1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Emptiness

Emptiness []

Instead of Sea Patrol you can position naval units along your water borders in Sentry mode. When enemy naval units approach your territory they will wake, allowing you to manually respond to the enemy presence. It's not as automated as Sea Patrol, but it allows your units to remain hidden.

I use a combination of hidden sentry ships and revealed defense ships parked on sea resources, which allows me to attack most approaching enemies before they reach important tiles but also prevents a fast ship from being able to move in and pillage a resource tile unopposed.

2. arkham4269

arkham4269 Court Writer - Orbis Mod

I've recently had to move over to using Steam for my Civ.

I was installing FfH and instead of getting a FfH folder directly under the Mods folder, I got it under a $_OUTDIR folder as well as a having another folder $PLUGINSDIR with some FfH stuff in it. Is this the way it's supposed to be? Now I can't add the Orbis modmod since it can't find the FfH folder!

3. Emptiness

Emptiness []

The information in this post may be useful to you.

4. Afterthought_bt

Afterthought_bt Warlord

Ugh. :(

May I suggest that the sea patrol button is removed for unrevealed ships then, or would that be functionality too? It's just as it stands, it does absolutely nothing, so it appears to be a bug, even tho' as you say, it's civ's fault! ;)

5. Breunor

Breunor Deity

al Razad, just to be clear are you sure that:

You had researched Divination ? (The tech requirement to use Sun mana)
    You had a road to the Mirror of Heaven and it was connected to your capital?

Best wishes,

Breunor

6. Freya

Freya Queen of Lurkers

Sorry if this has been reported before,
    I've noticed that with the later patches when there is only me and another AI that runs overcouncil, the AI always gets the upperhand at voting regardless that i have the empyrean holy city and we only have one vote each. I think it's supposed to be the other way around. No one had built Chalid...

7. Flector

Flector Chieftain

You don't need that. Very early in my last game, even before KOTE, I already received the sun mana from the mirror of heaven.

8. alRazad

alRazad Chieftain

Ok, i didn´t describe the problem properly. The problem is: The Sun Mana Node (!) - usually located in the center of the Mirror of Heaven - is missing in these cases. :confused: I assume it´s more a mistake during the map creation. Neither researching Divination nor a road helps in that case :mad:

9. BlackArchon

BlackArchon Warlord

I had this bug in one of my last games, too. No sun mana. But in many other games there was it correctly. Maybe the map script had a little burp.

10. Breunor

Breunor Deity

OK, thanks, I added it to my bug list.

Best wishes,

Breunor

11. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

I'm playing a game right now where I have the Mirror of Heaven (last game also) and have had no problems. For those of you having troubles, are you sure the Mirror is within your cultural borders? Not to talk down to anyone, just want to make sure we have a real bug. Also, what map script are you using? That might be relevant. Erebus is the one I'm using.

12. Opera

Opera Deity

In borders or not, if there is the Sun mana resource under the Mirror, you will see it. I don't think the bug is "the Sun mana of the Mirror isn't counted in my mana list" but more "there is NO Sun mana under the Mirror!"

13. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Fine. Just want to be totally clear about the matter and that all possibilities have been accounted for.

14. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

Anyone else having trouble with the download? I downloaded this file: 2009_05_16_FallfromHeaven2041d.exe

It was 0 KB and I couldn't open it. Any help?

Edit: nevermind, I tried again and now the file is 368 MB. Very odd.

15. alRazad

alRazad Chieftain

Well, NO SUN MANA NODE means NO SUN MANA NODE! I can´t imagine, that cultural borders create a SUN MANA NODE at any place where NO SUN MANA NODE was before.

Attached Files:

16. risikogame

risikogame Chieftain

If the mirror is on desert or desert hill, there is sun mana and if the mirror is on wet land, there is no mana ;) same with pile of angels(fire mana).

17. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

What's the deal with the capital letters and excalmation points? The only reason I brought it up was I have had no problem using the Erebus mapscript. People are pretty brave hiding behind their computer monitors. Peace.

Attached Files:

18. Opera

Opera Deity

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude. I was just emphasizing the "no" :(

19. alRazad

alRazad Chieftain

Are you sure? Wet land can extinguish divine sun and devine fire? Poor gods of Erebus.

The maual doesn´t mention this exception. It says mirror yields sun and pyre yields fire.

Besides, I think "naked" mirror and pyre are almost useless if they don´t provide any mana.

20. Ahwaric

Ahwaric Shrubbery-hugger

There is a bug in CvInfos.cpp that prevents CasterNoDuration tag from working. Easy to check with summoned Host of Einhenjahr at Pyre of Seraphic - sacrifices fine providing permanent fire elemental...

It is caused by a small typo. Been looking for it for some time ;)

Changing:
    pXML->GetChildXmlValByName(&m_bCasterNoDuration, "bCasternoDuration");

to:
    pXML->GetChildXmlValByName(&m_bCasterNoDuration, "bCasterNoDuration");

fixes the problem, as bCasterNoDuration is provided by the xml file.
    Judging from the source files, I think it is valid for both FfH and FF.