FfH2 Bug Thread

Letum Frigus wasn't because of End of Winter by any chance - don't know in what order the post-mapgen tasks are run.

The Iron Orb event gives a whole free tech, not a quantity of beakers. I won a couple of multiplayer games through popping Warhorses early and then going crazy with Hornguard/Shadowriders when it should have taken me 50 turns. I'm going to suggest that this is a little unbalanced, especially with how common the event is.

The Iron Orb event gives a whole free tech, not a quantity of beakers. I won a couple of multiplayer games through popping Warhorses early and then going crazy with Hornguard/Shadowriders when it should have taken me 50 turns. I'm going to suggest that this is a little unbalanced, especially with how common the event is.

I think Arcane Lacuna helped you win that one more. :p

But yes, it is a tad overpowered granting a whole tech. Maybe have it work like the Great People if possible? (In that it can give entire early-mid game techs, but later techs it only gives a portion towards.)

I noticed my bug report of the map event on a settlement was in the "Unconfirmed" section of the bug list. I should have posted the screenshot I took in the original thread, but forgot to. Here it is.

Attachments

• Settlement Dungeon.JPG
    Settlement Dungeon.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 229
Discovered something a couple of days ago that I forgot to report (I think it's patch s), but I'm actually not sure if it's a bug or not:

One of Basium first cities got the Octopus Overlords religion which caused him change to it as that was his first religion in a city. This caused him to change from good to neutral, but later on, I spread FoL to him (my Doviellos are plant lovers) and he converted to FoL. But he stayed Neutral and didn't change back to good. Shouldn't religions affect your original alligment and not your current?

Crash, patch s, load save and press Enter.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0065.CivBeyondSwordSave
    140.5 KB · Views: 174
Discovered something a couple of days ago that I forgot to report (I think it's patch s), but I'm actually not sure if it's a bug or not:

One of Basium first cities got the Octopus Overlords religion which caused him change to it as that was his first religion in a city. This caused him to change from good to neutral, but later on, I spread FoL to him (my Doviellos are plant lovers) and he converted to FoL. But he stayed Neutral and didn't change back to good. Shouldn't religions affect your original alligment and not your current?

No. They effect current alignment.

By the way, am I insane, or did the Stonewardens used to have an ability to transmute gold into Copper and vice versa? Playing a rare RoK game, and was looking for this ability but couldn't find it.

Things I consider problematic:

1) One of the recent patches removed the increased regeneration from Combat V (or was it III, IV, V?) and put it into March (which requires Combat III). Not only did this make March very powerful (possibly more so than it should be), but it had one serious repercussion:
(Almost?) All unit classes can get Combat V, but only very few can get March (in fact, only melee, disciple and beast).

The effect? It takes much, much longer to heal than before for those unit classes that cannot get March. It's even more annoying for HEROES which cannot get March - your most powerful (and more importantly fun) units take an eternity to regenerate...

This alone is annoying, but it becomes even worse in combination with the Poisoned promotion (which all units with Poison Strength apply to their opponents after combat) - I've had units (with lots of experience) needing something like 27 turns to heal - they could not get a single promotion improving their healing rate...

I don't think allowing March for all unit classes is the right solution. To the contrary, it would make some units, like those with lots of mobility (like the Hippus mounted units) even more powerful because one would need even less turns to heal between hit & run attempts.

I'm not sure I have a better solution. I guess Combat was too strong before? What about giving Combat III, IV and V at least half their former values back (5%, 5%, 5% instead of their former values of 10%, 10%, 10%) while reducing the numbers of March in a similar fashion (5%, 5%, 5%)? Right now, March is probably too powerful (which hurts units which cannot get it), and this change would at the very least help against the problems with Poisoned...
Alternatively, one could make some other, currently underpowered promotion (like Defensive) available to all unit classes and move the entire healing bonuses from March to this promotion.
In any case, no matter what the final solution looks like, it is imperative that all unit classes have some access to increased healing - this is a factor that really slows down gameplay right now.

