FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

There should be a shortcut to it in your BtS directory. The file itself is in my documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword

Crashes rarely show a python popup. The few times they do you rarely have time to see what it says. So not sure it'll help any to turn them on, it's more for when things happends in a way they shouldn't.

I don't know if anyone has posted anything on this, but the governors manors in my cities are basically doubling my production. I was under the impression that they provided one hammer for every angery citizen, but they seem to be making a hammer for every unhappy face. It's epic, but I'm pretty sure it's cheating.

I don't know if anyone has posted anything on this, but the governors manors in my cities are basically doubling my production. I was under the impression that they provided one hammer for every angery citizen, but they seem to be making a hammer for every unhappy face. It's epic, but I'm pretty sure it's cheating.

AFAIK, that's working as intended.

I am getting a few bugs ...

I'm still getting the occasional CTD late game (huge terra map, marathon game) but I've got a pretty high end gaming system and am pretty sure there's a memory leak somewhere as it only happens if I've been playing a while ... my thought is that it has something to do with the explore function as once I've explored the whole map or researched omniscience my explorer AI's seem to just shuffle around lost ... and having them constantly explore and give me updated reports of the changing landscape is my aim ... and when I watch them do their thing there seems to be a pause at the end of their explore cycle and it seems like a drain on my computer ... but I don't have the bench tools to find out for myself, so it's just an idea ...

also I am getting the red blobs ... they start out as black half blobs about knee high to the unit models, then they go full on red blob, sometimes they got back to half black blobs (as opposed to half black blobs, that would just be culturally insensitive) ... but I haven't have blob problems on any other version or update, and I've been playing since v 0.23

oh, and I have a cheat that may need to be fixed ...

I've foud that if I attack an AI Civ if I return a city I get a +1 to diplomacy with that Leader the cheat is that no matter how many times I do it I get +1 each time ... I can attack a Civ and keep taking and giving back cities until I've built up a +30 or more diplomacy relationship and have free range of their resources and trade screen ... especially once I can make them my vassal ... maybe just cap the diplomacy bonus for this ...

otherwise, if this is an intended feature make this true for helping out a Civ with a free tech I've spent games building up Minister Kuon (I haven't done it but is would work with the Angels or the Deamons) and I only get like a +3 diplomacy bonus for 10 or 20 techs to making them into a viable strategic ally ... which I always did think was a bit unfair/unballanced as I get -10 or more for denying leaders I don't wish to help out ...

thanks for reading ...

The blobs are frustrating aren't they? Hopefully they will be fixed in the next version. I also never saw them in prior versions.

I also get Memory Allocation Failures often in my late games. I am sure it is something to do with the Huge maps which are generally full by then. I don't do any exploring like you do and I still get them regularly. I have to muddle through because the game is usually close to being over by then.

Without more info, I would guess that the red/black blobs are due to lack of memory. Do you ever get them early in a game?

I have just read the posts listing the already reported bugs and I think that the following were not mentioned:

Grigori Medics do not gain experience over time, although they have the channeling promotion.

If a unit, other than a medic, is upgraded to Luonnatar, it does not take the divine ability, thus making the Luonnatar useless, IMO.

When I left an adventurer reach 100 exp before I upgraded him, which happened to be my first adventurer by the way, after upgrading him and killing a few barbarian units it still could not gain any more experience, thus left with 100 exp until he died. However, adventurers that got upgraded before reaching 100 exp where gaining exp normaly from battles.

I have just started a game as the Calabim and got surprised when notified that my third city produced a great sage. After closer inspection, I saw that my third city was producing great persons, with no apparent reason, while my capital, was not producing any. In addition, there where no buildings or other "sources" of great person production in any of my, three at that time, cities.

The "roar" spell must be broken. I was playing as Kuriotates and built the Dragon. When trying to cast roar, the error "obect None does not have an attribute GetTeam" was displayed. The same error had appeared with the barbarian Dragon, at a previous game I was playing.

This may sound insignificant, but it has caused me too much ear pain, believe me! The roaring of the Kuriotates Gold Dragon when he is displayed somewhere on the sceen is very loud and repeating constantly! This resulted in having to dig him in a city just to have him out of sight.

It is mentioned in the non-confirmed bug list, the problem with the Air-Ships transporting one another. I want to confirm the bug. It happens automaticaly when two air-ships begin their turn on the same tile. The first to move carries the second, which then may be selected and move individually, after disembarging. This happened when the ships were empty. I did not test it with ships carrying units.

