FfH2 0.31 Bug Thread

This is another instance of item duplicate, but this time using the spell add to flesh golem, look at the orthus's axe promotion in the flesh golem, and the orthus's axe on the floor.

Spoiler :

This is the second bugs that I've found.

Spoiler :

If u could noticed it, the build law node button is missing. It is originally a upgraded law mana and then suddenly reverted back to a raw mana.

Spoiler :

Then, in one of my next games, the same thing happened again, but this time, it is the life node button that missing and it is a originally upgraded life mana. I noticed that it happened right after I've completed the purge the unfaithful ritual.

So, I suspect that purge the unfaithful revert my upgraded mana into a raw mana (well, it does cause some improved tiles to be destroyed), but somehow, didn't restore my ability to rebuild the previously same mana. I had to build another mana, and then dispel it using metamagic II spell only then I can rebuild the same original node.

I forgotten whether I did built the ritual in the first game, but I think I did. And note that the amurites is not in both of the games and the cities did not flipped in any case.

Currently mana always reverts when it crosses borders (exception: if there is a unique feature there), but the node isn't destroyed. You cannot build an improvement where that improvement already exists. You could pillage the node and then rebuild though.

in .32, mana will no longer revert from crossing borders (you'll just have to use metamagic II, dispel magic, to revert the node manually); thus, this "bug" won;t occur.

031e obvious exploit: when a non-HN ship with HN unit onboard sails inside other civ's city with whom open border agreement exists, all city garrisson are evicted from city (then declare war and take city without a fight)
This issue also exists with the Troyan Horse (to a greater extent since it does not require open border agreement)

I have a serious issue with the blasting workshop; as soon as a build a golem with the ability to shoot fireballs (including Barnaxus) one of three things happens:

* The game hangs
* A bugged golem is produced
* The apocalypse counter jumps to 100 and a bugged golem is produced.

The exact numbers differ; I'm yet to produce a unit that doesn't have a negative score for either strength or movement so I've not been able to dominate the world with this bug. :) Reloading the game will cause problems again as soon as the unit is complete, and I started a new game which also had that issue.

I'm using FfH 1031e on Beyond the Sword (through Steam) and other than this problem I've not had any issues.

Also using 31e, produced tons of fireball spitting golems without issues... there must be some other factor (using non-steam BTS ?)

I'm using steam BTS.

I'll try an advanced start game and see if I can get to the problem really quickly to reproduce it.

I have a serious issue with the blasting workshop; as soon as a build a golem with the ability to shoot fireballs (including Barnaxus) one of three things happens:

* The game hangs
* A bugged golem is produced
* The apocalypse counter jumps to 100 and a bugged golem is produced.

The exact numbers differ; I'm yet to produce a unit that doesn't have a negative score for either strength or movement so I've not been able to dominate the world with this bug. :) Reloading the game will cause problems again as soon as the unit is complete, and I started a new game which also had that issue.

I'm using FfH 1031e on Beyond the Sword (through Steam) and other than this problem I've not had any issues.

Are you sure you are using the latest version? This problem was found and corrected a long time ago (patch a!). That is what happens when python tries to give a unit a promotion that doesn't exist. This case CvEventManager.py is applying both Fire 2 ans Sorcery to the golems, even though the sorcery promotion was removed when the sorcery and summoning lines were merged in .31.

(There usually isn't really a problem so long as you don't select the bugged unit)

Sometimes I get that number for turns to heal in large stacks, but it's generally because of some varied unit, I forget. But it causes no problems and it only appears when I select all the units in the large stack of maybe over 30 units.

When I select the units individually in the stack, it's fine.

Not sure if this is a bug, but weren't Griffons supposed to be added as wild animals? I haven't seen any spawn.

Also, this has been mentioned before, but Polar Bears should really not be set to spawn in Forests; it results in running into them far from their intended arctic habitat, and far too many Lost jokes. :p

Currently mana always reverts when it crosses borders

(exception: if there is a unique feature there), but the node isn't destroyed. You cannot

build an improvement where that improvement already exists. You could pillage the node and

then rebuild though.

in .32, mana will no longer revert from crossing borders (you'll just have to use metamagic

II, dispel magic, to revert the node manually); thus, this "bug" won;t occur.

