1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Emptiness

Emptiness []

I had never seen the Mirror without a Sun Mana node, so I decided to try to replicate this problem. I used Pangea mapscript and the "All Special Features" game option; the problem occurred on the first attempt:
    Spoiler Mirror of Heaven without a Sun Node :
    Notice that Life mana from the Tomb of Sucellus is present and linked:
    Spoiler Tomb of Sucellus with a Life Node :
    I generated a new map and found a working Mirror:
    Spoiler Mirror of Heaven with a Sun Node :
    Connecting the Mirror to my capitol with a road provided me with the Sun mana:
    Spoiler Sun Node linked to trade network :
    No special technologies were necessary for access to the Sun mana:
    Spoiler Technology Advisor :
    I noticed that in the example provided by alRazad the Mirror is on a flood plain, and in mine it is in a scrub desert - both situations that would require the Sun Node feature to share the tile with another feature, which I don't think is possible. It seems to me that either the Mirror is being placed on a tile that already has a feature, and not replacing that feature with the Sun Node, or else the other feature is being placed after the Mirror is in position and erasing the Sun Node in the process.

I know that problems can occur when there isn't enough space for things to be placed to a mapscript's satisfaction during map generation, and I'm wondering whether that is what we are seeing here. I haven't seen this happen in any of my games, but was able to replicate it by turning on the "All Special Features" game option. alRazad (and others who have seen this happen), in the games where you've seen this problem have you been using that option?

2. Opera

Opera Deity

The Sun Mana is a resource, not a feature, it shouldn't be erased if you place a forest/scrubs/whatever on top of it. Also, UFs are improvements rather than features like forests.

Maybe the problem is that there's too many resources on the map? I'm not sure about that one though.

3. Emptiness

Emptiness []

Ah, you're right. I was able to worldbuilder Sun Nodes to share tiles with flood plains and scrubs.

My tests didn't use the "Blessing of Amathaon" option, but maybe "All Special Features" alone produced too many resources. I don't know the threshold for resources placement problems.

4. alRazad

alRazad Chieftain

@ Emptiness

Yes, I always use the "All Special Features" option.

By the way ... I never noticed this problem before 0.41 patch f and now I have this problem in about 1/2 of all new games.

5. Acheron143

Acheron143 Chieftain

There are three of us who play Direct Connect. We have no issues playing BTS regularly or Final Frontier, but if we try to get all three of us into a FFH2 game one of us always fragments and we go OOS.

We cleared the Civ 4 data from the my games folder. compared that we all had the .41 g setup. And any two of us can manage to do a 2 person direct connect with FFH2 with minimal/no OOS. (switching to hyborem or merciun still requires a OOS save and restart).

IS there some special bug that 3 players activates or are we just supremely unlucky. As we tried for almost 2 hours with a variety of settings. We OOSed, when someone got an event, when someone fought an animal, when a barb attacked someone. Also the farthest we got was about 10 turns in without an error. We tried, no barb, no animals, no events, and it still would OOS except then it would just OOS when we started the game.

6. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

I'm not sure if this is was intended or overlooked, but are you supposed to be able to still get gold from blockades during stasis?

7. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

SHould hire mercenary costs scale with game speed?

8. Monkeyfinger

Monkeyfinger Deity

And the drowning spell, while we're at it.

9. Gustl

Gustl Chieftain

Hi,
    have some problems with units - i can´t see them on the normal map. The window screen is centred to my unit, and i can do every movement and action (without animation). Enemy units aren´t visible! On the small worldmap the right side i can see my units, but no enemy units. ...
    When I choose the button for showing units my units are located on the normal map with their sign e.g. picture for warrior.
    I switched graphic options and reinstalled FfH2, with patch *g*, but the problem still exists.
    Might this be a problem with my graphic card? (Radeon xpress 1100, Driver is updated :confused:)

Thx for help
    Gustl

10. Draconian

Draconian Templar of Doom

It's possible to upgrade Clan of Embers Orc Warriors/Axemen to Tier 4 Ogres. I guess this is a bug as it's impossible to upgrade them to Tier 3 Ogres.

11. Jet

Jet No, no, please. Please.

Another late game crash.

Patch g, load save, press enter, crash.

Attached Files:

12. Emptiness

Emptiness []

You probably have "bare map" mode enabled. See this thread.

This thread is for bug reports. Requests for troubleshooting assistance are best posted in the Fall from Heaven Troubleshooting subforum.

13. Jet

Jet No, no, please. Please.

Either this is a bug or I don't understand the rules.

I moved my stack up to the elf city and cast my spells. Some of my mounted units still have movement points left. I have 2 identical Lancers, but I gave one of them Flanking II and now he's not allowed to attack the city. The Lancer who is still unpromoted is allowed to attack the city.

14. Emptiness

Emptiness []

The Lancer with Flanking II has already attacked this turn. There are two elven workers in your stack, captured when you advanced into the tile. This counts as combat, and was credited to the Lancer (probably the strongest attacker in the stack). Capturing the workers with a weaker unit before advancing the rest of the stack would have allowed you to attack with both Lancers that turn.

15. blackCat

blackCat Chieftain

Hi,

When I've taken the promotion III shadow, Kael Coolbane have lost all his spells and special abilities.

Look at the save

Attached Files:

16. Emptiness

Emptiness []

When posting bug reports, please state what version of FfH2 you are using.

Also, before posting consider where the bug report should be made.

blackCat, the save you posted is from a FlavourMod game. Bugs found in games using FlavourMod should be posted in the FlavourMod 2 modmod thread. If the problem turns out to be unrelated to FlavourMod then it should be replicated in base FfH2 before posting.

17. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

FFH2 0.41g, multiplayer

I have a repeatable error with Harlequins and their Taunt ability. I am Elohim and have some captured Balseraph cities and Harlequins. Most of the time, I can use Taunt as intended. But in this case I cannot end this turn after I used Taunt in Gaudium. The attacking Balseraph Harlequin and my defending Phalanx seems to be endlessly in combat, because they have ? strength. And because of this, I cannot end my turn.

18. Weltherrscher

Weltherrscher Chieftain

I've also noticed this. And it can happen to the Standing Stones, too.

19. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

Maybe if you give to all effected units Enraged AND Hidden Nationality promotions it could do quite nice mayhem ...

20. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

Hippus (leader Rohanna) doesn't have Exploration (or a number of other basic techs, turn 314). This usually happens to Tobryn as well. Sorry about the leader name spelling.

Edit: This is quite anoying since roadbuilding is the first basic step in civ, missing that and the civ is dead meat. I cant remember for the moment, but I think it happens to one of the elven leaders as well.

Normal Play; Large Map (text...); Noble

Attached Files: