FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

I skimmed the thread but didn't see anything in reference to this. I'm not sure if it is a bug or not but it seems like it is ...

Does Hell terrain spread through water? The reason I ask is this:

I am playing a MP LAN game with my wife. The Infernals spawned nearby, and we ganged up and killed Hyborem and his city, wiping out the Infernal civilization. Fine and dandy. The Hell terrain remained, but stopped spreading for many turns. My wife's cultural borders eventually spread over onto the former Infernal area, and the Hell terrain started spreading again. We created some adepts with Life I and used Sanctify to remove all the visible Hell terrain. However, new Hell terrain keeps appearing every turn or two, including on squares that hadn't been previously infected. Infernal had been near a coastline, and the newly Hell-terrained squares are all adjacent to water and appear to be spreading down the coast. So, although there is no graphic or other indication, it seems to me like the formula for Hell terrain growth is allowing water to spread it.

Is this intentional or a bug, or perhaps I'm missing something else? It seems odd that even with no visible Hell terrain squares, the hell terrain still spreads.

Hell spreads through water, but the terrain does not change (most tiles change to hell when the plot counter reaches 20. I'm not sure on all the details, but I know that hell spreads by having a tiles counter go up if it it touching a tile with a higher counter, and that all Infernal lands have the counter set at 100). At first the team didn't want hellish seas because it is impossible to create a second type of river to flow into them, but I think I convinced them that they should just remove rivers in hell and let hell have the black sea described in the wraith pedia entry. There are apparently also issues with water tiles being hardcoded though, so it seems like the best we can get is a feature, similar to ice but looking like black tar instead of white ice.

The team was working on this a few moths ago, and may still be, but they haven't actually added anything yet.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that Sanctify works in water too, so long as the plot counter for that tile was non-zero to begin with (which it would be if it it were even remotely close to becoming hell)

Here's a really game-breaking bug: Sanctuary, the Elohim's world spell, can be resisted. However, units that resist the spell become immobile within the Elohim's territory for 30 rounds... they cannot move, they cannot attack, but they CAN be attacked. Sitting ducks is the word.

edit: CIV4SpellInfos.xml says:

Code:
			<bResistable>
			</bResistable>

for Sanctuary, so something with the implementation of resistance is broken. It was cast on a whole bunch of units, some of whom were built in the city with the bone palace (50% magic resistance).

I've just seen Blinding Light used, then Sanctuary. This meant that a whole bunch of units couldn't move, and then all those who resisted the were moved outside the borders by the Sanctuary spell. Not sure if this is a bug, or just a really clever tactic.

My hidden nationality units (usually captured spiders or bears) can't heal sometimes (the icon for heal ('f' key) doesn't appear in the list of commands).

I have also noticed hidden nationality spider controlled by the AI not be able to heal before (stays in same square but health never recovers), would barbarians somewhere possessing entropy mana cause this behavior? Will try and do some tests later to see what causes this.

Hell spreads through water, but the terrain does not change (most tiles change to hell when the plot counter reaches 20. I'm not sure on all the details, but I know that hell spreads by having a tiles counter go up if it it touching a tile with a higher counter, and that all Infernal lands have the counter set at 100). At first the team didn't want hellish seas because it is impossible to create a second type of river to flow into them, but I think I convinced them that they should just remove rivers in hell and let hell have the black sea described in the wraith pedia entry. There are apparently also issues with water tiles being hardcoded though, so it seems like the best we can get is a feature, similar to ice but looking like black tar instead of white ice.

The team was working on this a few moths ago, and may still be, but they haven't actually added anything yet.

Is there any way to remove hell from water tiles? On land tiles, I can have my mages cast Sanctify (and to a lesser effect Spring). If water tiles are spreading hell terrain, it seems like it would be impossible to get rid of it.

I'm playing Grigori, patch f. I have an adventurer at 100/101 xp, and I can't upgrade him from Mage to Arch Mage. (argh!!)

(Also worth noting in case this has any impact - I have built the Catacomb Libralus, so I have Mage guilds in all the cities.)

Is this a known issue?

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but Doviello's Beastmen(warriors) can upgrade to Javelin Throwers(archers) or Axemen, but normal Warriors can only upgrade to Axemen - the Civilopedia actually says Warriors can upgrade to Javelin Throwers but since Doviello dosen't have Warriors and no one else has Javelin Throwers this make no sense.

The Immobility from Entangle (Nature III Divine) only lasts 1 turn, which means it wears off before it is your rival's turn to move anyway. It therefore has no real effect.

I have had several of my last games crash completely on me - I did the Python change so that I could see what errors come up, but all I get is the program being closed by Vistas, no explination. Has anyone else seen this? I have gone back to saved games and the errors happen at the same time, so its not random - hard to enjoy the game if just as I am getting something good, the game collapses and I can't get it back. We are talking 5 or 6 times now.