2) Several bugs with Wages of Sin:
First of all, several players in that scenario (and possibly others) use their world spells in the first turn - for example, the Elohim and the Ljosalfar do (Actually, I think the Elohim did something similar in Barbarian Assault). I would guess that the AI uses its world spells partly depending on whether it's on war with other civilizations - and this scenario and others have the "Always War" option enabled. In that case, the conditions for using these world spells really have to change.

Secondly, The Sheaim player starts with a Great Engineer right next to the Infernals. I assume that the Great Engineer was actually supposed to belong to the Infernals instead of the Sheaim and that it's ejected from Hyborem's territory in turn 0 because the two civilizations do not start with open borders.
Solution: Change the owner of the Great Engineer from Sheaim to the Infernals.

Thirdly, I've tried the scenario several times already and always quit in frustration after I was visited in turn 10 or so by a basically unkillable unit: Basium. (And if I actually managed to kill him, I wouldn't be happy, either, because this seriously hurts the Mercurians...). Hyborem starts with UnitAI_Defense or something like that while Basium had UnitAI_Attack - perhaps that's the problem? In any case, Basium mustn't be allowed to attack that soon personally - either he kills (or at least harasses) the player at a very early point in the game, or he dies that soon. Neither option is particularly satisfying.

Hopefully, this bug report was helpful in some way.

being the guy that basically caused the change to Combat IV-V healing rates, I can tell ya it was changed because otherwise under certain circumstances ( poison for example ) units would heal a lot faster in neutral/enemy territory than in friendly territory. that said, I definitely see where you're coming from that this changed somehow nerfed combat and improved march, ultimately nerfing those units that cannot gain march. so, something could be needed to reach a balance here. just not sure what.

By the way, am I insane, or did the Stonewardens used to have an ability to transmute gold into Copper and vice versa? Playing a rare RoK game, and was looking for this ability but couldn't find it.

That ability was taken away some time ago - they have the ability to give the Shield of Faith, I think only to living units now.

There is a rare event that allows swapping Copper/Gold, but you never seem to get that except when you don't need it. ;)

When I mouse over a particular large stack of units, the information displayed in the popup has some formatting issues. The first dozen enteries or so are displayed properly, while the rest have numbers next to each of their promotions. The are also no line breaks so the information all runs together.

The first dozen enteries or so are displayed properly, while the rest have numbers next to each of their promotions.

That's how it supposed to be. The numbers represent the number of a particular promotion in the non-displayed units.

I started a top-to-bottom game as the Illians, and after handing off my civ to the AI, I noticed that it had built Temples of the Hand in cities with several floodplains. I'm wondering if the AI properly takes into account that floodplains are lost when building the Temples of the Hand? (Is it thinking of them as desert tiles it should eliminate rather than noticing the difference between floodplains and desert?)

I am towards the end of a Grigori game (first one in a long time). I noticed some of the "balance issues" regarding them, and thought I would post my thoughts. The Grigori Medic's pedia entry says it can upgrade to a Luonnotar, but it must be level 6 or higher. Since the medic is not a disciple unit, that means it must get into combat to be promoted. My idea was to promote my next adventurer to be a Medic, then upgrade him to a Luonnotar. My next adventurer spawned, I moved him to an Infirmary, but alas I was not given the option to upgrade him to a Medic.

I like how it is set up (medics progress to Luonnotars), but if adventurers were able to be medics, that could make Luonnotars a more accessible unit.

In my last game as the Luchurip, patch s, I defeated Capria and got a defeat message from her. However, she stayed around in the diplomacy bar. I contacted her and as we were still at war, I made her capitulate. I then noticed the Empty Bier lying around. I think this is what made her stay. Anyway, on my next turn I captured a Sheaim city, and got a defeat message from Capria again. This time, she left correctly, and the Empty Bier left too.

Also, Hyborem got summoned but never took a city. He wandered around, and declared war on people he couldn't fight (Erebus map), and didn't declare war on people he could actually take a city from.

"7. Fixed a CtD when capturing a unit with hiden nationality from a stack with neutral units.
87. New Svartalfar Longbowman unit model by seZereth."

What happened to 8 - 86? :p

Top Bottom