1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.33 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Raize

Raize Warlord

This is a side effect of merely having Chaos mana. Balance it out by getting Law mana. Prevent your units from defecting by casting Loyalty on them. (1st sphere, Law.)

2. Eternal Requiem

Eternal Requiem Chieftain

Nope one turn it looked normal the next it went barbarian, I had just moved the unit into a city... of course I'll keep note of the entropy and chaos mana thing... of course I could be mistaken... it's possible that it was built with the promotion and I didn't notice it...

ah... law mana... I'll do that

3. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

Exactly! This is the only way you can deal with units with the Enraged promotion. For example, I have found Lunatics have a 100% rate of becoming barbarians, so you better be able to give 'em Loyalty, or they are gone. It is the same for Ravenous Werewolves, but in that case, if you can get them to defeat another living unit and become a Blooded Werewolf, they will not turn.

Depending on what civ you play (and your religion), Law could be one of your most important mana civs.;)

4. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

There is also still a bug associated with this ability of AI workers to build mana nodes.

You will typically see six workers building six DIFFERENT types of mana nodes.

This bug reminiscent of a Chinese fire drill has been around for several versions. ;)

5. MiKa523

MiKa523 Nerdish by Nature

Regarding Freak Shows and Slave Cages:

The action-button of a slave to create a cage doesn't disappear, when there is already a cage of this kind in a city, e.g. you have multiple human slaves and they can create cages one by one without any effect except the first one.

6. fannarh

fannarh Chieftain

I don´t know if this has been reported:

I downloaded 0.33 and installed with media pack and patch e. 0.32 worked great on my computer. the game still works great but. units change back to the original units they are based on. Skeletons and orcs change to warriors. Elephants change to war elephants. when I click my on units that have change to their original form they change back to what they are supposed to be.

I have deleted and installed ffh2 0.33 e. twice and this problem comes up in every game.

Also. Sommnius dose not seem to be working. no penalty or gain comes from it when I pit my self against some AI.

thanx for ffh2. if it where sold has a game I would buy it.

7. Pyr0mancer

Pyr0mancer Prince

Turn off 'Frozen Animations' in your options ;)

8. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

gains and penalty are really small cuz it's not supposed to be a main part of the mod, so the changes are not usually noticeable. some leaders value it more than others though: perpentach comes to mind ;)

9. davidlallen

davidlallen Deity

Hello, long time listener first time poster (on FFH anyway)

I just finished my second game and I was surprised by a religious loss. Granted I can learn from the experience not to do this, but I have a bug report and a suggestion. I was blocked from the other remaining players by Clan of Embers, so I needed to keep Open Borders with him to reach them, and he flooded me with Fellowship of Leaves missionaries. Just when I was making progress against the remaining player, I suddenly lost. I had been looking in the victory screen occasionally but there were no danger signs there.

Bug: this bug is in vanilla too, but vanilla doesn't have a religious victory. I have encountered and fixed this bug in my own mod. The victory screen does not reliably show the religious percentage of the highest player. In my case it showed FoL had a religious percentage of zero, when in fact it was 81% and I lost.

Please see Assets/Python/Screens/CvVictoryScreen.py, line 434 in version 33:

Code:
    		for iLoopReligion in range(gc.getNumReligionInfos()):
    			if (iLoopReligion != iOurReligion):
    				religionPercent = gc.getGame().calculateReligionPercent(iLoopReligion)
    				if (religionPercent > bestReligionPercent):
    					bestReligionPercent = religionPercent
    					iBestReligion = iLoopReligion

Note that religionPercent is an intermediate variable. When the loop exits, religionPercent is set to the last religion, basically junk, while bestReligionPercent is set to the correct best percentage.

However, at line 571, when the screen is filled up, the wrong variable is used:

Code:
    						screen.setTableText(szTable, 5, iRow, (u"%d%%" % religionPercent), "", WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1, CvUtil.FONT_LEFT_JUSTIFY)

This should use bestReligionPercent, not religionPercent.

Now, for the suggestion: in my mod, I have gotten complaints from people who experience a sudden religious loss, just like this. In my mod, I have a popup which comes when any religion reaches 25% religious percentage, which alerts the player they should take some action. Then another popup comes at 50% in case they forgot.

If other people have had this problem in FFH, it may be worthwhile to put some kind of popup. Since religious victory is not present in vanilla, other players besides myself may have had this unpleasant experience.

10. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

You aren't up to date on your patches, this one should be fixed in Patch F E

Edit: Sorry, forgot my Revision numbers :)

11. davidlallen

davidlallen Deity

There is no mention of patch "f" on the download page. The latest is "e".

12. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

that's the one. patch 'e' solves the issue.

13. Mamamia

Mamamia Chieftain

Something rather peculiar happened when I destroyed the Sandalphon of Sidar civilization. First, the usual window popped up where he says his last words of wisdom before he dies. But then, the next turn, the interface was showing that I was still at war with him.

It's only when I put a unit on the square that contained his Scorched Staff that he finally died again, with the window containing his last words of wisdom popping up for the second time.

I've attached the save (this was with patch c applied). The Scorched Staff is located two squares south of my northernmost Giant Spider. After putting a unit on top of the Staff, Sandalphon of Sidar will die for the second time.

Attached Files:

14. Pyr0mancer

Pyr0mancer Prince

This is to prevent equipment from being destroyed when its owner civilization is.

15. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

It is the first time I have used units with the Command promotion(s).

I am a little confused and not sure it is a bug or not...

I was using Yvain and promoted him to Command 1. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I could not capture a single unit despite many battles. However, when I promoted him to Command 2, the captured units (mostly elves) really started to pile up.

The difference is supposed to be only 10% vs. 20%, but I saw 0% with the former and maybe 75% on the latter...so maybe it balances out.;)

Anyway, what about Command 3? I saw that it gives 20%?

Is that right? You get really nothing for the promotion? You already have 20% with Command 2.

Bug, or am I missing something?

I also think Command 4 is listed as 20%:confused:

16. Verily

Verily Prince

The Command promotions are cumulative. Command I is 10%, Command II is 30%, Command III is 50%, and Command IV is 70%.

17. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

Wow, the Civilopedia is really off then. Here's what that says for EACH promotion:

Command I - 10%
    Command II - 20%
    Command III - 20%
    Command IV - 20%

Nothing about them being cumulative.

The Civilopedia entries would read better as you give them.

Also, it is interesting that The Order is required for Command IV. I wonder why that is?

18. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

It is correct as written in the Civilopedia. You do not LOSE Command I by gaining Command II. Thus you have Command I + Command II = 10 + 20 = 30%

If you had a unit start with Command III, but neither of the previous 2, then it would have a 20% Chance, instead of a 50% chance by having all 3 promotions.

All promotions are cumulative.

19. TheCivNewbie

TheCivNewbie Chieftain

reproducable at 2 PCs/both VISTA/different Graphic cards.

Patch 'e' applied.

Attached Files:

20. Wyrmhero

Wyrmhero Dragon-Lord

The Order has ways of making people join them... Dark, terrible ways...