FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

I also have a minor problem, systemwise. It may help the development team, though, to figuer out the reason for those crashes others have.

After installing 0.34 everything appeared to run smoothly, and the first map I played was Huge and finished without particular problems.
After downloading patch h, though, my computer started behaving strangely after closing the game, although I have been playing standart size maps. The "strange" behaviour is that is takes too long, 3 - 4 minutes to display the shut down menu and, after that, it needs another 3 - 4 minutes to shutdown.
I have checked it with other games and it is only with ffh 2 0.34h that this is happening. I have Win XP, an Intel Dual Core processor, 2 Gb memory, 11GB free HD space on C.
I can only assume that the game forces the OS to create a very large paging file and this causes this behaviour, and can be the reason for the crashes on other people, especialy if their paging file is set to a specific size or they do not have enough free space on the paging file drive.
Also, this could be the reason for the "blobs" that started appearing with patch h. In other words, there must be a memory leakage in the code introduced with patch h, affecting the performance.

I hope this helps a little, to find a solution to the problem.

P.S. I also had my game with the Calabim enter an "Infinit loop" after turn 320 or so, when finished researching a technology. However, after reloading a save game and changing the tech so that it does not research it, the problem persisted. Unfortunately I did not keep a save game to post, since my frustration prevailed over my sense of logic and had it overwritten... :(

In my current game I had an Archmage with Mind III capture Losha Valas by casting Domination. That was FUN, definitely, but I imagine it's a bug, right? I don't think heroes are supposed to be susceptible to being captured.

Sidar's Ghost, when upgraded to a Shadow, does not lose the "Hide" ability. I am not sure if it happens if you click on "Hide" by excident or after the first combat, but it results in losing their invisibility as Shadows and having to recast "Hide" every turn after combat, making them visibile in the midtime..RIP.

Ok, say you are at peace with the Barbs, and you see an opponent kill Orthus but not take his axe (cause you had units in same square as Orthus), then Orthus Axe is sitting there, you can't take it, and barbs don't pick it up.

Perhaps this isn't a bug according to some semantics since its a barbarian axe and you are at peace, but it seems wrong.

I dont have a screenshot but in one of my latest games my scoreboard got messed up so that it listed my own score and name twice on one row.

Here's how to make a screenshot:
1. Control-Shift-Printscreen
2. Open Microsoft paint (or equivalent) and paste.
3. Then, often many boards have limits on file size for upload, so save the image as less than 24-bit color. (Part of SaveAs...)
4. When posting to forums, there's a attachment option where you can select the path to the file you saved.

I dont have a screenshot but in one of my latest games my scoreboard got messed up so that it listed my own score and name twice on one row.

My allotment of uploads is filling up. How do you delete old screenshots, saved games, etc. you uploaded previously so you don't exceed your limit?

Thanks

MagisterCultuum spotted the issue, don't know if he posted a save or not (or if it's needed). anyway, Final Five should have killed me but instead left a Healing Salve :lol:

I've attached the autosave 4 turns before getting killed, one or two turns after it and a funny screesnhot, my salve and all my mines :(

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0248.CivBeyondSwordSave
    267.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Kandros Fir AD-0253.CivBeyondSwordSave
    271.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    333.2 KB · Views: 210
Ok, so, I'm invading Faeryl Viconia's empire and she has Nox Noctius.

Not sure if this is as intended, by my Vicar cannot cast Revelation to reveal an annoying enemy assassin that picks off my catapults one by one with impunity.
(The button is not there for me to cast the spell. I can however 'hold' the assassin with enough Radiant Guards blinding him sometimes.)

If this is how its really meant to be, it kind of takes any value out of the Vicar. He really seems to be the weakest of the level 2 priests.

I've killed hyporborem with Alakazan *with hidden nationality*. I was on top of the Gela but had to cast next turn as I'd already used the mirror. However next turn I discovered it had just disapeared.

It was castable but now it was gone. I checked the units around with map editor and couldnt find it. It had Faeryl's Race Logo on it. What the?

Ok, so, I'm invading Faeryl Viconia's empire and she has Nox Noctius.

Not sure if this is as intended, by my Vicar cannot cast Revelation to reveal an annoying enemy assassin that picks off my catapults one by one with impunity.
(The button is not there for me to cast the spell. I can however 'hold' the assassin with enough Radiant Guards blinding him sometimes.)

If this is how its really meant to be, it kind of takes any value out of the Vicar. He really seems to be the weakest of the level 2 priests.

I definitely agree with your last statement. They used to have Crown of Brilliance and be one of the most powerful priest units, but now...

Also, Revelation is kind of useless anyway within your borders if you build the Empyrean holy building.

I guess it is a tradeoff as you have a very powerful hero, Radiant Guards, Rathas, etc. so your priests are bozos. :p

I am in the middle of a game with Sheaim with Ashen Veil religion.
I have the impression that the "Sanctify" spell does not work as it should... There is no difference in the tile wields before and after sanctify, just the graphics change. In addition, I had a flooded plains, after changing to hell terrain, transformed back to desert after sanctifying... Is this intentional, or it is a bug?

I am in the middle of a game with Sheaim with Ashen Veil religion. I have the impression that the "Sanctify" spell does not work as it should... There is no difference in the tile wields before and after sanctify, just the graphics change.

Well one use of sanctify if you have access to a druid or a level 3 nature mage is that you can use the sanctify and then before the area reverts back to Hell terrain, you can upgrade tundra and plains and the like which you can't do while it's Hell terrain.

I've tried searching the forums, but I haven't seen this reported (either as a bug or a feature). Short time after finishing Great Library my cities cultural production was turned to large negative value (screenshot attached). Then my cultural boundaries oscillated -- on my turn city's cultural border included only the city tile, then on AI's turn, borders expanded to their normal position (along with announcement that city has gained Legendary culture). After a while there was no expansion.

I'm playing 0.34 with patch h. I'm playing the game in Linux, under Crossover games (a wine variant) so this may have something to do with the problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot-Civ IV: Beyond The Sword.jpg
    Screenshot-Civ IV: Beyond The Sword.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 145
Playing as Svartfalar, and my Nyxkin (Horse Archer UU) don't upgrade to Shadowriders, only to knights. I can build Shadowriders (Esus is my state religion), but not upgrade to them. This is very sad, since two of my Nyxkin are level 11. :)

Top Bottom