The last one I want to report, I really hope it is not a bug, because I really loved it as a feature, but just in case:
The Grigory medics get a religion when created in a city. This gives them divine spells according to the religion they get. I had Empyrean, Fellowship of Leaves and Counsil of Essus in many of my cities and I could get medics that could cast the spells "Crown of Brilliance","Purge invisibility" or "Summon Treant","Summon Tiger","Create Forest", or spread the Counsil of Essus, respectivelly. In addition, the summoning spells limits were the *total* number of medics I had, not just the ones being able to cast it. That is, if I had 3 medics with the Fellowship religion, 15 with no Religion, 5 with Empyrean, 2 with Counsil of Essus, I could summon 25 Treants.

I hope these observations help you make this mod even better!

I have just read the posts listing the already reported bugs and I think that the following were not mentioned:

Grigori Medics do not gain experience over time, although they have the channeling promotion.

This is intended. Having Channeling promotions alone isn't enough to gain free xp, you have to be the right type of unit as well.

after upgrading him and killing a few barbarian units it still could not gain any more experience, thus left with 100 exp until he died. However, adventurers that got upgraded before reaching 100 exp where gaining exp normaly from battles.

You can only gain up to 100xp from killing barbarians or animals. To get over 100xp, you need to fight enemy civs or use the bonus xp from Valor or an attached Great Commander.

I have just started a game as the Calabim and got surprised when notified that my third city produced a great sage. After closer inspection, I saw that my third city was producing great persons, with no apparent reason, while my capital, was not producing any. In addition, there where no buildings or other "sources" of great person production in any of my, three at that time, cities.

Do you have a screenshot?

The "roar" spell must be broken.

It is.

Unfortunately I do not have a screenshot for the great person issue, but it was the first great person, no significant buildings or wonders built, no resources or anything.

If the Medics are not qualified for free exp, and if other units upgraded to Luonnatars do not get the divine ability, then Luonnatars are just cosmetic units that are not worth building, but I do not think that was the intention. Thus, one of the two must be a bug...Right?

I also get Memory Allocation Failures often in my late games. I am sure it is something to do with the Huge maps which are generally full by then. I don't do any exploring like you do and I still get them regularly. I have to muddle through because the game is usually close to being over by then.

yeah, but this is surely a memory issue ... I wish I had the bench tools to monitor memory usage within the program ... because this problem seems accumulate rather than just exist ... when I restart the game it runs fine for a while then crashes again ...

Without more info, I would guess that the red/black blobs are due to lack of memory. Do you ever get them early in a game?

occasionally, but I'm running a 3 Gb system with 2 512 video cards linked ... it's not for lack of memory ... and I've got the system set to something like a 4 gig cache ... but yes, I've read about people having the blobs in previous versions, and I may have experienced them once or twice between updates on previous versions myself, but never this bad ...

This is intended. Having Channeling promotions alone isn't enough to gain free xp, you have to be the right type of unit as well.

well, I think they should ... I mean if The Grigori can't build priests who make decent self promoting city guards for religious civ's ... I think that The Grigori Medics should at least stack up to Priests ... they already can't change alignment restricting them from producing Shadowknights, Paladins, or Eidolon ... and their heroes are realy only a trade for the civ and religious heroes that most of the other civ's have access to ... I think that the Grigori medic should self promote ... but I know ... off topic ... and I rarely play the Grigori so I guess it really doesn't matter all that much to me ...

If the Medics are not qualified for free exp, and if other units upgraded to Luonnatars do not get the divine ability, then Luonnatars are just cosmetic units that are not worth building, but I do not think that was the intention. Thus, one of the two must be a bug...Right?

I completely agree, I'm pretty sure that the luannotars are supposed to have the Divine promotion, I remember in a previous version of the game they were able to construct the alter of luannotar as well ...

Not a bug so much as an exploit: duplicates of Great People produced by Alazkan's mirror can start Golden Ages without consuming their non-illusory twin.

yeah, but this is surely a memory issue ... I wish I had the bench tools to monitor memory usage within the program ... because this problem seems accumulate rather than just exist ... when I restart the game it runs fine for a while then crashes again ...

occasionally, but I'm running a 3 Gb system with 2 512 video cards linked ... it's not for lack of memory ... and I've got the system set to something like a 4 gig cache ... but yes, I've read about people having the blobs in previous versions, and I may have experienced them once or twice between updates on previous versions myself, but never this bad ...

I am playing with 4gb RAM and one 512mb video card. I only get the MAFs when my huge map is pretty full at game's end.

I don't think those red and black blobs appeared before version .34. At least I never saw them. I can count on getting blobbed every game. Exiting and restarting sometimes works, sometimes same-same. Often the blob will passed to another unit creating a fun game to amuse you. ;)

I've waited over a month with no answer on my question so I will try again. it sounds like above post is experiencing something similar.

I'm running aspire e380
65 x2 dual core processor 4400 2.30 ghz
2047 mb ram
32 bit vista
7900 GS Nvidia

I usually crash around turn 200. Just booted to windows Civilization Iv has run in to an unexpected error (unexpected my ass). I try running maps with 5 civs on tiny or duel. I often crash when I build the mercurian gate. Declaring war or being warred upon. I guess this game is too much on my computer? I never got one of those blob things you guys are talking about.

