FfH2 0.33 Bug Thread

Thanks Pyro for the idea. This is a very clean install of Civ, BTS and FFH2 and I find it strange it doesn't work. I was running it before on the same laptop w/o problem and enjoyed it. If there is something in the install I am missing please share. I am not using default folders, but install seems ok.
I am not certain how to change from the Master of Magic II screen. I know it is not an option while in BTS options (I think the screen options are normal civ, which I use, BTS, Warlords and another, but not MOMII) :(

FfH 2 replaces 3 of the four loading screens. If I recall correctly, Normal Civ becomes MoMII, Warlords becomes a pic of Sphener, and one of the other two is the (default?) red demon guy.

Can't change the screen if I can't get into FFh2 options....I'll try the resolution from BTS first.

Patch "f" is linked in the first post. It won't break save games and makes the following changes:

1. Fixed an error with isTrait in the wonder spell.
2. Fixed a crash in the Wonder spell from barb players casting.
3. Fixed an issue where there "Add to Freak Show" ability was always available even if the city already had that sort of cage.
4. No AI combat units (ie: everything except slaves and workers) is allowed to adopt the UNITAI_WORKER UnitAI.
5. Fixed an issue that could allow you to build civ heores in Tolerant taken cities.
6. Fixed some Somnium attitude settings (previously a lot of leaders didnt offer any +/- for games).

great job on the latest patch, that should fix quite a lot of bugs indeed. not that I've experienced any so far, but it's good to know that I never will :D

OK, I downloaded and installed patch .33f AND the file replacement you gave previously.

I got a CTD 2 turns in:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.3.1
Application Timestamp: 48317e8a
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 48bd55fe
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0012b770
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 3164
Additional Information 2: f31c530d3d12785f4cca5eb2cbce0d8e
Additional Information 3: 5f87
Additional Information 4: 01bff28ec018e5af7a10ed0e25a03bbf

Be advised that this is one of those maddening CTDs that forces you to quick-save after every turn. You can reload or go back to a prior save and play a few turns, but it keeps coming up - not necessarily on the same turn though! So it might be necessary to play a few turns to get the CTD.

I checked again for fire on ice and couldn't see any, but it is a huge map with plenty of stuff on it.

I used a program called PeaZip to archive the save, but it is still almost 1mb.

One question: how do you go back in and delete prior saves/files you have uploaded? Thanks

UPDATE: I found more fire on ice in the Hippus territory and erased it using the World Builder. I have played 20 or so turns without a CTD. This was the 3rd time I went into the World Builder to find and erase this nasty in my game. The file you posted doesn't seem to have any effect and there is still a a bug when you get the fire on the ice. A little annoying to have to keep doing this to continue playing. Thanks.

I had to finally give up on the game above. There is definitely still a bug with the fire on ice.

I played a good 100 or so turns, but then the Sheaim used their World Spell which creates smoke/fire allover the map.

I had to go in each turn and try to find all the fires on a huge map and erase them. Even that didn't work as fires popped up between turns that gave me the CTD. :(

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I think I'll hold off on my next game until this gets fixed. ;)

I just experienced my first game-breaking CTD too. shortly after the sheaim casted worldbreak, so it's most probably that which gives the issue. definitely needs addressing, I don't think it would be that hard to add in some code that prevents flames spawning on ice, right?

Try the following things to troubleshoot the Flames CtD problem. Make the following changes to your "../Fall from Heaven 2 033/Asstes/CML/GlobalDefinesAlt.xml" file one at a time and tell me at which step your crahses stop:

1. Change the FLAMES_SPREAD_CHANCE from 20 to 0.

if its still crashing:

2. Change the FLAMES_EXPIRE_CHANCE from 20 to 0.

if its still crashing:

3. Change the FLAMES_EXPIRE_CHANCE from 0 to 100.

Let me know how it turns out.

continuing the above post: deleting flames on ice fixed the problem. for one turn. then the evil flames respawned and it would crash again. I just went the radical way and deleted them all, no crash now. but I will load up an older turn and test your changes ASAP. thanx for the support Kael :)

btw, do I have to try the above suggestions one at a time. i.e. one and one ONLY at a time, or begin with 1) , then 1) and 2), and then all three?

edit1: tried 1) , still crashing.

edit2: tried 1) + 2) , doesn't crash anymore

btw, I am running FF 042G+SOP1.4G, both latest patch. so this is based on patch E of FFH2, not F. just to make sure I'm not misleading you or something. hope this helps :)

Hi, I'd like to report some wrong behavior on the part of the AI.

It treats summons as if they were permanent units: I often sent elementals to kill a unit, only to have the AI send all it had at it to kill it off.
The AI should consider summons about to disappear threats ONLY if it's trying to kill off another unit on the same square. I don't know much about coding, but that should be a quite straightforward check, right?

Also, I think it undervalues the power of spellcasters greatly when evaluating relative power. I had the AI declaring war repeatedly despite the 10 (clearly visible) fireball casters I had at its doors. It only managed to kill off its own army without me needing to bring in any reinforcements.

Hope that helps.

not sure about dye and silk, but incense needs philosophy for it to be really acquired. you probably knew that already though .

[to_xp]Gekko;7207562 said:
continuing the above post: deleting flames on ice fixed the problem. for one turn. then the evil flames respawned and it would crash again. I just went the radical way and deleted them all, no crash now. but I will load up an older turn and test your changes ASAP. thanx for the support Kael :)

btw, do I have to try the above suggestions one at a time. i.e. one and one ONLY at a time, or begin with 1) , then 1) and 2), and then all three?

edit1: tried 1) , still crashing.

edit2: tried 1) + 2) , doesn't crash anymore

btw, I am running FF 042G+SOP1.4G, both latest patch. so this is based on patch E of FFH2, not F. just to make sure I'm not misleading you or something. hope this helps :)

Please dont post FF issues in this thread. Regardless of if you think they are base FfH issues (and you may even be right) it still spins me on hours of code review only to find out im not looking at the correct code base.

sorry man, hope I didn't waste your time :( I should have said it was FF the very first time I posted this. I posted it in here cuz I was pretty sure it's a base FFH issue, since others are experiencing the very same thing with just base FFH ( Sarisin being the latest to report it I think ) . btw, thanx a lot for the suggestions you gave. now I can finish my game :)

Not only does it potentially slow down Kael, but reporting bugs in the Fall Further thread gets me and Vehem on it, so even if it is a base mod issue, we'll often wind up finding the cause, if not the cure, and helping Kael out. Most bugs posted in this thread I don't bother chasing unless they annoy me personally because I know that Kael has probably solved it already for an upcoming patch/version and in a different manner than I have used :)

@Jules.lt: While it seems like a fairly simple consideration, it is actually a bit complicated to work out all possible considerations (like can the unit extend its duration for a simple example). But certainly it is an item which needs considered for the AI work.

Top Bottom