FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

i thought you needed to have movement left to be able to withdraw? get them down to 0 movement, then kill them.

On a side note: there's an issue with the national wonder limit on OCC games. The normal limit has been changed to -1 (unlimited), however the OCC limit is still at the normal BTS limit (5). Adding the following line to GlobalDefinesAlt.xml should fix this:
<Define>
<DefineName>MAX_NATIONAL_WONDERS_PER_CITY_FOR_OCC</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>-1</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

I'm not sure if the Amurites and Govannon are working as intended (and if the following counts as bug):

If Govannon teaches a spell, say 'summon skeleton', to a unit, then the unit does not simply get the possibility to cast the spell, but receives the Death I promotion. This is great for adepts, as it really allows for very powerful fire and death mages, because that means one promotion less to spend.

The problem is that every unit with Channeling II/III also gets the possibility to choose Death II and later Death III promotions. It looks strange to see a Prior with Death III to turn into a Lich with Cure Diseases, Bless, Heal... and who does not leave you if you switch your religion.

So far, despite all my attempts (using two different computers, one with Vista and one with XP) I just crash when making a new game. I've tried "play now" and "custom game" but both crash on load. I don't have this problem with the mods that came with Civ IV and Civ IV: Beyond the Sword.

PS: The FfH patch "I" did not fix this issue.

PSS: It would help if I knew the patch created a whole new mod folder, but even changing config to go to the new folder didn't help, in fact, it made it worse. The game won't even start when directed to that folder. Before it crashed after selecting the type of game you want to start.

PSSS: Okay, to my complete disgust and frustration I looked inside this new patch folder and found it quite incomplete. So very carefully I took all the files from the patch and moved them into the original folders only replacing those files with the same name. The mod still doesn't load. I've spent about six hours total trying to get this thing to work and now I want to go bang my head into a wall.

As a side thought: How come people who don't even understand a darn thing about computers never have errors???

The patch that was provided for FfH? I don't know where any other patch may be found or how these patches are *intended* to be installed correctly... The patch I found was here in this very post: "Patch I" I didn't see a link to download any other patch.

PS: What is BtS? Does that stand for Beyond the Sword? Hm. Perhaps I do need to update that patch...

Patch l is the right one and the only one you need beside the full FFH 0.32 mod. What's the name of your FFH mod folder? It should be called "Fall from Heaven 2 032", that's the folder into which the patch will install.

And you have the BtS 3.17 patch installed?

I did have the Beyond the Sword patch on my laptop, but I forgot that detail when I installed everything on my desktop computer this morning, so I'm downloading that patch now.

As for the Fall from Heaven Patch "I"... I'm a little confused. Is that patch actually supposed to work in it's own mod folder all by itself? Is information directed from that folder to the other folder somehow? I thought that the two folders might be causing the error and manually combined them into one folder and used had the patch files replace any same-name files from the original Fall from Heaven... Are you not supposed to need to do so? And if not, does it hurt?

If it does hurt (to manually combine the patch folder and original folder) I guess I need to re-download both again to see if the Beyond the Sword patch fixes it or not...

PS: I have now installed the Beyond the Sword patch and am still getting the error on load. I will now try to re-download everything... and feel like a dupe.

As for the Fall from Heaven Patch "I"... I'm a little confused. Is that patch actually supposed to work in it's own mod folder all by itself? Is information directed from that folder to the other folder somehow? I thought that the two folders might be causing the error and manually combined them into one folder and used had the patch files replace any same-name files from the original Fall from Heaven... Are you not supposed to need to do so? And if not, does it hurt?
I can never figure out how to install the patch into the right folder, so I pretty much do what you're saying (unzip the patch and manually drag it into the FfH 0.32 folder to replace the older files), and so far it's worked fine for me... though, no, you're not supposed to NEED to do it that way.

That 'automatically detects where your folder is located' program that Kael is currently asking folks to try out will definitely be much appreciated by idiots like me who can't figure it out on my own! :)

I just reinstalled both the mod and the mod-patch and this time it installed into the right folder. I've got my fingers crossed.

PS: I'm now going to go cry and possibly shoot myself. Please someone hurry and make a fantasy version of Civ IV work on my computer before I go die...

After waiting years for a fantasy version and finally finding one, why, why, WHY won't it work for me?

--> This time the game loaded all the way to the part where it creates the world, and then crashed there... I got to see the pretty backdrop, hear the pretty music, glimpse all the nifty settings, and then, crash! Again... I now have all up-to-date patches, all the right folders, and I can't think of a single other thing to do...

Well, u advanced a good part!^^
If normal BTS with newest 3.17 patch applied starts a game, check a couple of pages back, while u try to relax urself with a tea, brandy or something.
Some ppl had similar problems, forgot stuff or just had to completily reinstall ALL, due to certain conditions.
First of all, b sure to follow all of Kaels installadvices on the first post of this thread (but I guess, u already have!).

For example, the autoupdater of Civ IV is unreliable, get that 3.17 patch from a gamersite via google search. Someone even posted a pic here of how the screen "about this build" should look like, when u correctly have the patch installed.

For a pretty detailed walkthrough and links to all of the files you want (including a known good copy of 3.17 patch for BtS), look at the Proper Installation link in my signature (a thread which will be gloriously obsolete with 0.33)

In some cases, the game also crashes due to a movie problem (e.g. it will say there's a problem with a .bik file somewhere) - if that's the case, disable movies under advanced -> options.

For a pretty detailed walkthrough and links to all of the files you want (including a known good copy of 3.17 patch for BtS), look at the Proper Installation link in my signature (a thread which will be gloriously obsolete with 0.33)

The first time through I did not have it properly installed, but since then, much to my dismay, I figured out how to get it all in there correctly and instead of crashing on loading the entire game, it crashes half way through loading a new map to begin a new game.

I will try disabling movies and see if that helps.

It seems like you can get, traits you shouldn't be able to by upgrading. For example, in my current game, I found you can get non-living units, like Eidolon, with the vampire promotion if you upgrade to it from a unit with the vampire trait. This is probably not intended to be possible, since vampire can only be applied to units with living.

While I'm here, I do have to say great job!

To fix the problem with Dominated/Gifted Adepts/Mages/Archmages gaining their promotions again, would this work?

In CvUnit::convert
Code:
    if (m_pUnitInfo->getFreePromotionPick() > 0 && getGameTurnCreated() == GC.getGameINLINE().getGameTurn())
	{
	    changeFreePromotionPick(m_pUnitInfo->getFreePromotionPick());
        setPromotionReady(true);
    }

Drop this section of the code completely.

Instead, use:
Code:
	    iTemp = getFreePromotionPick();
	    changeFreePromotionPick(pUnit->getFreePromotionPick() - iTemp);

This ought to negate any natural Promotion Picks granted via UnitInfos, but transfer any number of waiting Free Promotion Picks from the unit being converted to the new Unit.

Top Bottom