1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

yea seems this one has fallen off the radar pretty bad. Its easy to do, but just didn't get done =). I tested it out and even made a thread for it...

2. deanej

deanej Deity

Seems like putting something on the todo list is a good way to ensure that it will never be done.

3. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Some things in the to do list have gotten done, just very slowly.

I don't think Kael wants the units that were made always hostile to be able to declare nationality or have HN removed by Revelation. He could just make a copy of the Hidden Nationality promotion, but I think he would rather you see who is attacking you. FfH does not yet have the ability to let promotions make a unit AlwaysHostile except for being HN, but FF does and I don't think it was a major change. It does require editing the SDK/Schema and recompiling though.

4. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

I personally think Hidden Nationality would be the best option. Cause if it isn't then this bug thread will be full of reports of nations attacking without declaring war. Plus this would add some (some maybe stretching it) covert use or CoE religion units.

5. Domingo

Domingo El Desaparecido

What ever happened to switching the volcanoes? Or did that get done without me noticing...

6. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

enraged + HN would be nice, or Always Hostile + Enraged. Whichever works, but I think enraged (and crazed) is a must xD

7. fish_sticks

fish_sticks Chieftain

When playing "One City Challenge" it is possible to still get a settler for around 100 gold through one of the events (the one where you can get +1 population for free or a bunch of other choices).

I am assuming "No Settlers" would have the same issue too.

8. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Well, the event is perfectly flavorable in a no Settlers game, for instance, the Splintered Court uses it, but thats no justification.

Merely that I don't mind the usage in 'No settlers' option.

However, for One City Challenge, if you could actually create another city with this settler, that would be a problem. Will the game under such an option allow you to found a second city?

9. fish_sticks

fish_sticks Chieftain

I actually do not know if it would have let me actually settle the unit. It did the honorable thing and chose population instead.

10. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Prince

in OOC games you can build settlers and found city´s your old city gets then destroyed, same when you conquer opponents city´s

11. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

maybe a feature but seems like a bug :

playing wildmana (the bug is not due to WM) but WM explains the AI attack.

attacked by 60+ orc axemen
    defenders of the hilled city + walls + capital :
    mage with airII : maelstormed the enemy stack.
    soldier of kilmorph, bronze + guerilla 2 + combat 1 + cannibalize (mutated) => killed 15+, survived
    balseraph swordman, bronze, guerilla 2 combat 1 + strong (mutated) => killed 25+, died
    archer guerilla 1 + withered + empower I (mutated) => killed 20+, survived.

my issue is :

the archer that killed 20+ units gained .... 0xp !!!!

what happened ? :
    I suppose that all fight were with odds such that a normal unit would gain 1xp.
    as the archer got withered, he got half of 1 = 0.5 so for each combat action he earned 0xp !!

but 20 times 0.5 is 10 !! not 0 !!

maybe withered should not allow less than 1 xp in combat ? or maybe the halfxp should be rounded up instead of rounded down ?

thx for reading.
    *(as a side not, when the AI attacks you with 60+ units, it makes for a very very long combat animation :D )

12. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

That's why you turn of battle animations :p

13. Emptiness

Emptiness []

Withered is supposed to be bad. Combats that only award 1 xp (without the penalty from Withered) are easy combats that are likely to be won. It makes sense that a unit with a hefty penalty to xp earned (such as that provided by Withered) would earn no xp from such a combat; having the xp penalty be ignored in this case by allowing the unit to earn full xp (ie rounding up) wouldn't make sense.

Of course others may not agree with my reasoning. In any case this is not a bug but rather a balance issue.

14. bardliam

bardliam Chieftain

I am trying to play FFH2 in single player mode. I have BTS patched to 3.19, and FFH patched to 'g'. EVERY TIME I start a game, it crashed just as the terrain screen appears. This happens regardless of whether it is a 'brand new' game, an autosave, or a regular saved game. Can someone help me?

15. megamanx06

megamanx06 Caswallan

I haven't been able to play the scenarios since patching to g. I'll try re-installing the mod.

16. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

I don't think that will make a difference. You have to load them from the FfH folder at the moment.

17. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

duh... I know. and I agree that normally it should be as you said.
    But the issue is here when the unit killed 20+units, and end with less than half it's life... and 0 xp !!!!. Even a stupid withered guy would have learned something....
    true, killing 20+unit in a turn, with 90-99.9 odds each time, without regeneration and ending at half life is not equals with defeating one unit 20times more powerful... but still it should at least be equals to a 50%odds... 4-8xp... so at least 2-4xp for the withered guy !!

as I was defending I couldn't know the odds... but still one could speculate and calculate...99.9 2times then 99.8odds... 2times ...etc for 20units... last fight : 90odds... total for surviving the 20 combats: 32% !!!!!
    else : 99.9 3times...etc ... endfight : 93% odds... total for 20 combats: 42% !!!

IMO gaining 0xp for a looong combat with a total less than 40% should give at least SOME xp, even withered.

I could propose that the xp of someone withered, gained in defense, should be added normaly on a side counter and halved at the end of the interturn instead of halving it at the end of combat. The only issue is that it would need medium to hard changes in python or even in dll.

another way would be to allow for decimal experience....

18. deanej

deanej Deity

Pretty much everything combat in civ is done on a per-battle basis. In fact, as far as the game is concerned, stacks don't even exist; they're just units that happen to be on the same tile and move together. Grouping units in a stack is just an interface convenience. This is also a major factor in what unit is picked to defend.

19. elykar

elykar Chieftain

Hey there,

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct area but here goes.

I've downloaded Fall from Heaven 2 version 0.41 as well as Patch g, the Media Pack and Blue Marble for Fall from Heaven 2.

Before all that I ensured I had Beyond the Sword at 3.19.

I am able to access the Civilopedia as well as Scenarios but for some reason when I try to start a Custom Game or Play Now game, the loading bar finishes but then I get a black screen and it kicks me out to Desktop. I know this is a pretty generic problem description but I can provide more info if requested. Beyond the Sword works fine on its own as do all my other mods. I also tried changing the Accept Python value or whatever its called in the config file to 0 and 1 and either way it doesn't work.

A side-note is I experience the exact same effects with Fall Further and can't play that either. :(

Please help! I love these Mods and have played them in the past but for some reason can't do so after re-installing. Thanks for any help I can get!

20. dot

dot crossing the i's

Sadly I can't provide any help on that matter. :blush:

All I can do is welcome you to the forums! So here goes ...

Welcome, elykar! :)