1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Jenaelha

Jenaelha fields of Elanor

CTD using 41j
    Garrim Gyr just discovered Smelting. Am able to repeat on my computer hitting end of turn with this save.

2. Demus

Demus Chieftain

afaik that issue was with the AI being unable to add heroes to a group. still important, but not the great AI war-tactics-boost

3. Opferlamm

Opferlamm Chieftain

best thing is you ask your questions in the thread I pointed you to, as you will find there more people that can help you

4. ond_magiker

ond_magiker Chieftain

Weird initial settler behaviour. Patch i.

I settled my initial city with Sabathiel's starting warriors and settler two squares to the NW. They stood there doing nothing until my capital had its second border pop. This pushed them one square further to the northwest where the Bannor's first city was founded, at turn 170 or something.

It seemed like the AI had made up their mind to settle at a spot, but wasn't allowed, since it was too close to an existing city.

The Bannor scouts did run around, so the AI was at least doing something.

I regenerated the map once. No idea if that could've affected anything.

5. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

Meh. I guess I'll stick with patch G.

6. Ambreville

Ambreville Chieftain

Latest patch. I was forced to resume building the Towers of Necromancy and Alteration several times. This coincided with the appearance of mistforms. The mana list on the upper left hand of the screen showed missing prereq mana -- however, the mana nodes were safe and guarded with my units. If the mistforms are invisible and capable of passing trough my units, they should not be able to interfere with resources unless they actually destroy them. Right? Is this normal mechanics?

7. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

Did they pillage roads by any chance?

8. dieffenbachj

dieffenbachj Chieftain

So I just played a LAN game in patch i yesterday. It OOS'd in about 50 turns, but the OOS warning was flickering on and off, the synch number changing each flicker, for a solid minute before it decided that yes, it was OOS.

But before that was pure awesomeness. I was playing Kandros Fir, and Charadon started in the same tile as me. So the stack on my initial turn was:

Lucian (Charadon), Warrior (Charadon), Warrior (me), Scout (Charadon), Settler (me).

His settler was nowhere in sight though. I sent one warrior to watch him, he didn't move very far before I saw his capital spring up 4 squares away from mine, just out of sightline in a choke point between my mountain valley and a tiny ice valley with no exit.

He left his capital undefended, so I simply sent a warrior in to destroy the Doviello civilization. My capital was undefended, and I had Requires Complete Kills on, so Lucian and a warrior and a scout were still a mere 3 squares away from my capital. They sat there, fortified, doing nothing for the next few dozen turns until I sent a warrior down to kill them all one at a time.

Even when the warrior had 0.5 Strength left, Lucian refused to attack him, waiting patiently for him to heal, promote himself until he had a 70% chance of beating Lucian, and slaughter the entire Doviello civilization single-handedly.

So... yeah. The AI seems a little hokey when it's losing, the civilization placement seems BROKEN somehow, and his capital was in quite possibly the WORST starting location I've ever seen: 3 squares to the north and it'd be ideal for growth, 3 squares to the east and it'd be trapped by my expanding culture but at least it would have 8 furs and 3 deer and a river, but he compromised and chose THE worst location, having only 4-ish squares of non-mountain in his borders, instead.

Out of syncing a short bit later was disappointing, though. It happened after Acheron appeared in one of my huiman friends' former cities, a couple turns later. Maybe the fire/sudden burst of barbarians had something to do with it....

....or maybe the OOS has been fixed in the patch, I don't know, she had to sleep so we didn't try again.

9. Ambreville

Ambreville Chieftain

No. xxxxx

10. Onionsoilder

Onionsoilder Reaver

I think the leaderhead for Amelanchier is bugged. HE refuses to trade technology under wfyabta, yet I haven't traded a single tech all game(and he is way ahead of me in tech).

11. Breunor

Breunor Chieftain

I found the cause but not the cause of the cause! This took me a LOOONG time to find. :)

The CTD is caused by a Bannor stack next your unit with Orthus' Axe; that stack has 4 Priests of Leaves and four tigers. If you eliminate 3 tigers the game can proceed. I've attached a save so you can play on.

For the developers, the AI is casting summon tiger with that stack; if you eliminate fewer than 3 of the 4 tigers, you can see the 'summon tiger' graphics, but the game CTD's.

There does some to be some 'excess' tiger capacity. That is, there are more than 4 priests of leaves. I can't read code so I can't go any further.

Anyway, good luck with your game!

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attached Files:

12. dieffenbachj

dieffenbachj Chieftain

Treasure chests count toward Require Complete Kills. That is, if you destroy a civilization and all of its units, but they have a treasure chest off in the corner of the map, you can NEVER destroy all rivals, and therefore, cannot win through that win condition.

Isn't there some way to make treasure chests not count toward Require Complete Kills?

I utterly destroyed Jonas as well as everyone else, and after scouring Erebus, I had to turn on the world builder, look at the minimap, and discover a tiny orange dot in the corner. There was much cursing.

13. Jenaelha

Jenaelha fields of Elanor

@ Breunor

Thanks for the recovery of that game... I saw those Priests and Tigers too but thought it just represented good spell use by the priests.

14. Neomega

Neomega Chieftain

good one. LoL

15. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Chieftain

On a similar note, I can't get any other civ to trade resources. They don't even show up on the diplo screens.

16. Ambreville

Ambreville Chieftain

Not sure if this has already been reported, but the option to request another civ to change its state religion is no longer available. There also are some bizarre things going on with religion. For example, I created Basium in a city that only had the Order. My state religion also was the Order, yet Basium picked FoL instead. (???)

17. jaolhe

jaolhe Chieftain

Hmm, I'm playing the Splintered Courts scenario. It's turn 150 now and my Svaltarfar allies are only building workers and warriors (which they have heaps of by now). Because of the permanent alliances I can look inside their cities and see they have no buildings except the initial ones. Luckily the Ljosalfar enemies are most likely doing the same.

I think the army building logic in the ne AI should be heavily tuned.

18. rxrx

rxrx Chieftain

Is it just me or is it the Adoptive trait is not working? I can't change it after 100 turns.

19. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

What gamespeed are you on? IIRC, the time between changes varies based on your speed.

20. rxrx

rxrx Chieftain

i'm on marathon