FfH2 0.33 Bug Thread

Python Error with the Wonder Spell.

Code:
		if iRnd == 62:
			iUnit = gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_SPIDERKIN')
			CyInterface().addMessage(caster.getOwner(),True,25,CyTranslator().getText("TXT_KEY_MESSAGE_WONDER_SPIDERKIN", ()),'',1,'Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Spiderkin.dds',ColorTypes(8),pPlot.getX(),pPlot.getY(),True,True)
		if iUnit != -1:
			newUnit = pPlayer.initUnit(iUnit, pPlot.getX(), pPlot.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)
			if [B]pPlayer.isHasTrait(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TRAIT_SUMMONER')):[/B]
				newUnit.setDuration(3)
			else:
				newUnit.setDuration(1)
CyPlayer object doesn't have a isHasTrait function, I think it's supposed to be just hasTrait

When we are talking about Wonder I suspect it from being able to cause CtD with its Escape effect. I made a barbarian archmage with Chaos III once a stalked him with invisible unit. After cca 35 turn I've had CtD. I can't however confirm that it was exactly wonder what caused it.

Resource availability without required technology:
I settled on top of a cotton resource but have not yet researched calendar (or argiculture for that matter) and the cotton resource is available to my cities (including the +1 happy)

This is normal. It isn't that you do not have the technology required to connect it, it is that you do not have the technology required to build the improvement needed for it. However, a city can connect ANY resource.

Thus, if you settled on Copper, you would still not gain Copper resources until you have Bronze Working (required to connect the resource), and if you settle on Horses before you get Animal Husbandry (required to see it) you would also not gain the resource. But the moment you are able to see the resource and allowed to connect it (no requirement for most resources in the game. Notably exceptions being Incense, a handful of Mana and the Metals) you can gain it by settling a city on it.

Haven't this been fixed (the mushrooms event I mean) or perhaps this is how it should be. Btw is there any requirements for the Trust spell, I my latest game I wasn't allowed to cast it. I know that you can only cast the spell once, but I couldn't even do that?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    349.4 KB · Views: 177
Haven't this been fixed (the mushrooms event I mean) or perhaps this is how it should be. Btw is there any requirements for the Trust spell, I my latest game I wasn't allowed to cast it. I know that you can only cast the spell once, but I couldn't even do that?

I know this is a smidge off topic, but why on earth did you even build a city there?

tried posting this in troubleshooting but there is very little traffic there....
Just reinstalled my OS (XP Pro) after a harddrive died. The laptop is all updated and patched.
Decided to install Civ again and FFH2.
So I Downloaded 1.61 Patch (have to - to install 1.74 Civ and 3.17 BTS)
then 1.74 Civ
3.17 BTS
Blue Marble
FFH2033
FFH2033 media
E patch
Have downloaded but NOT installed solver patch and unofficial patch 019

Can play BTS just fine, but no matter how I try to run FFH2 it gets stuck in the "Master of Magic II" Loading screen. It goes through the init of files apparently fine.
I can hit various buttons and it will sometimes unload the mod then load another (e.g. Afterworld). If acts like there might be a screen that I can't see but can move around in maybe.
Doesn't matter if I load BTS first or try to go straight into FFH2.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I have searched but don't much similar to my problem.

If one of the 3 stooges, with declared nationality, kill Orthus, his axe will not spawn.

I think archers not obsoleting is due to their ability to upgrade to Crossbowmen. Therefore, archers don't become obsolete until you can build both Longbowmen and Crossbowmen.

As for weapons promotions, I believe that's for balance reasons. Archers are only T2 units, at the same level as Axemen and Hunters, for example. They're already 3/5 units with a decent bonus to city defense, allowing them weapons promotions (even just bronze) would make them extremely powerful for their cost. Consider that they're an equivalent ~6.25 already with no promotions, and ~7.5 with just CGI. That's far, far stronger than anything else available at its tier.

Here's my best attempt at a lore/flavor explanation for it though: Archers' bows lack the force to penetrate much more than cloth and flesh, and better arrowheads would have no effect on their effectiveness. Longbows have enough force that a stronger/harder arrowhead (bronze or iron) improves their ability to penetrate armor, therefore they have a use for it. Marksmen require Mithril to upgrade to, so they already have Mithril weapons, making weapons promotions redundant. Basically, archers' bows are only really effective against cloth and flesh, so arrowhead material doesn't really matter. Longbowmen can penetrate armor, and better arrowhead material improves penetration.

As for Horse Archers... hmm. Haven't had a good look at their bows, though I suspect they use composite recurve shortbows. In which case, they would likely have the power to penetrate armor with the right arrowhead. Still, balance reasons. Although, having a mounted lancer upgrade to an archer back to a lancer is rather odd. Not to mention what happens with UUs.

Thanks for your comments, P - interesting. I won't turn this bugs thread into a discussion on the weapons promotions' rationality. ;)

One thing, though. I have researched Bowyers AND Machinery. I have had the option of building Longbowmen, Crossbowmen AND Archers. The Archers are never obsoleted. I'm playing as Perpentach, but I don't think that matters.

I agree with you that to be consistent once a unit can be upgraded to another unit the older unit should be obsoleted - or not. It shouldn't be one way for some units and not others.

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments.

I think there may be a bug associated with when a HN unit is poisoned.

My HN Griffon defended and killed a Giant Spider. It was damaged and poisoned.
Now, HN units always take a long time to heal, but care to guess how many turns in this case?

How about 36 turns??!!

