FfH2 Bug Thread

The AI has been building stupendous priest stacks lately, neglecting all the other units and then just camping one city with them. I've had multiple games where the AI has had some 50-120 (about thrice the size of the rest of the army) priests in one of their backwater cities and maybe a few longbowmen in their border cities even while in war. They occasionally move the stack between cities and might send some priest along with an attack force, but that's about it.

Don't know if this has already been reported -- the function to emphasize production vs growth in the city screen is no longer available. I can't prevent city growth either.

Also found a python error:

Spoiler :
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 62, in postCombatLost

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

File "CvSpellInterface", line 327, in postCombatSplit

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function postCombatLost failed, module CvSpellInterface

Attachments

• Ambreville AD-0509.CivBeyondSwordSave
    271.3 KB · Views: 59
Eurabatres the Gold Dragon can be affected by 'disease' but is incapable of being cured (presumably because he is magic immune)

Edit: Just tested this with another unit. The issue is the magic immune promotion. It disallows the use of cure disease on the unit, but does not provide immunity to disease.

Every time I have minimize the game or another program (like a virus scan) taken priority temporarily, when I return to FFH2 I see the map and can move units but all information, buttons etc. are removed. (if I try to double click a city, I go to a top view map but with no information or darker areas.) when a unit moves at all huge vector-like graphic distortions appear, and everything freezes up.

Perhaps this is fixed already through a patch, I see many patches have been released, I assumed that when I hit Update in the FFH2 menu the patches would be installed. Is this not the case?

I am absolutely loving FFH2. You guys rock

I assumed that when I hit Update in the FFH2 menu the patches would be installed. Is this not the case?

No. It deals with the Civ4 patches (rather badly, too).

Every time I have minimize the game or another program (like a virus scan) taken priority temporarily, when I return to FFH2 I see the map and can move units but all information, buttons etc. are removed. (if I try to double click a city, I go to a top view map but with no information or darker areas.) when a unit moves at all huge vector-like graphic distortions appear, and everything freezes up.

Minimizing stuff takes a heavy toll on Civ4 the Inefficient Memory Hog.

I just patched it. No problems there.

The error with minimizing/getting dumped out persists. This is not the case with normal BTS though, I almost never have trouble maximizing the game tab again. Thanks for the memory tip, do you have any suggestions for helping alleviate this memory problem? It happens every single time, which is disturbing.

Run in windowed mode instead. Also check your ini file configuration. One of the options states that it disabled ALT+TAB functionality to save memory, could be you have that selected and are seeing the results of WHY it disables tabbing.

One of the options states that it disabled ALT+TAB functionality to save memory, could be you have that selected and are seeing the results of WHY it disables tabbing.

No. I play with it and when attempting to return to the game after alt-tabbing it produces an error message.

FfH is just more memory-intensive, I think.

Windowed mode works great, and the info on patching and memory was really helpful too. Thanks a whole bunch guys!

I noticed in my last game that having two mages cast Sanctify on two seperate ruins on the same turn only reduced the Armageddon the first time.

Hold your mouse over the AC indicator and it will tell you the REAL value of the AC, that is what changes. What you see on the button is a PERCENTAGE value. AC values announced on spells/units/buildings affect the real value (hidden in mouseover), but major events trigger for and requirements check against the visible percentage score.

BUG: Enraged promotion is not removed after combat if the unit retreats.

POSSIBLE BUG: When a unit is enraged you can still control its spell casting ability. I think the unit should either auto cast or its ability to cast be unavailable.

ODD BEHAVIOR: Enraged workers just run into enemy territory, this seems more than stupid, workers cannot attack so can never loose enraged. Stay enraged or die. I would prefer they were sacrificed to a city for extra population. ie. Worker is unhappy with the regime and returns home.

BUG: This is still outstanding so I thought I'd post it again as I cannot see it listed on the first post as a known problem. When a unit (assassin) has the Hidden promotion from such spells as Whiteout attacks a unit, usually when in enemy territory, it teleports to what seems a random location within your border. Annoying but very useful as it can be exploited.

REQUEST: There should be a spell that you can cast to remove the enraged promotion, a second level spell, with a certain percent for success and should only work on a single unit, not the entire stack. This way you can try and save your better units or workers.

I think an enranged unit shouldn't be able to retreat at all...

