FfH2 0.32 Bug Thread

You'll likely have to provide some more specifics if someone is to figure out what went wrong - here are a few questions that might help localize the problem, if answered.

Let's see - you did install both the FFH2 0.32 mod itself, and then the 0.32L patch, in the same location (at "{Your Beyond the Sword Install Directory}\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 032"), right?

If so...
Where did the game crash?
Did it happen just as you clicked the launch game button, or did it go through the loading screen first?
(How about the FFH intro movie, did you get to see that before the crash?)
Did it just crash to desktop saying nothing, or did you get some sort of error message? (If so, what?)

Have you been able to run previous versions of the mod, or is this your first attempt?

What operating system are you using? (Windows XP, Vista, something else?)

If you look in the civilopedia from the main menu, can you see the models for units and such properly?

i have win xp.i loaded the mod and i have the ffoh2 screen, i can even see the civopedia. it crashes right after i start the game . when the loading happens it crashes right before init graphics. please help.yes i have run mods .i had an error message.

You'll likely have to provide some more specifics if someone is to figure out what went wrong - here are a few questions that might help localize the problem, if answered.

Let's see - you did install both the FFH2 0.32 mod itself, and then the 0.32L patch, in the same location (at "{Your Beyond the Sword Install Directory}\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 032"), right?

If so...
Where did the game crash?
Did it happen just as you clicked the launch game button, or did it go through the loading screen first?
(How about the FFH intro movie, did you get to see that before the crash?)
Did it just crash to desktop saying nothing, or did you get some sort of error message? (If so, what?)

Have you been able to run previous versions of the mod, or is this your first attempt?

What operating system are you using? (Windows XP, Vista, something else?)

If you look in the civilopedia from the main menu, can you see the models for units and such properly?

I have a similar problem to odysseus

The mod is installed correctly

It happened after the game loading passed init engine

I didn't see the movie

I got the Civ4Bts has encountered a problem and needs to close (message;AppName: civ4beyondsword.exe AppVer: 3.1.3.1 ModName: cvgamecoredll.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 001794c0)

It is my first attempt

I am using Windows XP

I only see the terrain not the actual units in Civilopedia

I have got that patch installed

It still crashes

If you don't see units in the pedia you probably haven't installed the mod, only a patch.

Its also possible that your computer is crashign trying to play the movie, in which case you need to disable movies.

Why are summoned units have maintainance ... ?
as Sheaim: 4 (profane - Balor) + 4 (eaters - Elementals) + 4 (lich - Elementals) = 12 *3 (turns - each summoned unit dies after 3 turns) = 36 + inflation (total military units maintain cost increase) - quite economy-killer while you are in war...

Its also possible that your computer is crashign trying to play the movie, in which case you need to disable movies.

Speaking about movie crashes: I bought a dual core processor some months ago and civs movies started crashing for me too. I didn't change anything else. For some reason setting "SyncInput" in the "Civilizationiv.ini" to "1" solved the issue.

Code:
; Sync input to smooth interface (may run slower)
SyncInput = 1

I'm not exactly sure, what this option is doing, but as long as it helps ...

0.32, patch i.
Playing: Hippus

Was fighting against Decius/Calabim, he had built the Order hero (can't remeber the name at the moment, will come back and edit post when I get home) which was stationed in a city. I had a stack of Horseman with maxed out Withdrawal that I was planning to use to whittle him down and kill him.

The first attack was a successfull withdraw, the second one I actually got extraordinarily lucky and defeated him with 1.7% odds. This awarded my horseman unit a ton of exp, the display currently had it as 89/27 or so exp (don't remember exactly what the level-up exp limit was, but it was 20ish).

However, as the next turn rolled around, I never got a chance to upgrade my horseman. I even got him up to 120 exp or so, but was never able to give him another promotion. It almost seemed as if I got so much exp in that one battle that it didn't trigger the proper function.