Deleted FFH2 folder, reinstalled new download/then patch same prob.

I tried that "memory leak" civ ini. notepad fix whatnot. Still same problems...

I'm using everything minimum graphics except the one that keeps unit graphics ffh2 flavor.

I've started about 50 games but finished none of them. Everytime I get excited and play the game it ends up with me pissed off.

Oh I'm a vampire! *crash* SOB!
I am a mighty dwarf! *crash* SOB!
I shall lead my people to peace...*crash* SOB!

What exactly is going on here??

I've waited over a month with no answer on my question so I will try again. it sounds like above post is experiencing something similar.

I'm running aspire e380
65 x2 dual core processor 4400 2.30 ghz
2047 mb ram
32 bit vista
7900 GS Nvidia

I usually crash around turn 200. Just booted to windows Civilization Iv has run in to an unexpected error (unexpected my ass). I try running maps with 5 civs on tiny or duel. I often crash when I build the mercurian gate. Declaring war or being warred upon. I guess this game is too much on my computer? I never got one of those blob things you guys are talking about.

Deleted FFH2 folder, reinstalled new download/then patch same prob.

I tried that "memory leak" civ ini. notepad fix whatnot. Still same problems...

I'm using everything minimum graphics except the one that keeps unit graphics ffh2 flavor.

I've started about 50 games but finished none of them. Everytime I get excited and play the game it ends up with me pissed off.

Oh I'm a vampire! *crash* SOB!
I am a mighty dwarf! *crash* SOB!
I shall lead my people to peace...*crash* SOB!

What exactly is going on here??

Are you using a laptop? Laptops share the memory between the graphics card and CPU in a lot of cases.

I am playing with 4gb RAM and one 512mb video card. I only get the MAFs when my huge map is pretty full at game's end.

I don't think those red and black blobs appeared before version .34. At least I never saw them. I can count on getting blobbed every game. Exiting and restarting sometimes works, sometimes same-same. Often the blob will passed to another unit creating a fun game to amuse you. ;)

I have had the same problems and posted on it once before. Had not ever had the problem before .034 patch d. It's not my computer specs either Q6600 4gbs memory, radeon hd2400 w/512mb.
loki and archeron are most affected by the reb blobs for me but have seen them on others as well. black blobs usually seem to be usually the starting units. have had red blob buildings in my cities, have had no city graphics as well as a greenish blurry graphic in my cities, no MAP crashes for me but have had map trading crashes and opening world builder at mid-game crashes.
stopping/reloading sometimes helps with red blobs/black blobs, but never with city graphics or map trading/world builder crashes. have tried deleting civ and reinstalling/patching but still same problems exist. had someone tell me i had fall further issues but have never tried the game so unless it came over from Kael's copy in the initial install it couldnt be that. had posted a save and screen shot earlier but never saw a reply from the team.

Black Attila is describing the problem I have too. World map trade crash, World builder opening crash mid game.

I'm not using a labtop it is a desktop.

The only thing I dont have that you guys do is this strange blob issue.

Like Attila I posted a save but never saw an answer.

It seems that this is a surprisingly common issue that prevents many from enjoying this game.

I've tried the Deepening and Elegy of the Sheaim, and it doesn't work for either ritual.

I've also debugged why it doesn't work.

It was working because Rituals are "Spaceships" from plain vanilla Civ 4, meaning they are piggybacking on how Spaceships worked and were separate from regular buildings.

The Celestial Compass would change the spaceship production modifier to 50.

See the following file for this.

Path:
-----
Fall from Heaven 2 034
Assets
XML
Buildings
CIV4BuildingInfos.xml

<BuildingInfo>
<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_CELESTIAL_COMPASS</BuildingClass>
<Type>BUILDING_CELESTIAL_COMPASS</Type>
<iGlobalSpaceProductionModifier>50</iGlobalSpaceProductionModifier>

To *fix* the problem, you need to set the spaceship flag in each project.

Path:
-----
Fall from Heaven 2 034
Assets
XML
GameInfo
CIV4ProjectInfo.xml

<ProjectInfo>
<Type>PROJECT_ELEGY_OF_THE_SHEAIM</Type>
(change)
<bSpaceship>0</bSpaceship>
(to)
<bSpaceship>1</bSpaceship>

(etc for other rituals)

You know it worked if you see the "+50% for building a spaceship component" in the Civ city interface, and all will be well.

Well, this being my second bug report where I include the fix for the bug along with the report, I am sincerely hoping that Kael and the rest of the excellent FFH crew will start paying attention to my bug reports.

Top Bottom