FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

I'm hoping for a little guidance: I continue to get a "GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary theme" when I attempt to start up. I had installed the following:

FallfromHeaven2023c
FallfromHeaven2023media
FfH2030f
ffH2030media

I reinstalled a second time, and this did not fix it. Then I completely uninstalled civ iv, warlords, and bts, and reinstalled with the default directory structure, and then reinstalled the above 4 files. I still get the same GFC error. The other mods in the mod folder work fine, just not FfH. Any suggestions?

You have to install the full version before installing the patch/media package. Also there's no need to get both 023 (for vanilla) and 030 (for BtS) unless you intend to play both.

edit: also, you didn't mention installing the latest BtS patch, you'll need that one too.

You have to install the full version before installing the patch/media package. Also there's no need to get both 023 (for vanilla) and 030 (for BtS) unless you intend to play both.

edit: also, you didn't mention installing the latest BtS patch, you'll need that one too.

I see what I did. I found FfH from an old thread, and it mentioned 023 for vanilla with patch f. I didn't realize my mistake until I found the update thread on here. I did update bts to 3.13.

Thanks!

Oh no! :eek: I had captured an orcish worker in my last game and automated him because I was too lazy to control him myself. The first thing he did was (without me noticing in time) chopping down Yggdrasil to build a fort! Lost the awesome food bonus this way. Would be nice if automated workers would leave unique improvements.

And btw, I've noticed the Worker AI is sometimes working in circles. Building a fort first, later building a farm on the same spot, after this building a fort again and so on.

do you have the option activated that says "Workers leave old improvements" ?

I have notcied a couple issues in my past couple games of multiplayer.

When casting the Sidar's world spell into the mist during multiplayer, the units are still visible while in cities to the other players. Is this intended?

when attacking with summoned undead units (skeletons, wraiths etc), they are becoming charmed and fear by Hyborem. is this intended?

Hawks are able to spread council esus. Is this intended?

I apologize if I happened to miss anything on this previously.

I used Corlindale to dominate Barbarian Lizardman Rangers in three successive turns (twice on the same Ranger). All were successful dominations and I immediately used my Adept to give them the Loyalty promotion.

Still, each turned barbarian the next turn with a note that they would die in 2 turns.

Is the domination spell broken? How can you keep the units you dominate without them turning barbarian or dying?

Thanks

Thanks to Rankel's advice I solved the same problem I just increased my virtual memory from 1536 to 2048, and it worked fine.

I've been having the same problem beginning around turn 1000 in the largest sized games, so I was happy to try increasing virtual memory. I increased it from 2048 to 4096 (I already have 4 gigs of RAM). I was able to play a few more turns each time before the endless end-of-turn spinning planet of death kicked in, but it still happens. I have to completely shut down the computer and reboot each time this occurs.

i noticed recently that units that are upgraded, say from an adept to a conjurer, can immediately use their free promotion. this seems incorrect to me, and means if you just leveled up, you can upgrade to get the free promotion which will then let you use a level you just earned(which you would otherwise only be able to use on the following turn)

but the real exploit, cast a spell with an adept, upgrade to a conjurer, and you will be able to cast again, since you can use the free promotion, this means you can cast a conjurer(level 2) spell.

granted its a pretty limited oppertunity exploit, really only adepts to conjurers/mages, and to a much rarer degree, conjurers to summoners, mages to archmages(with only 3 allowed, really rare, but the spells being more powerful), but if set up right, could be pretty nasty.

Timbojones said:
Re: hang at Waiting for Civilizations

I was seeing this regularly in patch b at a certain point. I switched to windowed mode and discovered that there was a Visual Studio JIT debugger dialog open. i.e. the AI was causing a CtD, but Visual Studio was preventing the 'tD' part.

I haven't tried what you did, but I thought I'd quote you just to bump this post and hope that someone on the design team sees what you discovered -- could be helpful in fixing the problem if it's still happening with patch f.