Well, I understand what u mean by the revert to raw mana feature.

Somehow, in this case, it is a bit different.

Firstly, the upgraded mana did not cross any border. In both cases, I was holed up in a closed continent of my own. In the first game, the big continent u see in the minimap was actually separated by a small one/two water tiles in the middle, so it was actually two very close continent. On the bigger continent on the left was the balseraph while I was on the right continent.

For the second game, it was even better, as I has already conquered the continent on the right since 200~300 turns ago. In the middle is my allies, Basium. In both games, I actually aim for a peaceful victory, which in both cases were cultural victory (the first game is my first ever cultural victory:)).

So, none of the cities were under culture pressure and they are 100% mine. So, there ae no issue of "We yearn to rejoin our motherland" and the upgraded mana did not cross any border due to culture at all.

Secondly, since I was going for a peaceful victory, I did not have much war. So, both of them were not under attack, and being captured or vice versa.

Then, I also did not built the Beast of Agares at all. And I also did not encounter any event that causes uprising (the order vs AV infighting event comes to mind).

Besides, there was no civ that cast any world spell that could destroy my improvement, the upgraded mana. The Lanun in the first game did not cast their world spell.

So, I was kind of baffled about what causes my upgraded mana to revert to raw mana. The only reason that I think is that it was caused by purge the unfaithful. The ritual is such that if there is other non-state religion in our cities, there is a chance that our cities will suffer from anarchy and there is a chance that some of the particular city improvement will be pillaged, hence destroyed (I did not mean that the node get destroyed).

I also reloaded the savegame for the second save game, and rebuilt the ritual. Guess what? The very same upgraded node was pillaged. But this time it is a body mana. Below is the new printscreen for the game.

Spoiler :

It's funny how the city below with just a single state religion suffers from anarchy while the city on the right did not. Anyway, my culture on the right city (it was a legendary culture city) was strong enough to enveloped the whole area around the upgraded mana. So, it did not cross the border at all.

I considered this to be a minor variation of the revert to raw mana feature. It is similar, but different. And since the revert to raw mana feature has been fixed in 0.32, so, can I request that this be fixed as well, for consistency.

And sorry that I didn't explain it properly on the post before. My bad.

Maybe it crossed out of your borders when that one city went into revolt, but its reduced Culture allowed the culture from other nearby cities to expand further, enveloping it as soon as it left your borders?

I'm guessing that it is part of the same, soon-to-be-removed feature, and so it wouldn't need to be addressed separately.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but for some reason the game gives you heroes in advanced starts, I always get 2 barons.

Here is some more bugs that I can think of, namely

1. Resurrected heroes does not retain their religion.
Normally, this has no impact on the gameplay, but in case of ur hero is a recon unit and ur state religion is CoE, then this will cause a problem. No mask and steal for the hero.

2. Multiple blight issue
I was hit by blight on AC 40 (normal).
Then I was hit by another blight on AC 63, when Hyborem comes into the game.
Lastly, I was hit by another blight on AC 85, when Basium comes into the game.
Granted, ever since the last days option was fixed in patch d, I haven't had more than AC 40 in my recent games anymore. So, imagine my surprise when I was hit by multiple blight. I thought this was fixed already on patch c? I played the game as sheaim, and the last days option is on.

3. Casting steal using a hidden national unit in Trojan Horse cause my pc to hang. I had to reset my pc.

4. Gela
There is two bugs here. In the same game as the sheaim, Hyborem spawns in the middle of the continent, sandwiched by me and two of my vassal. So, I promptly declare war on Hyborem. I attacked with Rosier the fallen and my mages + mobius witches. I managed to hurt Hyborem down to about less than half his health. Then I cast Worldbreak, and killed Hyborem in one shot. The immortal feature does not trigger. Old bugs I presumed?