That would make the Flanking promotion set useless and a real negative when enraged occurs. With that kind of thinking you might as well say that enraged never goes away, the unit fights until it dies. I mean, the unit entered combat and just when it was about to die it came to its sense and fled, that seems realistic to me.

BUG: Sanctify does not modify the Armageddon counter. I did the mouse over to see the actual count instead of the percentage but it did not change.
EDIT: Is it possible that the affects are not noted until the end of turn or start of the next turn?

POSSIBLE BUG: The Illians temple of the hand building is supposed to turn the tiles to snow and ice, plus it is meant to prevent the spread of hell terrain. This does not seem to function properly. I have a lot of terrain that has changed to tundra and the resources have changed to hell resources like toads and nightmares.

That would make the Flanking promotion set useless and a real negative when enraged occurs. With that kind of thinking you might as well say that enraged never goes away, the unit fights until it dies. I mean, the unit entered combat and just when it was about to die it came to its sense and fled, that seems realistic to me.

I guess the flanking promotions should be useless in an Enranged unit. And IIRC after battle, the Enraged status go away. But, in any case, I won't keep posting balance issues in the bug thread..Sorry.

Should Apocalypse hit more than once?
The AC was at 100 several turns ago, I figured it already hit and I was lucky not loosing any significant units, of course I dont know if any died for that matter, so maybe it did not go off?! Anyway the AC went down a little after a turn or 2, now after about 6 turns since the AC was 100 Apocalypse hit, I lost many units, but the AC stayed at 98, I guess some Ragnarok units died in the process?!

AC=100: Apocalypse: kills 60% of the living units in the world, and halves the populations of all cities of leader
without the Fallow trait (anyone but Hyborem)

ODD BEHAVIOR: Enraged workers just run into enemy territory, this seems more than stupid, workers cannot attack so can never loose enraged. Stay enraged or die. I would prefer they were sacrificed to a city for extra population. ie. Worker is unhappy with the regime and returns home.

[...]

REQUEST: There should be a spell that you can cast to remove the enraged promotion, a second level spell, with a certain percent for success and should only work on a single unit, not the entire stack. This way you can try and save your better units or workers.

A better solution would be to prevent non-combat units from becoming enraged, or if that is not possible then have them lose enraged at the start of the turn.

BUG: Sanctify does not modify the Armageddon counter. I did the mouse over to see the actual count instead of the percentage but it did not change.
EDIT: Is it possible that the affects are not noted until the end of turn or start of the next turn?

Sanctify only lowers the AC when cast on a tile which contains city ruins. The change takes place immediately.

So me and my friend tried to play a FFH game over LAN (doing Patch Y). I played as Balseraphs, he played the Sheiam and we were on the same team. The Sheiam were unable to build training yards and his units seemed to be acquiring weapon promotions (For bronze/iron/mithril) randomly. Is this part of that civ's design, or some bug because we were playing teams?

It was patch 'y'. We'll move to patch z to see if that improves performance.

So me and my friend tried to play a FFH game over LAN (doing Patch Y). I played as Balseraphs, he played the Sheiam and we were on the same team. The Sheiam were unable to build training yards and his units seemed to be acquiring weapon promotions (For bronze/iron/mithril) randomly. Is this part of that civ's design, or some bug because we were playing teams?

It was patch 'y'. We'll move to patch z to see if that improves performance.

Sheaim don't build training yards (their units come from planar gates). I don't know about the weapon promos, though.

POSSIBLE BUG: The Illians temple of the hand building is supposed to turn the tiles to snow and ice, plus it is meant to prevent the spread of hell terrain. This does not seem to function properly. I have a lot of terrain that has changed to tundra and the resources have changed to hell resources like toads and nightmares.

Temple of the hand does not prevent hell terrain: It just covers it with snow. So you know when hell has reached you when all your resources start switching to pillars and toads. Then you need to use sanctify to get them back. Its a pain, since you are evil, and will get this quickly. But at least with the temple, hell freezes over ;)

See the first post, things to do list:
. Temp terrains sometimes keep permanent terrain changes form happening (such as building a temple of the hand while the deepening effect is still going on).
If you combine temple of the hand with the thaw option, or with snowfall or the ritual that causes terrain change, when the counter counts down, the temple of the hand effects may be reversed.

Sometimes when you combine sanctify, snowfall and the temple effects, you will end up with the hell terrain graphic, even if it is sanctified and not-hell terrain. Strange glitch.

Top Bottom