1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. xienwolf

xienwolf Chieftain

What change in Hell Terrain are you speaking of? The function hasn't been touched since before patch N, and the only feature it does anything with is to place Flames on Burning Sand. Since Snow/Tundra tiles don't HAVE hell versions, they remain absolutely untouched except for changing resources on the tile to Hell Resources.

2. Verily

Verily Chieftain

Actually, Ancient Forests disappear when the "hell number" is anything other than zero. (Terrain switches to hell terrain when the "hell number" reaches ten.) So Ancient Forests disappear even on Tundra, but Tundra can still support regular Forests; the reason Forests disappear in hell terrain is because the base hell terrain itself is designed not to support Forests.

But, you're right, this has been the case for a while. I'm not sure how long, but at least a few full releases.

3. Emptiness

Emptiness []

In addition to this, also all Ancient Forests on tundra are deleted. I didn't mean to suggest that this was a recent change in behavior of the function; I just happen to have recently noticed the problem.

4. armyofwhispers

armyofwhispers Chieftain

If an immortal unit uses the black mirror, the illusion dies next turn, and is ressurected in the capital without the count. This makes it possible to mass produce immortals. I think my game totaled something like 15 immortals....

5. Keeper_GFA

Keeper_GFA Chieftain

Patch your game.

Patch R
    23. Immortal units duplicated with the Black Mirror won't be duplicated anymore.

6. megamanx06

megamanx06 Caswallan

this was a couple of patches ago, but i didn't see it mentioned so i'll say it.

Immortals (Valkyries in my game) were being disbanded because of strike and then reborn in my capital, only to be disbanded again the next day. Personally, I don't think National or World units should be able to be disbanded at all, but at least fix the Immortals.

7. armyofwhispers

armyofwhispers Chieftain

I have patch R... I upgraded to patch R as soon as it came out, and it broke my previous Svaltfar game so I started a new one... Where I found the immortal issue.

8. Zechnophobe

Zechnophobe Strategy Lich

That's an impressive edge case there. How often do you have tier 4 units while also being on strike? Just conquered a large continent with no palace on it?

9. megamanx06

megamanx06 Caswallan

i was playing as basium, and i had just conquered a lot of territory (i was at war with everyone except my 2 allies, one of which was getting raped)

10. Jenaelha

Jenaelha fields of Elanor

Python error in 0.40r (or maybe 0.40s but the readme file isn't updated? I also note the fix list should show 0.40t (unreleased))

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "CvSpellInterface", line 22, in cast
    File "string",line 0, in ?
    File "CvSpellInterface", line 1252, in spellForTheHorde
    RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

11. Verdian

Verdian Chieftain

I got the "Buy a dungeon map from an explorer" event on a Kuriotate settlement, so I could not buy the map. I assume the DM intended it to be a sewer dungeon underneath the city, but settlements are too small for that sort of complex building.

12. Rince Wind

Rince Wind Chieftain

shouldn't the new patch be "t" instead of "s" again? ;)

13. Sid_Unbreakable

Sid_Unbreakable Dark Lord

I was going to say that as well. :p

14. Mesix

Mesix Sweet Alex

When I build Blood of the Phoenix as the Calabim, all of my Vampire units get the Immortal promotion. Since they are undead, shouldn't they be considered "not alive" like Liches and OO undead units which cannot get the Immortal promotion.

15. Verdian

Verdian Chieftain

Vampires are not undead in the FfH universe. ;)

16. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Vampires in FfH are not undead. They are very much living beings, strongly driven by the base passions of hunger and lust.

17. Musashimaru

Musashimaru Chieftain

Playing Sidar, patch "r": a warrior simply disappear after casting a "healing salve" from a healing potion.
    Too bad: was one of the two units ready to wane :cringe:

Sorry for my awful english, gratz for the awesome job. :bowdown:

18. CircularLogic

CircularLogic Chieftain

When a shadow declares nationality in a square occupied by units of a hostile nation, those units are displaced.
    So you enter a hostile city, declare nationality displacing all defenders and simply take the city. To enter a hostile city, you just have to attack first (for example workers) to deplete the number attacks you can do and then move into the city.
    Combine this with high movement cavalary (hasted mobility horsemen with comando) and you can easily raze up to 4 cities per turn.

19. Sarisin

Sarisin Chieftain

I don't think HN units can enter hostile/neutral cities. At least that was the way it was - I'm not sure if this has changed. I always killed the last defender with a HN Stooge/Hill Giant, but had to move into the city with a unit with declared nationality.

20. cabert

cabert Big mouth

I guess it was with an invisible unit