Sadly, I lost the save, but when I get back home I'll try reproducing the problem in the world editor to see if it was a one-time fluke.

I have got that patch installed

It still crashes

try a quick game not a custom one with a tiny map, and without a custom script or anything special. Perhaps you are trying to create too big maps. I know I crash like 10% of the time with the (awesome) Smartmap script.

Otherwise do as me: uninstall everything (including BTS and CIV4) and restart fresh. It made wonders for me...

If you don't see units in the pedia you probably haven't installed the mod, only a patch.

Its also possible that your computer is crashing trying to play the movie, in which case you need to disable movies.

I disabled movies and the same error happened
I installed ffH and patch l at the same time in the mods area

I startrd installing ffh 2 032 before patch l, and i set the patch to install into the ffH 2 032 folder while ffh 2 032 was finishing install
howeveer, patch l did finish before the main mod

thanks for your help so far kael

I disabled movies and the same error happened
I installed ffH and patch l at the same time in the mods area

I startrd installing ffh 2 032 before patch l, and i set the patch to install into the ffH 2 032 folder while ffh 2 032 was finishing install
howeveer, patch l did finish before the main mod

thanks for your help so far kael

Patch l has to be installed into the same folder as FFH 2 032 (the \Mods\ folder, not the FFH 2 032 folder). Perhaps that's what's causing your problem?

You might have to delete the FFH 2 032 folder and then install both FFH 2 032 and patch l into the Mods folder to be safe, but you could try installing the patch into the correct location first and see whether that's enough to fix your problem.

EDIT: And of course, installing two things simultaneously into the same folder will corrupt everything, so you definitely (and that's in any usual case of installing software) should install them in the correct order.

Interesting exploit involving Arcane units, node construction, and haste: It's possible to get double the work rate out of arcane units by building, hasting, then building again. Pretty much useless, but still interesting to note.

In the daughter kidnapped event, first option 'we don't negotiate with the bandits' has only positive effect (-2 crime rate) while all other options are equally balanced/bad since this is a negative crime event after all. So I think that first option should cause massive unhappiness for few turns.

PLEASE HELP!

i just DLed the FfH 20.32 patch and it wont work
i get this Load Error

GFC Error: Failed to initialize the promary controll theme

and this happens during the load screen right after it tried to load the (init Engine) file
one thing i am thinking it might be is that i do not have patch 3.17 BUT it was working fine w/o the 3.17 patch for regular 3.20 FfH its just i get this that weird error after i try to use the patch

i would have Installed 3.17 but i get another weird error with that that says i do not have Civ 4 beyond the sword installed, when obviously i do

any help would be greatly apperciated
thank you all very much for your time
-AA

From the First page:
1. "GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme" error loading the mod. You will recieve this error if FfH isn't installed in the correct location (under Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods). If you don't have Civ4 installed to that location just make sure the FfH is installed in the same directory as Final Frontier, Age of Ice and the other mods that came with BtS. Also make sure you have installed the full mod and not just the patch.

I have downloaded the file 3 times and when I try to play the game , I load the FFH2 game but only the standard game loads. I have tried all the mirrors and still get the same result. I think they have the wrong game file at the mirror sites.

I have downloaded the file 3 times and when I try to play the game , I load the FFH2 game but only the standard game loads. I have tried all the mirrors and still get the same result. I think they have the wrong game file at the mirror sites.

Are you:

1. Loading the game from the FFH specific shortcut, or the regular Civ4 shortcut?
2. When you load into standard Civ, lick on Mods and load it from there.

I wanted to report an issue that I've notice in patch "l" though it may have existed previously:

While playing multiplayer, when the "no settlers" option is selected no barbarians spawn in the world. Orthus does spawn, but the dragon doesn't seem to spawn, and in general barbarian warriors, goblins, and lizardmen that normally appear in a game don't seem to appear.

I am pretty sure this isn't related to any other game options we've selected since we have played games normally with the other options alone.

Top Bottom