FfH2 BtS Conversion Beta

If you are having the problem with the black city screen could you...

(before reinstalling vista for this issue, civ4 was originally installed on C:\)
S:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword
S:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 024

Vista Ultimate build 6000 (XP does not have this issue on same box)
GeForce 7900 gtx(x2 sli)

retested
working city screen: core, A, B, I, J
blank city screen: C-H, K-N

I apparently skipped H-L, so reinstalled and tested in order: core, B, C, H, I (exited game 6 times and restarted, each diff civ), J (exited 3 times), L, delete, core, K

would it help to install on a external usb harddrive I:\ as a test?

running win xp pro
atholon 64
1 gig ram
nVidia 6600

I haven't had any graphic problems that I noticed and my city screen is fine.

Just Curious as to when the Dwarven Vault adaptation would be reinstituted. Also, although, I don't know how to check it, appears that 'raging barbarians' hasn't been instituted either as I have found all the games I've played under BTS to be easy.

@Ankhman

If you would like to check if raging barbarians is set open Victory Screen/ Settings.

I think there have been relatively more barbarian activity in the last couple of patches, but I don't think it has anything to do with the raging barbarians setting. It might be only because of adjusting ruins and liars spawning of barbarian units.

These have already been corrected, I think.

I'm running patch N, and there is no mention of correction in the patch history.

That's quite normal. Sometimes your disciples simply fail at spreading the religion. It was the same thing in vanilla as well.

When there are no other religions present within a city, your spread success rate should be 100%. I've certainly never seen religious spread failure in one of my cities with no religions before.

The vanilla values for success, pre-BTS, are:
[pre]
Religions Your Opponent's
Present City City
0 100 100
1 91 88
2 82 77
3 74 65
4 65 54
5 57 42
6 48 31
[/pre]

For those with the no city screen problem, could you try to delete the following file and see if your problem goes away: "..\Fall from Heaven 2 024\Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml"

Let me know.

For those with the no city screen problem, could you try to delete the following file and see if your problem goes away: "..\Fall from Heaven 2 024\Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml"

Let me know.

Same results here.

1. No sound to intro movie.
2. When founding a city, doesn't ask for it to be named.
3. Orthus spawned inside my cultural borders!!!! 2 hexes from capital.

Patch "o" is linked in the first post. It makes the following changes:

1. Fixed the onUnitMove error when entering ancient forests.
2. Added DamageTypes.
3. Added Affinity.
4. Sheeps and Toads swap on hell conversion.
5. Nightmares and Horses swap on hell conversion.
6. All players can pass through barbarian lands, barbarians can always pass through player lands.

Note that even though Ive added damage types I havent added resistances yet. I want to make sure combat calculations are working correctly before I added resistances in.

Same results here.

HHmm.. Okay. Try to rename ..\Fall from Heaven 2 024\Assets\python\Screens\CvMainInterface.py to CvMainInterface old.py and see if the issue still occurs.

Ok, two bugs while playing as Malakim:

First, when I switched to the Order, all the roads changed to the modern style.

Second, every turn, my science and culture sliders keep resetting to 100% science. I'm not sure how long that was going on, but it may have started after I triggered a golden age. Save is attached; sliders may take a turn or two to reset, but not more than that.

ETA: This is under patch n

Actually, after a few more games, it looks like it's not necessarily connected to the Golden Ages. Malakim, Big-&-Small, Patch n, my science slider would occasionally change from 70% to 73%, or from 80% to 85%, or it would reset back to 100%. The only thing that seems to be a trigger is the anarchy from civics changes and religion adoption, although I think I'd have to play a game and log every step to be sure.

I only have patch "n" installed, but the below do not seem to be in the list, unless I missed it. :)

Save game attached.

2. In the Foreign Adviser screen, Relations TAB, if I left click on any parted it should show me the current relations of that person, instead it opens the civpedia first, upon exit the relations are shown. Right Click exits.