Around turn 1000 of my Marathon game I started noticing barb animals, Bears and Elephants, entering my borders. The Bears were attacking, the Elephants just wandering around. Later, I noticed many Bears within the borders of ai civs.

The AC is less than 40 and no one has built Nature's Revolt.

What allows the barb animals to enter a civ's borders?

I'm not sure if this a bug, or just odd.

I noticed in my game that a civ (I think Varn Gosam) had built the Mercurian Gate and Basium had entered the world around turn 700 of the Marathon setting.

The next turn I had a CTD. I average 1-2 of these each time I play, but I just reload to my last save.

In this case, my last save came before the Mercurian Gate was built, but when I resumed the loaded game it WASN'T built. Now it is some 300 turns later and no Basium.

I cannot believe the ai civ/Varn Gosam would decide not to build after building 50+ or more turns and then just give up.

Hyborem had not entered (no evil civs left)the scene, but that is no longer a consideration now the Gate can be built without him in the world.

What could have possibly happened?

Hi @ all,

my BTS and FFH2 are on the last patches available.

But after founding the undercouncil and take the resolution for the smuggler ring, I am not able to built the port in any of my citys.

The civiapedia doesn't meationed any prereg and with the world builder I can get it.

Could this be a bug or do I miss something ?

Cheers

Oh no! :eek: I had captured an orcish worker in my last game and automated him because I was too lazy to control him myself. The first thing he did was (without me noticing in time) chopping down Yggdrasil to build a fort! Lost the awesome food bonus this way. Would be nice if automated workers would leave unique improvements.

And btw, I've noticed the Worker AI is sometimes working in circles. Building a fort first, later building a farm on the same spot, after this building a fort again and so on.

Oh no! :eek: I had captured an orcish worker in my last game and automated him because I was too lazy to control him myself. The first thing he did was (without me noticing in time) chopping down Yggdrasil to build a fort! Lost the awesome food bonus this way. Would be nice if automated workers would leave unique improvements.

And btw, I've noticed the Worker AI is sometimes working in circles. Building a fort first, later building a farm on the same spot, after this building a fort again and so on.

Well.. That's what you get for employing orcs, obviously. :lol:

I'm playing Grigori, patch f. I have an adventurer at 100/101 xp, and I can't upgrade him from Mage to Arch Mage. (argh!!)

(Also worth noting in case this has any impact - I have built the Catacomb Libralus, so I have Mage guilds in all the cities.)

Is this a known issue?

Well, let me ask you the mandatory question then. Do you have Reagents? Can't have any Archmages without that resource.

I assume this isn't a bug, but why can't you build improvements on tundra? Only next to fresh water can you build things. It doesn't make any sense why a workshop or cottage requires fresh water to be built. Unless this is a special talent/bonus for Doviello, which could be a good idea, but if not I don't much like it.

Also, hell terrain doesn't spread to tundra/ice. This is a shame since Hyborem usually starts in tundra/ice because it is the only available land.

Finally, why can't hell terrain be terraformed? I want to change burning sands to fields of perdition, so I send an imp to cast spring but besides putting out the fire temporarily it doesn't change the terrain.

The relgious victory threashold on small maps (80%) is too high on small maps. I had Order in all cities on the map and purged all but the holy cities ( last AI was doing very badly) but because of the low overall population on small maps the holy cities alone accounted for 4% per religion except for one 2 pop holy city that accoutned for 2%. I would suggest 72% up to 76%.

Sorry if this has already been adressed, XML for Caste System and Guilds is inverted, but I dont have the patch applied yet so that could have been under the old version.

there seem to be some bug with Golden Hammers and Parts of Barnaxus

the Luchuirp had not even close that many cities, lets alone as many Heros :lol: they were overrun quite fast from the maniacs

these Hammers and Parts are both result of a massive massacre :lol:
(good I have Guild of the Nine :rolleyes: ) I also picked up some allready

BtS 3.13 with FoH 2.030f German Civ Client

Screenshot

Spoiler :

Savegame

http://deus-volt.hs-net.de/downloads/Kandros_Fir_0310.CivBeyondSwordSave

Edit: I found out how the "bug works", if you have X Golden Hammers and a Stack of Units marked, when you click "Pickup Golden Hammer", every Unit marked gets the Item, but it only takes 1 Item from ground. This way the KI multiplies the Golden Hammers on mass (Conquered a City with 9 Engineers)

Yes, the AI worker are still stupid in patch F

Still building forts on top of resources, so far I've seen rice, horses and another I can't recall ..

Sometimes they will loop, build fort build farm/camp/whatever/ then fort again .. and repeat ..and repeat ... and...:crazyeye:

Top Bottom