FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

You hit it right on the head of the nail Draconian. Thanks for explaining, can examine the terrain for future battles. :D

I got a crash twice while trying to switch from FoL to no state religion. Playing as Hippus, latest patch.

After the first crash I went to the nearest autosave and went to about when I crashed, checked it again and it crashed again. The save is on the turn when I tried to switch to no state religion.

Something is screwy with the switching religion thing if it's crashing.

Attachments

• Tasunke AD-0241.CivBeyondSwordSave
    119.5 KB · Views: 43
I have an odd situation where I cannot promote some units with well over the required experience.
I don't mean that I have used all the promotions possible, these units have around 50 experience. They are not withered.
The units in question are both Hippus Horse Archers with 3-4 promotions already, and around 10 experience over the required amount. They may have leveled up withdrawing, perhaps that was the problem.

The problem with the Barbarians not attacking Minister Koun could be a serious bug.

Barbarians are set to be at war with other Civilizations in the following Cases:
  1. All Civs at the start of the game (this is blocked for Barbarian Trait Leaders)
  2. When a Barbarian Trait Leader's score is too high

There is no routine set to make the Barbarians go to war mid-game other than the score factor, and that is only relevant for Barbarian Leaders.

This issue does not arise for Hyborem, because he is Barbarian Trait, so ought to start at Peace, and the normal routine will cause War based on his score.

This issue does not arise with Basium and 1 possible Koun, because they start Allied with the initial player, thus share his Diplomacy, to include the war with the Barbarians.

This issue DOES arise for the other incarnation of Koun who does not start allied with anybody, and is not a Barbarian Leader. Thus he starts with a clean slate for Diplomacy, and will never have war forced on him due to score issues.

I personally hate the score mechanism. I've removed that from the game entirely. In my version, I'm thinking the Barbarians will declare war whenever a civ agrees to a Peace Treaty with a civ not at peace with the barbs. Well, I'll probably make an exception for when the civ is vastly overpowered. Also, I'm thinking any vassalage agreement will mean war with the barbs.

(I'm also going to add an AV spell or ritual allowing you to make peace with the barbs, for a cost.)

How do you think these changes would effect Koun? I'm guessing it wouldn't fix it, but he wouldn't be likely to keep the peace with them as long either.

I have an odd situation where I cannot promote some units with well over the required experience.
I don't mean that I have used all the promotions possible, these units have around 50 experience. They are not withered.
The units in question are both Hippus Horse Archers with 3-4 promotions already, and around 10 experience over the required amount. They may have leveled up withdrawing, perhaps that was the problem.

i agree, i've witnessed (and posted) this about 20 times now. I believe the issue appears when you upgrade horsemen to horsearchers. Horsemen can get flanking 3, while horsearchers can only get 2. When you promote the horsemen to flanking 3, then upgrade them to horsearchers, they'll get a promotion deemed "impossible" for them, and thus their levelling freezes (this is just a hypothesis, mind you). Eighter removing flanking 3 for horsemen, or allowing it to the other mounted units would fix this.

Actually the issue isn't that they "aren't allowed" the promotion, it is that having the promotion sends them over 100% Flanking, and there is a block in place to prevent you from taking any promotion which offers you flanking in excess of 100%.

Problem is, if your unit is ever over 100% flanking, then EVERY PROMOTION PUTS YOU OVER 100% FLANKING.

Either that check needs to be placed in an IF statement to prevent it from being checked unless the promotion has Flanking > 0, or there needs to be a block inplace to prevent a unit's Flanking from being a value > 100, in spite of any promotion which attempts to make it so.

Sadly the percentage for Withdrawl allowed is not above 100% but above 85. A fix whould indeed be nice...

Loki has 100% withdrawal, though he's a special case and can't promote anyway. The problem is basically Horse Archer (35%) + Flanking I (20%) + II (20%) + III (10%) + Horselord/Homeland (10%) = 95%, but as mentioned the limit seems to be 85%, yes? Is the limit hardcoded, or is it something a simple XML change could fix?

edit:
Oh, and what happens if you toss Light into the mix (from Mutation)? That's another what, 20%? And also, consider if a Defender-trait Dominates a Horselord? That's a potential total of what 135%?

Yep and with mutation for light added you get 105% in the end. :) Tried to acheive just that deliberately (and sucessfully :)) once. With aforementioned effect...

This define
Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>MAX_WITHDRAWAL_PROBABILITY</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>90</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\GlobalDefines.xml seems to say that the maximum withdrawal is 90%, not 85%. You should easily be able to override this with a MAX_WITHDRAWAL_PROBABILITY of 100 in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 032\Assets\XML\GlobalDefinesAlt.xml

I think it would probably be fine to remove the block altogether. What effect would setting that define to -1 have?

I think it would probably be fine to remove the block altogether. What effect would setting that define to -1 have?

Are units with 100% withdrawal still killable (without tricks, at least)? If not, that's a major concern.
Would the AI know how to kill/deal with units with 100% withdrawal?

After the Bannor cast Rally, Demagogs that start from inside cities do not automatically get any metal upgrades. If you move out and back into the same city, the unit does get metal upgrades.

My guess is the function bringing this units into play does not do the metal check like it would for unit produced normally with hammers.

Looks like the same issue with units drafted using Military State.

The problem with the Barbarians not attacking Minister Koun could be a serious bug.

Barbarians are set to be at war with other Civilizations in the following Cases:
  1. All Civs at the start of the game (this is blocked for Barbarian Trait Leaders)
  2. When a Barbarian Trait Leader's score is too high

There is no routine set to make the Barbarians go to war mid-game other than the score factor, and that is only relevant for Barbarian Leaders.

This issue does not arise for Hyborem, because he is Barbarian Trait, so ought to start at Peace, and the normal routine will cause War based on his score.

This issue does not arise with Basium and 1 possible Koun, because they start Allied with the initial player, thus share his Diplomacy, to include the war with the Barbarians.

This issue DOES arise for the other incarnation of Koun who does not start allied with anybody, and is not a Barbarian Leader. Thus he starts with a clean slate for Diplomacy, and will never have war forced on him due to score issues.

I believe you are correct about this bug, xienwolf.

As I mentioned, in this game Koun as listed as being Illian, but is not allied with Auric Ulvin. Different scores and when I went to war with Auric Ulvin I was still at peace with Koun.

I am now 900 turns into the Epic game, and I can say Koun has had a number of cities without a single defender throughout. Barbs whizzing by ignored those cities.

This was going on before CoE was founded so it is not related to Nox Noctis and I have been seeing other Koun units everywhere. I was using a Giant Spider to pick them off most of the game and it accumulated over 300 XP.

Are units with 100% withdrawal still killable (without tricks, at least)? If not, that's a major concern.
Would the AI know how to kill/deal with units with 100% withdrawal?

I belive so. But essentialy only on the first blow/first strikes... or somesuch like that.

just a guess tho.

As most units with high withdraw are firststrike-immune cavalry anyway, they would still be unkillable.

One user from civforum.de has a bug/problem:

Whenever he wants to start a game (version 0.32l), the loading bar runs halfway through the loading process and then the game jumps back to the main screen.
His machine is not running on Vista and he has installed patch 3.17 for BtS. So the problems mentioned under "Known Issues" don't apply to this case.

I have no clue, if this is a bug or if he did something wrong during installation. Any tips/solutions? Do you need an error log of some kind? :dunno:

Top Bottom