3. Toggle Score Display has lost all my opponents.

4. Doesn't show unit status when fortified or sentry.

Cheers

Attachments

• Bugs.CivBeyondSwordSave
    101.1 KB · Views: 48
Hi,

patch n installed:

Baron Duin Halfmorn does not spread lycanthropy, if he wins a fight (in my case against various Svartalfar melees and recons) no werewolf spawns at all.

Haven't seen this on the to-do-list so I report it.

p.s.: I generally think the lycanthropy-ability in 0.23 is way to powerfull. I know the number of werewolfs on map is regulated via a decreasing chance to turn a unit to a werewolf, but u can way to easy build an army out of nothing more than the Baron in no time. I would either vote for a higher decrease of the turn-over-possibility (3% < x < 10,1%) per werewolf on map or a fix cap (perhaps upgradeable via promotion, so that u have to choose either to make the Baron a better combatunit or to increase the pack-size). Another way to ballance the Baron could be, that only he can spread his curse to make new werewolfs (the curse could thin down along the bloodline, so to say ...) this would slow down the max. increase in packstrenght per turn to the number of attacks the Baron has.

p.p.s.: I'm sorry for that I possibly misuse this threat with this non-bug-ballancing-issue.

Using patch 'O'

In file CvModEvents.py Line 506

p2Unit.setXY(...) -> Still uses wrong number of arguments it needs three additional bool arguments.

The issue mentioned before about being able to upgrade units to Iron, or Mithril weapons while lacking the required techs. There is actually a loop-whole that makes this possible. It seems that the code granting the promotions checks only whether a city has access to the required metal. This depends on that cities won't have such access unless the required tech is already obtained. The problem is that special buildings can provide access to these two metals. In my current game I captured Acheron's city and there a special building gives Mithril, I instantly got weapon promotions to all my troops in all cities, though I haven't even got Metal Casting (the revealing tech) yet!!

Yes please try "k" and "l" as well so I can isolate.

Interesting that you are running it on your F drive. I'd like to see these same results from others that are having the problem.
I'll try but I'm having serious hardware issues so it may take a while.

Are those Vista pathways? Could he have accidently dumped the patch(es) in the wrong location?
Yes. That's possible. I am of course too stupid to extract a patch to a correct location, and I of course did not double-check where I extracted the patches. ;)

I would say he has more than one harddrive (or partitions) and installed it there.
I for example have 3 and my g:\ is my games drive so I installed Civ and ffh2 there without problems.
I don't think thats the problem (although I haven't tested the beta yet since I don't play civ at the moment)
Exactly. I have two harddrives and I use one for games, and the other one for system files. And no, I'm pretty sure that's not the problem either, since everything worked fine before.

I haven't actually received any error messages, but I thought I'd just comment that the AC rise is way too fast, especially with advanced start. In my first patch O game, as Tebyrn Arbandi of the Sheaim with advanced start on normal speed large hemisphere map I rushed towards Corruption of Spirit and got the AC to 100 in under 200 years. Also, when the Avatar of Wrath appeared, every unit I owned switched to being barbarian, including all demons and Planar gate summons.

Also, Abashi's roar ability is a little off. It doesn't matter if a nearby unit had the CotD promotion, it will convert a duplicate of the units to your command, leaving the original intact. The duplicate starts injured and although it has no more promotions than the original unit, it has lots of special abilities, like interception chance and the ability to bombard cities -1% per turn.

(as for weakening Lycanthropy, I would rather be the ravenous werewolves occasionally be under barbarian or even under the defeated units civ's control. It would also be nice if it sometimes spread even when a werewolf lost. Also, HN shouldn't stop the spread. The overall chances may need to be reduced, though)

The AC just doesn't want to go down. I declared war on the Sheam and captured/razed the holy city of the AV (18 pop) Before the attack AC was 17, after capturing the city, AC 32, after razing the city AC 60. The game got fugly soon after.

I keep on getting "GFC error: failed to initialize primary control theme." when I start the mod.

Top Bottom