movement points.

Also, Getting random crashes when I reload my game in game but when I restart it loads fine.

Lost Food Event for Evermore: I have two cities, Evermore (Warrior) and Hyall (Gorilla). Only open option is to pay the 10 gold. Instead of the Warrior option for Evermore, the (unselectable) second option says to let the Gorilla guard. Also Ratcatcher option not selectable, though I have the guild.

Top Bottom