FfH2 Bug Thread

Okay, thanks. I'll get back to you later about this. :)

Although, I used to be able to play small maps with all unique features before. Why would this be different now? Has something changed in the mapscripts since the last patch? I noticed a custom option at the very end of the list (something about preferred placement IIRC) is no longer listed in the last version of FfH. Could this tie into what I mentioned?

No game options have been changed in "z". Doing so would have broken save games. I dont know what a preferred placement option would be, maybe that was something from a modmod?

No game options have been changed in "z". Doing so would have broken save games. I dont know what a preferred placement option would be, maybe that was something from a modmod?

I don't run FfH with other modmods AFAIK. I tried FF a couple weeks back, but removed it soon afterward, so I don' think it's now somehow interfering with FfH. Weird. Prior to Z, I didn't have these problems though. I think I'm going to delete and reinstall FfH to be sure.

Ambreville..... the ErebusContinent map has an option to place starting units on different tiles or the same tile (to prevent your units from starting on different landmasses)..... is that anything like what you are referring to?

are you guys talking about flavourmod? it reorganizes the starting positions to ones more flavorful to the civ

edit: I'm getting a lot of XML loading errors. I'm currently reinstalling everything, so I'll get back to you on how that works out.

Not sure if this is limited to the Lord of the Balors scenario, but I've got a pink button for the Bannor Champion.

Not sure if its related, but after clicking on the city screen, I started to get a lot of almost terrestial tv flicker on the screen.

Since I've had access to champions, the game has ctd'd on me three times - most notably now when I tried to add one to my build queue

NB this is patch z

Edited note = just double checked: selecting Champion for the build queue at Torroliel on that autosave gives a Ctd

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 102
  • AutoSave_AD-0208.CivBeyondSwordSave
    327.1 KB · Views: 73
I reinstalled it and it still didn't work. I'm gonna try one more time, this time i'm gonna delete the FfH2 folder before I install it again. About the error: The main menu is only the original FfH background (the one of Hyborem). I load a game that i started on patch y and the game says it had to close for some reason. I start a new game and it pops up with a bunch of XML errors, so many that I can't read any of them and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of the game.

Not sure if this is limited to the Lord of the Balors scenario, but I've got a pink button for the Bannor Champion.

Not sure if its related, but after clicking on the city screen, I started to get a lot of almost terrestial tv flicker on the screen.

Since I've had access to champions, the game has ctd'd on me three times - most notably now when I tried to add one to my build queue

NB this is patch z

Edited note = just double checked: selecting Champion for the build queue at Torroliel on that autosave gives a Ctd

Redownload and reinstall patch "z".

I reinstalled it and it still didn't work. I'm gonna try one more time, this time i'm gonna delete the FfH2 folder before I install it again. About the error: The main menu is only the original FfH background (the one of Hyborem). I load a game that i started on patch y and the game says it had to close for some reason. I start a new game and it pops up with a bunch of XML errors, so many that I can't read any of them and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of the game.

What happens if you start a new game?

I just found a typo. As Illians when you get the 'Letum Frigis is nearby, a pilgrimmage there will embolden our people', it should say 'embiggen'

I just found a typo. As Illians when you get the 'Letum Frigis is nearby, a pilgrimmage there will embolden our people', it should say 'embiggen'

Embolden is a proper word. Pilgrimmage is a typo though, there should be only 1 m.

I've noted in a few multiplayer games that if any of the team visits Letum Frigus, Illians from the same team won't be able to get their event -> trait. I think it should be fixed in some way :).

Isn't it still using the base FfH method of only the first person to get to the site gets anything? If so, then the rules are unchanged, your teammate just screwed you is all. Updating it to use our Feat system to track by player would be nice and should prevent that from happening.

Patch 'Z'. I don't know if it doesn't remove other beneficial spells or not, but it definitely doesn't remove shield of faith, and it doesn't say that "it can be resisted, or has a chance of failure." It failed 3/3 times in my test case.

It hasn't removed any promotions since it was changed to a Metamagic spell and the effect of resetting mana was added. I think that is intentional, but am not completely sure. I don't know why the spell is still castable around dispellable promotions even though such promotions can't really be dispelled.

NB this is patch z

Verified.... NOT just scenario based.... in my current game.... Bannor champion is represented by a pink square..... trying to build it cause CtD

Verified.... NOT just scenario based.... in my current game.... Bannor champion is represented by a pink square..... trying to build it cause CtD

I just completed a patch z game with the Bannor and the champions worked fine. No pink square and no CTD's, so something is amiss there my friend.

Off topic, that was my first Bannor game ever, and I must say Crusade simply rocks.

Kael re-uploaded patch Z with fixed Bannor Champion files. He included a small zip with only the files needed in a post a little while back on this thread, or you can just re-download and re-apply patch Z.

Kael re-uploaded patch Z with fixed Bannor Champion files. He included a small zip with only the files needed in a post a little while back on this thread, or you can just re-download and re-apply patch Z.

Hmmmm..... must have missed that post..... thought I read them all...... but guess not..... thanks

Top Bottom