FfH2 0.33 Bug Thread

On mages: I've never upgraded mages in the field, I don't think its that big a deal. I don't mind having to upgrade them in a city, but its a pain to have to move them all to whichever city has my mage guild.
With most units thats not such a problem; when mass producing melee or recon units, there are hunting lodges and training grounds all over the place. But I tend to only ever build 1-2 mage guilds and make all my adepts there, and the guild is *really* expensive, so its much more annoying to have to find which cities have the guild in them for upgrading purposes.
Also, with normal units you can build them, whereas with the mage units you can *only* upgrade to them, so making the upgrade more difficult is even more irritating.

Unrelated Bug:
Python traceback:

File "CvSpellInterface", line 16 in cast
File "string" line 0 in ?
File "CvSpellInterface", line 426 in SpellConvertCityBasium.

Basium just showed up a few turns earlier I think. Save attached.

Attachments

• Keelyn.CivBeyondSwordSave
    360.9 KB · Views: 64
In the Svaltfar event where you find a hunter outside the city, you can select the option that adds a beaker to your Den of Shadows even if you do not have a Den of Shadows.

I'm not sure if this is intended, but you can no longer transfer Orthus' Axe (or probably other equipment) directly from one unit to another. The "Take Orthus' Axe" spell still appears and can be cast, but the equipment promotion doesn't change hands.

Edit: I see this is redundant, never mind.

That python error is a bit wierd. Admittedly, I am not the best at C++ to Python interfacing yet, but the format seems to be off.

Code:
		.def("calculateTeamCulturePercent", &CyCity::calculateTeamCulturePercent, "int /*TeamTypes*/ ()")
		.def("setCulture", &CyCity::setCulture, "void (int PlayerTypes eIndex`, bool bPlots)")
		.def("setCultureTimes100", &CyCity::setCultureTimes100, "void (int PlayerTypes eIndex, int iNewValue, bool bPlots)")
		.def("changeCulture", &CyCity::changeCulture, "void (int PlayerTypes eIndex, int iChange, bool bPlots)")
		.def("changeCultureTimes100", &CyCity::changeCultureTimes100, "void (int PlayerTypes eIndex, int iChange, bool bPlots)")

Seems like it ought to have /*PlayerTypes*/ in each case where it only has PlayerTypes. But that is Firaxis base code, so I cannot imagine it is so wrong in so many places.

In the attached save, The Huntress at the western edge of my empire is standing on a hill, yet does not have line of sight for the adjacent squares. If you move the huntress into the blank square to her west, she disappears forever.
View attachment 185958

Two things I have found...

1) Playing as the Sheaim, I had an archer fortified on a hill at a choke point between two mountains. There was no way past for barbarians. About 90% of them would walk up to an adjacent tile and then on the next move enter my tile without combat and then move on afterward. I would have to back out of the tile and then initiate combat. The other 10% chose to attack my position.

2) Again as the Sheaim, I was researching bronze working so I could cut down forests per the description. I had two workers. One I tried moving to a forested hill to build a mine, not realizing at that point I needed the bronze working to do so, and I could not build a mine or remove the forest. Next turn I automated the second worker and he went right to the hill and started building the mine even though I had 12 turns left for bronze working. I moved my unautomated worker to the same tile and he was able to assist in the mine building.

My Shadow definitely destroyed Orthus' Axe when it attacked it and an enemy Trebuchet was still in the stack. Marksmen really shouldn't target equipment.

In the attached save, The Huntress at the western edge of my empire is standing on a hill, yet does not have line of sight for the adjacent squares. If you move the huntress into the blank square to her west, she disappears forever.
View attachment 185958

She doesn't disappear (deleted) for me, but the tiles remain non-revealed. That one due west of her and the 2 south of that. If all your other units finish their moves she will auto-select and you can give her orders.

None of your units are revealing those tiles at all, but if I use cheatmode or Worldbuilder I can see them. I don't notice anything remarkable about the tiles though. Removing the forests had no effect, neither did using Worldbuilder to reveal or unreveal the tiles.

@Ursa: Did your Archer that the Barbarians were ignoring have Invisibility? Maybe only the goblins were able to see you and thus attack? A bit odd for an Invisible Archer though, but maybe you had Nox Noctis?

My Shadow definitely destroyed Orthus' Axe when it attacked it and an enemy Trebuchet was still in the stack. Marksmen really shouldn't target equipment.

Yeah, this happens all the time. Really annoying. I think Marksmen also shouldn't target ships in port for a free kill. Too easy to exploit against the AI.

On mages: I've never upgraded mages in the field, I don't think its that big a deal. I don't mind having to upgrade them in a city, but its a pain to have to move them all to whichever city has my mage guild.
With most units thats not such a problem; when mass producing melee or recon units, there are hunting lodges and training grounds all over the place. But I tend to only ever build 1-2 mage guilds and make all my adepts there, and the guild is *really* expensive, so its much more annoying to have to find which cities have the guild in them for upgrading purposes.
Also, with normal units you can build them, whereas with the mage units you can *only* upgrade to them, so making the upgrade more difficult is even more irritating.