Then here the fun part. This one is a bit harder to describe, since I couldn't pinpoint the exact cause. I've killed Hyborem and then I continued the assault. In the same turn, I've killed all his unit down to just an imp, last defender. Then, I end my turn. The imp pick up Gela and i promptly sweep him off the face of Erebus the next turn and razed Dis. But Gela did not drop:confused:. I've checked everywhere, up and down, but I couldn't find Gela. I even check the unit statistic screen, but nope, no luck, it shows that I have 0 current unit for Gela, so it did not changed hand.

After I've won the game, I reloaded the part where I declared war on Hyborem. I've tried,
i. captured or razed Dis,
ii. captured or razed Dis using different units, (Spectres, Mages, Mobius Witch, and Rosier to be exact),
iii. captured or razed Dis when Gela is on the floor or in a unit promotion
iv. killing Hyborem with Worldbreak and without Worldbreak.

too see if anything were to influence the drop of Gela or not.

The only consistent thing that I found is,
i. if I attacked/killed Hyborem and captured/razed Dis in the very same turn, then Gela would drop.

ii. a) if Hyborem was killed and I end my turn, then another infernal unit (imp, Sect Of Flies, etc) pick up the Gela or;
ii. b) if Hyborem was severely injured, I leave him alive and I end my turn;
then Gela would not drop 9 out of 10 times regardless of how I attacked/killed Hyborem/other Gela owner and captured/razed Dis.

So, I would like to ask if anyone has encounter this issue or not? Is it a bug? This is the first time that I encountered this problem and I'm quite dumbstruck as I cannot pinpoint the exact cause. I don't know what causes this difference of before and after end turn issue.

The only other thing I noticed is in case of (i), there is no worker in Dis and in case of (ii), there is a worker in Dis. And I'm not sure if the worker would cause the Gela to disappear.

It is not a bug but i have a question i dont know where to post, so maybe its right here :).

Hyborem has the Expansive Trait. This is complete useless for him and the same as no trait. He does not have a benefit from the +2health, cause his citizens wont starve. He does not have a benefit from the "no upkeep from compassion", because fend for themselves will be as good as public healers. He even does not need double speed granaries or harbours (except for the 50% traderoute).

So my question is: why the hell is he expansive, the trait, that gives him least bonuses of all? He should be aggressive i think, that fits greatly (cmon they are INFERNALS).

Any comments?

2. Multiple blight issue
I was hit by blight on AC 40 (normal).
Then I was hit by another blight on AC 63, when Hyborem comes into the game.
Lastly, I was hit by another blight on AC 85, when Basium comes into the game.
Granted, ever since the last days option was fixed in patch d, I haven't had more than AC 40 in my recent games anymore. So, imagine my surprise when I was hit by multiple blight. I thought this was fixed already on patch c? I played the game as sheaim, and the last days option is on.

In my current game, i was hit 3 times by blight, too. i thought it was maybe because the AC hit 40, decreased, hit 40 again and so on. But Hyborem&Basium were summoned in that time, too. Anyway, i got about 120 illness in my capital, that was a little too much ;). I played Kuriotates btw.

You arent being hit by blight multiple times, you are being hit by blight once and then pestilence (pestilence is greatly reduced version of blight that only effects one empire, and is able to strike more than once).

we played 3 man mp game, blight hitted twice ( ac went to 42 then back to 38 and rised again)

You arent being hit by blight multiple times, you are being hit by blight once and then pestilence (pestilence is greatly reduced version of blight that only effects one empire, and is able to strike more than once).

Well, I have never encounter pestilence before, so I couldn't give any detailed comment on its effects.

But since pestilence is an event, shouldn't there be an event pop-up that informs me that I was hit by pestilence? In my case, it does not happens.

Besides, it comes together with death damages, which for me is remarkably too similar to blight. Does pestilence supposed to come with death damages as well? If it is, could it be removed so that we can better distinguish blight and pestilence.

Blight and Pestilence do an equal amount of death damage. Personally, I think that Pestilence should be half as strong in this regards as well.

Top Bottom