FfH2 BtS Conversion Beta

Feast can be used to reduce a city to negative size (of course, doing so makes a vampire lose xp, so it kinda stupid to do so)

Would be cool if you made each civ Modular, that way people could pick and choose what they wanted, just my opinion, i made a Orc Modular the other day.
I didnt make any text made with them is all.

My vampire was losing experience feasting on a pop 3 or 4 city. was able to take it to 0 population but didn't try beyond that.
maybe feasting should only be allowed for populations higher them 1 or some such.

Race: Lanun
Leader: Falamar
Size: Small
Map: Big and Small
Other options: No tech brokering, permanent alliances.

-founding the Octopus Overlords no longer gives a free disciple. Haven't tested on other religions.

*cosmetic issue*
-Roads are appearing as modern day 'roads' rather than dirt paths. If noone else is experiencing this i'll post a save/screenshot

-city hub is appearing in my lanun build menu, but is greyed out.

-My units are now being upgraded to bronze weapons without a forge

-octopus overlords disciples cannot spread their religion *edit* I reloaded and he managed to spread the religion. Possibly not 100% success rate? This is in a city owned by me with no other religions.

-pirate ships are incapable of taking cargo after they have declared nationality

- Auric Ulvin no longer has the agnostic trait. He just converted to octopus overlords o.o

-Not sure if this is intentional, but the AI leaders have wildly different opinions of me. I only have +2 with garrim gyr (as falamar) and he is already pleased with me, however I have +6 with sheelba and she is still cautious.

-protect the meek has no upkeep

-attack goblin workers results in receiving a normal worker rather than a goblin worker.

First Python Error, when trying to click-past the new starting movie (patch N).

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 661, in handleInput

File "CvIntroMovieScreen", line 96, in handleInput

File "CvIntroMovieScreen", line 51, in CreateMovieScreen

AttributeError: CvIntroMovieScreen instance has no attribute 'X_EXIT'

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Another python error (And I went to all the trouble of remembering my Photobucket login!). Only two things of note I recall happening on that turn - someone built the Tomb of Sucellus in the interturn, and one of my cities (the newest) borders expanded. EDIT: It then proceeded to happen every turn for at least the next 5. Sometimes multiple times (I assume, took multiple OK clicks to close it)

Spoiler :

Perpentech, standard, noble, medium and small

Runes did give a disciple when researched but unsuccessfully founded, but Octopus overlords did not give a disciple when it was founded by my civ.

Bambur keeps losing the Combat 3 promotion. I give him the promotion, but next turn he is back to only having Combat 2. Even when going into the worldbuilder and giving him the combat 1-5 promotions, by the next turn combat 3 has disappeared. I've had similar problems with other heroes with patches j and k.

Playing patch "n".

The armageddoncounter rises incredibly fast. On my continent no cities were destroyed, and the AC reached 20 at turn 200 without the AV being foundet yet. After some turns AV was foundet and the AC rushed to 40 within a few turns (about 225) now I am at turn 290 with an AC of 80. two of the evil horsemen have spawned in ONE turn, the third following in the next.
Even if I would play elohim, I could not build so much "hallowings" to do something against this.

The roads are displayed correctly in RoK Civs, FoL Civs still have tared roads. AV and Order Civs also have tared roads.
In my Game noone obeys OO, so I can't check which road-GFX they use.

I dont have this problem. Could you post a screenshot? Anyone else having this problem?
Will post a screenshot in a minute.

edit: this is peculiar - everything's back to normal. Must have been a problem at my end :)

@ElStormo
I guess you are using Vista. This problem has been reported before and it is experienced only by Vista users AFAIK.
You guess incorrectly. I'm still using Win2K. :)

-Roads are appearing as modern day 'roads' rather than dirt paths. If noone else is experiencing this i'll post a save/screenshot

-My units are now being upgraded to bronze weapons without a forge
These have already been corrected, I think.

