FfH2 Bug Thread

Sanctify only lowers the AC when cast on a tile which contains city ruins. The change takes place immediately.

This seems silly???
So I have to either raze a city and keep the ruins (automated workers clean this up fast), or find a city ruins. This should be documented, and probably changed, seems kind of crap to me.

Best time to use this is when you raze an Ashen V. city and then you sanctify it. Limited use, but helps in the fact that razing cities can up the AC even if its evened out by riding the world of another AV hot spot.

0.40z on XP

Load the attached game; select building a Settler with the city that just completed a Zealot; then end turn. FFH does a CTD. I haven't tried building other things with that city.

Note that I've played several other 0.40z games with no problems; this is the first bug I've encountered. (Well, except the large-screen blood splash when attacking gorillas appears to be back.) ..fritz..

Attachments

• Tebryn I (warlord) AD-0132-CTD.CivBeyondSwordSave
    169.9 KB · Views: 77
This seems silly???
So I have to either raze a city and keep the ruins (automated workers clean this up fast), or find a city ruins. This should be documented, and probably changed, seems kind of crap to me.

It says something like "-1 AC on city ruins." Don't know what more you want. Razing cities increases the Armageddon count, anyway, so you'll only come out even after razing a city and sanctifying the ruins. Sanctify is not supposed to be a fix-all for the Armageddon counter; the Armageddon counter is supposed to be tough to lower. (Only the Elohim have access to a relatively easy way of doing so.)

This seems silly???

It is one of the very few spells, that have this ability documented.

It says something like "-1 AC on city ruins." Don't know what more you want. Razing cities increases the Armageddon count, anyway, so you'll only come out even after razing a city and sanctifying the ruins. Sanctify is not supposed to be a fix-all for the Armageddon counter; the Armageddon counter is supposed to be tough to lower. (Only the Elohim have access to a relatively easy way of doing so.)

The AC is not raised if you raze AV cities. It is lowered instead. And Sanctify gives you a chance to lower it even more.

The AC is not raised if you raze AV cities. It is lowered instead. And Sanctify gives you a chance to lower it even more.

Actually I believe it is raised, but it is usually lowered more. How much it is lowered depends on the population. I think that razing a size 1 city with AV raises the counter more than it lowers it, at least if there are other religions there too, but razing normal sized or large cities would certainly lower it.

Hmm...I can't seem to find this in the code anymore.

I have detected a bug : when you play with Kuriotate civ, at each new town foundation, you have the question : is it a town or a camp ? But after you have 3 towns, you never have the question and all new foundation are camps.
Sorry for my poor english
Regards
Francois

when you play with Kuriotate civ, at each new town foundation, you have the question : is it a town or a camp ? But after you have 3 towns, you never have the question and all new foundation are camps.

As Kurios, you can have only a few towns, depending on the map size.

Something I noticed about the Kuriotates: When playing single-player founding a city brings up the option of City or Settlement each time until the max number of cities is reached, but when playing multi-player founding a city always results in a City without the option of making it a Settlement (until the max number of cities is reached, then they are all Settlements like normal).

Another issue that I'm not sure whether it's a bug or not: Settlements were stealing workable plots of land from Cities that could actually use them. When I discovered this I let an emeny capture the city and when I took it back I razed it, but if Settlements are supposed to just be no-maintenance border-spreaders it seems like Cities should always get priority for workable plots. Sometimes an ideal spot for a Settlement will end up overlapping one or two work plots with a City, and the City should automatically get priority in that situation. In my opinion, at least.

Another issue that I'm not sure whether it's a bug or not: Settlements were stealing workable plots of land from Cities that could actually use them. When I discovered this I let an emeny capture the city and when I took it back I razed it, but if Settlements are supposed to just be no-maintenance border-spreaders it seems like Cities should always get priority for workable plots. Sometimes an ideal spot for a Settlement will end up overlapping one or two work plots with a City, and the City should automatically get priority in that situation. In my opinion, at least.

Solution: Open the city that you want using the plots. Click (assign) on the plot being horded by the settlement, it will get reassigned to the city, and no longer be available to the settlement. You can then turn auto-assignment back on, if it gets turned off, and the plot will remain "owned" by that city. This works for any cities you own that have overlapping working tiles.

I have a bug i am attacked while three warriors are trapped after exploring. one of the warriors escapes while being attacked but is trapped outside the trap still. I send someone to break the trap but it doesnt untrap the unit.

I'm getting this error when I launch a new game (after selecting game options)

Spoiler :

[406281.094] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4ProcessInfo/ProcessInfos/ProcessInfo)
[406281.094] Loading XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4EmphasizeInfo.xml
[406281.156] Load XML file xml\GameInfo/CIV4EmphasizeInfo.xml FAILED

I selected the Creation map from the options -- maybe this has something to do with the problem. As a result of the failure, I cannot prevent city growth or emphasize production from inside the city screen. I reported this earlier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 1

I relaunched the game picking from the options "Flavor Mod" as opposed to "Creation". I get the same error and I ended up with a featureless plain with rivers this time (this latest error only with "Flavor Mod" from Custom Options).

Reason for the error in the msg: The element 'bAvoidAngryCitizens' is used but not declared in the DTD/Schema.
Line 135,24
Source 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 2

I did not get an error when I launched Erebus without custom options. I still do however get errors with FlavorMod even without Custom options. I tried launching Erebus from Custom Options and I get the errors I described earlier plus the following Python exception: :crazyeye:

Spoiler :
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Erebus", line 3217, in afterGeneration
File "Erebus", line 2266, in replaceUniqueImprovements
File "Erebus", line 2314, in getBestImprovementRegion
IndexError: list index out of range
ERR: Python function afterGeneration failed, module Erebus

@Ambreville: There seems to be at least one file missing that comes with FlavourMod and that you need for running FfH with FlavourMod. You should try to install the latest version of FlavourMod over your current installation. (which is patch 0.40z?).

And you should probably post issues with FlavourMod in the FlavourMod thread instead of here. :)

Yes. Is that a problem?

I think the mapscript error is just saying that it cant find any valid location to place the unique feature. It shouldnt error like that (it should just skip trying to add that one), but you may want to play without that option or use a larger map.

Okay, thanks. I'll get back to you later about this. :)

Although, I used to be able to play small maps with all unique features before. Why would this be different now? Has something changed in the mapscripts since the last patch? I noticed a custom option at the very end of the list (something about preferred placement IIRC) is no longer listed in the last version of FfH. Could this tie into what I mentioned?

Top Bottom