@Great Oleander and @jjk391

I don't think RAM or virtual memory is the problem, I've got 2GB of RAM and virtual memory of 2345 MB. I nevertheless increased the virtual memory but no effect. See the post I quoted, maybe he's onto something.

The lore message about Stephanos came 1 turn after he was spawned and has been killed.
Spoiler :

Is it a design decision that Priests do not have Channeling 1? It just feels weird that a Priest of Leaves cannot cast Sanctify, which certainly sounds like it's a 'divine' spell...

i noticed recently that units that are upgraded, say from an adept to a conjurer, can immediately use their free promotion. this seems incorrect to me, and means if you just leveled up, you can upgrade to get the free promotion which will then let you use a level you just earned(which you would otherwise only be able to use on the following turn)

but the real exploit, cast a spell with an adept, upgrade to a conjurer, and you will be able to cast again, since you can use the free promotion, this means you can cast a conjurer(level 2) spell.

granted its a pretty limited oppertunity exploit, really only adepts to conjurers/mages, and to a much rarer degree, conjurers to summoners, mages to archmages(with only 3 allowed, really rare, but the spells being more powerful), but if set up right, could be pretty nasty.

I think there was a bug that prevents this, I read in one bug report that if cast a spell, than upgrade the unit, you loose the free promotion...

i apologize if this ones been mentioned, i don't recall seeing it, and didn't find it in my search, but am too tired to trust my memory, or search thoroughly

a spectre with 3 attack +3 death with empower 2 attacked a golem defending a city. the odds were reported as 3 to 7.?, this threw me until i realized golems are immune to death damage. however after winning the battle, i got curious and took a closer look.

first it should have been 3.6 to 7.?, since while immune to death, i should still get the empower 2 bonus for .6, right

secondly, i checked the combat log, it reported the odds as 6 to 7.1, obviously it was including the death damage despite the immunity, and again, it wasn't including the empower 2.

and i'm certain its not just golems, cause about 5 specters killed stephanos the horseman, and he has death immunity as well. he should have put up alot more of a fight.

again, sorry if i'm repeating something.

game goes OOS on turn 165 in multiplayer game, with 2 human, and a bunch of AI, playing as the green elves on both.

second tiem happening at roughly same point.

attached 2 files, one was the turn before

Loaded the autosave, and it did not oos

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0164.CivBeyondSwordSave
    495.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 2 player patch F.CivBeyondSwordSave
    299 KB · Views: 50
I had this bizarre turn of events in my new game played as Cassiel:

I noticed Orthus strolling into the borders of Kandros Fir, my neighbor who I had an open borders agreement with. I quickly sent a 100xp Adventurer Warrior to try to get the axe. I made it there while Orthus was fooling around pillaging improvements. I arrived just after he killed two Khazad defenders and he was weak. Well, I killed him, but then the bizarre:

His axe was sent 6-7 tiles away outside his borders. It had the Grigori banner on it and was just sitting there. I was unable to make it to the axe before a $#@! barbarian Bear attacked and killed the axe!!!

My questions:

1. Why didn't I just get the axe when I killed Orthus?

2. Why didn't the axe remain in the tile where Orthus was killed and why was it sent outside Kandros Fir's borders?

3. Why did the Bear Kill the axe instead of capturing it...so I could then kill the Bear to gain the axe.

You always see something new whenever you play FFH2 .30!:)

Well, i have the last patch (f) and, when appear the four knights (i beleive the apocalipsys) in the turn 192 ( i beleive) the game cashes when i finish my turn

what could it pass?

Pardon for my english, but i'm mexican

i upload my 2 lasts autosaves

i'm khazad

Attachments

• AutoSave_0392 d. C..CivBeyondSwordSave
    437.9 KB · Views: 53
  • AutoSave_0388 d. C..CivBeyondSwordSave
    431.5 KB · Views: 71
Top Bottom