-octopus overlords disciples cannot spread their religion *edit* I reloaded and he managed to spread the religion. Possibly not 100% success rate? This is in a city owned by me with no other religions.
That's quite normal. Sometimes your disciples simply fail at spreading the religion. It was the same thing in vanilla as well.

Starting a new game with patch "n" now.

I have the same problem.

@Kalimakhus:

Yes, I'm using Vista. Is there any known solution for that problem?

Can you post a screenshot?

Will post a screenshot in a minute.

edit: this is peculiar - everything's back to normal. Must have been a problem at my end :)

You guess incorrectly. I'm still using Win2K. :)

Oops. I didn't read the thread completly :)
How did you solve the problem? I restarted the game several times, rebooted my PC but the building menu still doesn't appear... :confused:

Can you post a screenshot?

Here. I just started a new game and after founding my first city I entered the build screen. You can't see much, that's the problem ;-)

Edit: The build menu is not just invisible. There are no clickable areas. Maybe that helps...

Edit2: current version 2024, patch n (however, didn't try previous versions)

Attachments

• no_city_menu.jpg
    no_city_menu.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 104
Oops. I didn't read the thread completly :)
How did you solve the problem? I restarted the game several times, rebooted my PC but the building menu still doesn't appear... :confused:

No, it wasn't back to normal. I assumed too much, thinking the city screen was back when I single-clicked on a city. I still have the same issue you have. It's exactly like in your screenshot. Previous versions were fine, though, all up 'til "m", I think.

Ok, two bugs while playing as Malakim:

First, when I switched to the Order, all the roads changed to the modern style.

Second, every turn, my science and culture sliders keep resetting to 100% science. I'm not sure how long that was going on, but it may have started after I triggered a golden age. Save is attached; sliders may take a turn or two to reset, but not more than that.

ETA: This is under patch n

Attachments

• Varn Gosam AD-0175.CivBeyondSwordSave
    146.4 KB · Views: 58
No, it wasn't back to normal. I assumed too much, thinking the city screen was back when I single-clicked on a city. I still have the same issue you have. It's exactly like in your screenshot. Previous versions were fine, though, all up 'til "m", I think.

If you are having the problem with the black city screen could you:

1. Post your complete BtS path (ex: "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword")

2. Post your complete FfH 2 024 path (ex: "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 024")

3. Post your operating system (ex: Windows XP)

4. Verify which version breaks city screens for you (ex: "patch l works but patch m doesnt"):

Patch: Patch "a"
Patch: Patch "b"
Patch: Patch "c"
Patch: Patch "d"
Patch: Patch "e"
Patch: Patch "f"
Patch: Patch "g"
Patch: Patch "h"
Patch: Patch "i"
Patch: Patch "j"
Patch: Patch "k"
Patch: Patch "l"
Patch: Patch "m"
Patch: Patch "n"

Certainly.

AMD Athlon 64 3800+
1GB RAM
GeForce 7800
Windows 2000, Service Pack 4

Civ IV path: F:\Games\Civilization 4
FfH path: F:\Games\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 024

Patch "j" still had the city screen, when I installed patch "m" (I skipped "k"), it was gone. Would you like me to install "k" to verify?

Certainly.

AMD Athlon 64 3800+
1GB RAM
GeForce 7800
Windows 2000, Service Pack 4

Civ IV path: F:\Games\Civilization 4
FfH path: F:\Games\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 024

Patch "j" still had the city screen, when I installed patch "m" (I skipped "k"), it was gone. Would you like me to install "k" to verify?

Yes please try "k" and "l" as well so I can isolate.

Interesting that you are running it on your F drive. I'd like to see these same results from others that are having the problem.

I would say he has more than one harddrive (or partitions) and installed it there.
I for example have 3 and my g:\ is my games drive so I installed Civ and ffh2 there without problems.
I don't think thats the problem (although I haven't tested the beta yet since I don't play civ at the moment)

Edit: But if you want me to Kael I could spare some time tomorrow and download the beta and the patches to see if I have this error under Win xp

Top Bottom