I've never seen anything like this (OK, previous version diseased units) and, yes, I had to park the Griffon on a water tile and let it heal for 36 turns.

Still, I love subduing and using those Griffons in the early game!

Hmm. HN units normally heal at what, 5% per turn, for possible 20 turn heals? Poisoned is a -3% to heal rate in enemy territory, so that would make poisoned HN units heal at 2% per turn for up to a 50 turn heal. Sounds correct as well as incredibly annoying :lol:

As for Archers... hmm. Maybe Marksmen are what's keeping them from obsoleting? There's no direct upgrade from Archers to Marksmen, but Longbowmen do upgrade to Marksmen so I suppose that could be considered in whether or not to obsolete Archers. Try giving yourself 4 Marksmen in WB and seeing if you can still build Archers?

Aximander, try changing your default background to one of the others (BTS Classical or something, I dunno) and seeing if you still run into the same problem. I doubt it's something caused by the menu background, but if it is changing it might fix it.

According to the XML Archers are not bNeverObsolete. And they only directly upgrade to Longbowman and Crossbowman. So if you were able to build all 3 of those in the same city at the same time then it is a bug indeed. But if you didn't have a Bowyer then you cannot yet build Crossbowmen, so would be allowed to construct Archers even after getting to Machinery.

Is it correct that HN animals cannot board a galley? Last night I had to reveal it's nationality to be able to board a captured wolf.

That wasn't a problem in the sense I wanted to cage it, but I'd have been a bit miffed if it had been a Giant Spider.

Also - not so much of a problem with single player I guess, but still odd - a hidden nationality unit can open diplomacy with a newly discovered nation. In multiplayer it would obviously give the owning nationality of the unit away.

When you research Deception, you get the tech and the Nightwatch to spread the religion "between turns", which means the AI can attack and kill your Nightwatch before you have a chance to move or use it in order to remove HN or spread the religion.
This doesn't apply to getting the tech by trade and as far as I understand this is the usual way Civ works when you research something, but it can be really annoying, because you can't get CoE in one of your cities, although you researched it.

Maybe the Nightwatch could start without HN and get the ability "Mask" ?!

Hmm. HN units normally heal at what, 5% per turn, for possible 20 turn heals? Poisoned is a -3% to heal rate in enemy territory, so that would make poisoned HN units heal at 2% per turn for up to a 50 turn heal. Sounds correct as well as incredibly annoying :lol:

As for Archers... hmm. Maybe Marksmen are what's keeping them from obsoleting? There's no direct upgrade from Archers to Marksmen, but Longbowmen do upgrade to Marksmen so I suppose that could be considered in whether or not to obsolete Archers. Try giving yourself 4 Marksmen in WB and seeing if you can still build Archers?

Aximander, try changing your default background to one of the others (BTS Classical or something, I dunno) and seeing if you still run into the same problem. I doubt it's something caused by the menu background, but if it is changing it might fix it.

Thank you for the explanation on the slow-healing Griffon. When you break it down like that, I can see it is possible. You are correct - very annoying!

I finished that game off yesterday. However, I am certain I had a Bowyer in Jubilee, my capital city, and was able to build Archers, Longbowmen and Crossbowmen. Of course, when I built my 4 Crossbowmen, those were no longer available, but I could still build Archers and Longbowmen.

I didn't get to research Precision to see if I could build Marksmen, and I had no Gunpowder for Arquebusters (if the Balseraphs can build that unit).

First off a little positive feedback. I upgraded my computer and I have seen an incredible decrease in the time between turns in the mid-late games. To push the envelope further, I am playing a Huge map with 18 civs. The good news is that I am around turn 600 of my Epic speed game, the map is about 75% full, and only a few seconds between turns.

The bad news: I am getting CTDs.

Was that Fire on Ice bug fixed? The first two times I found it in the World Builder, erased it and played a few more turns. However, it is really tedious on a map this size with all the units, etc. trying to find it, and now my computer is crashing again with me unable to find it.

Before I try again to search, could someone confirm if this bug was fixed or not?

Thanks.

Great mod :)

Got a CTD for ya.

Playing as the malakim civilization. When I engage in melee combat with my mage, it crashes.

Save game included incase you need it.

View attachment 187487

This isn't a FfH 0.33e game. I suspect it isn't patched, which is why you are getting the crash.

First off a little positive feedback. I upgraded my computer and I have seen an incredible decrease in the time between turns in the mid-late games. To push the envelope further, I am playing a Huge map with 18 civs. The good news is that I am around turn 600 of my Epic speed game, the map is about 75% full, and only a few seconds between turns.

The bad news: I am getting CTDs.

Was that Fire on Ice bug fixed? The first two times I found it in the World Builder, erased it and played a few more turns. However, it is really tedious on a map this size with all the units, etc. trying to find it, and now my computer is crashing again with me unable to find it.

Before I try again to search, could someone confirm if this bug was fixed or not?

Thanks.

No. I switched the flames graphics to a new one in 0.33, hoping that would help. The flames you see in 0.33 is actually the campire effect from the center of the goody hut graphic. So you see it all the time in normal Civ4, just not at the scale we are using it for.

Its even stranger that it only effects Vista. I know I've looked at it a few times. But if you post a save that crashes if left alone, and doesnt crash if you delete some specific flames I'll check it out.

Meanwhile, just for my own curiosity, try replacing your current '...\Fall from Heaven 2 033\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4FeatureInfos.xml' with the attached one and see if it helps.

Attachments

• CIV4FeatureInfos.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 65
Top Bottom