Unrelated Bug:
Python traceback:

File "CvSpellInterface", line 16 in cast
File "string" line 0 in ?
File "CvSpellInterface", line 426 in SpellConvertCityBasium.

Basium just showed up a few turns earlier I think. Save attached.

I played a few turns and never got the error.

I notice the installer has the name Fallfromheaven3033. Did I miss something big?

If you cast Entertain in your own city you get happiness for +2 turns. If you re-cast it in the next turn, you add +2 turns, making it +3 (+1 +2). If you keep doing this, you can end up having as many turns with one extra happiness as you want -- but of course doing so keeps Loki bottled up in your own city, so I guess that is a drawback.

I tried to re-create the Basium Python exception and managed to get it to happen once, by forcing the AI to do the Convert City spell. However I have not been able to replicate it since, even with the AI doing the spell once more.

Bit of a bug/Cosmetic which I noticed though: The Minimap returns to "normal size" when you load a savegame. Doesn't look so great when it does that :(

@Elm: That is intended, if you desire to use Loki for your own cities' benefit you may do so.

In the Svaltfar event where you find a hunter outside the city, you can select the option that adds a beaker to your Den of Shadows even if you do not have a Den of Shadows.

This isn't limited to the Svartalfar. In my Sheaim game I got the same event and chose to add a beaker to my hunting lodge, just before I realized I didn't have one.

Can not see Fire elementals at all. Before the demon looking ones all I saw was a small flame. Now nada...

Are you sure you don't have the Effects Disabled option on? Fire Elementals and Tar Demons are purely effects, while the unit graphics themselves are great prophets shrunk down to about 1 pixel.

Sometimes the computer itself turns this option on, when it is too hard on the hardware.

I wasn't able to transfer Orthus' axe between units. The "Take Axe" button was visible but didn't work.

I managed to duplicate the dear Baron by a 6 satyr stack casting mesmerise animal to capture him from the Lanun. It looked like he resisted the first 4.

Possible bug - needs verification. Somnium attitude bonus from winning seemed to be applied as an increase in the open borders bonus at times. Or not applied at all.

Playing as the Elohim, in a captured Clan city the Warrens unit would be human while the normal unit would be Orc.

Also, I lost when Sandalphon teched to Champions and Berserkers before me. I'm pretty sure thats not supposed to happen!

Are you sure you don't have the Effects Disabled option on? Fire Elementals and Tar Demons are purely effects, while the unit graphics themselves are great prophets shrunk down to about 1 pixel.

Sometimes the computer itself turns this option on, when it is too hard on the hardware.

Thanks, that was the problem. Sorry about that report, I spent 1/12th of years salary for this computer (and the threat of a divorce :) ) and its about as high end as you get so it better be able to handle this ;)

Patch "a" is linked in the first post. It fixes the following issues and won't break save games:

1. Fixed the Somnium attitude adjustment and game frequency (fixed by Sto, broken by Kael).
2. Pagan Temples and the Desert Shrine are both +100% production with the Spiritual trait.
3. Removed the redundant option to make a golden hammer into an engineer (though you can still do it through the item ability).
4. You can now correctly take equipment from other units.
5. Crusade 50% unit cost reduction changed from iFreeMilitaryUnitsPopulationPercent to iFreeUnitsPopulationPercent.
6. You cant mirror mirrors with mirror anymore :)
7. Fixed the MoM and Sphener main menu graphics.
8. Fixed the Malakim Berserker graphics.
9. Units don't need to be in a city radius with a magic guild to upgrade to mages and archmages anymore.
10. Fixed the Wilderness Man event so that the Hunting Lodge +1 option cant be selected if you don't have a hunting lodge or den of shadows.

I wasn't able to transfer Orthus' axe between units. The "Take Axe" button was visible but didn't work.

I managed to duplicate the dear Baron by a 6 satyr stack casting mesmerise animal to capture him from the Lanun. It looked like he resisted the first 4.

Possible bug - needs verification. Somnium attitude bonus from winning seemed to be applied as an increase in the open borders bonus at times. Or not applied at all.

Playing as the Elohim, in a captured Clan city the Warrens unit would be human while the normal unit would be Orc.

Also, I lost when Sandalphon teched to Champions and Berserkers before me. I'm pretty sure thats not supposed to happen!

It is known that the function that lets a unit take an equipment promotion from another unit is not working.

The Baron is vulnerable to the spell, because he is UNITCOMBAT_ANIMAL. He does start with Magic Resistance, so resisting 4 out of 6 times is reasonable. It shouldn't create multiple version though. I personally think he should be changed to UNITCOMBAT_BEAST, which would make him immune to this and would let only Beastmasters capture him.

Somnium isn't effecting attitudes at all currently. This will be fixed in the patch a, but you can alsready find the one file you'll need to replace in the first post of the Somnium discussion thread. Once that is replaced, it works just fine.

The warrens thing sounds like a bug.

Not really sure what the problem is with an AI out-teching you.

Top Bottom