FfH2 Bug Thread

As for enemy ships attacking the weakest target in a stack, I don't believe I've seen that. It shouldn't happen, as far as I know. Can you provide additional information about the circumstances surrounding this? (Patch version, ships involved, civs involved, promotions, wonders, in whose borders, and any other details that might be relevant.)

I guess the Noc Noctis explains that, but it does not explain why the automated option to have your boats defend your waters does not work.

As for details on the losing of ships, I have had it happen even playing as the Lanun, and taking 5-8 pirates with The Black Wind at 100xp and fully powered (13 str) and sailing as a "stack", as it were. Within a few turns The Black Wind had not been attacked while in enemy waters all but my pirates had been picked off one by one (and yes, they were all, including the BLack, on undeclared nationality). It was on Patch Y, and the last 2 before that. But I rarely played as a seafaring civ before then so I can't say if it was always a problem or not. All I know is I can automate my boats as such but they do nothing when privateers enter my waters.

I guess the Noc Noctis explains that, but it does not explain why the automated option to have your boats defend your waters does not work.

As for details on the losing of ships, I have had it happen even playing as the Lanun, and taking 5-8 pirates with The Black Wind at 100xp and fully powered (13 str) and sailing as a "stack", as it were. Within a few turns The Black Wind had not been attacked while in enemy waters all but my pirates had been picked off one by one (and yes, they were all, including the BLack, on undeclared nationality). It was on Patch Y, and the last 2 before that. But I rarely played as a seafaring civ before then so I can't say if it was always a problem or not. All I know is I can automate my boats as such but they do nothing when privateers enter my waters.

I suspect that the Black Wind isn't attacked because it is technically a hero unit. The code won't always defend with the strongest unit if the strongest unit is a hero. This is done on purpose to ensure that your hero isn't overwhelmed by weaker troops. So I suspect that it is unlikely the Black Wind will defend.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I am astonished that noone mentioned this so I do it now myself.

There must be something wrong with multiplayer combat calculation. We switched on combat log in our last multiplayer game.

A swordsman attacks a bowman in a city with strenth 5.5 to 8. The chances are indicated as 32%, which is astonishly high. But the swordsman wins nearly everytime anyway.

If you do the same thing in the same game in single player (all players replaced by computer players) the combat chance is indicated as 0.8% and of course the swordsman has no chance.

By the way most of our multiplayer games end with someone defeated by barbarians. A lot of computer players die before that so we increased the number of AI to compensate this. Often invincible units occur. We play level prince.

In single player games there are no such problems. Compared to multiplayer, single player games are just a joke.

We observed that in earlier versions, but the reported combat chances were with version 2.040y.

Add one more to the list of great reasons not to play multiplayer (which, by the way, are probably why no one noticed this until now.)

Another issue regarding invisible units. Golems with Fire 2 and Invis in enemy territory. Cast fireball, the Golem and the fireball is instantly moved back into my borders, thereby making the entire invisible golem thing pretty useless. I suppose it could be a feature making you attack with the golems without using fireball, but I didn't bother and just marched the now-visible stack back into enemy lands. Latest patch and all that (y).

I suspect that the Black Wind isn't attacked because it is technically a hero unit. The code won't always defend with the strongest unit if the strongest unit is a hero. This is done on purpose to ensure that your hero isn't overwhelmed by weaker troops. So I suspect that it is unlikely the Black Wind will defend.

Best wishes,

Breunor

BUT the guardsman promo will kill off any unit (that has it) because it seems they will always defend no matter how hurt they are..., so keep it off your heros...

Another issue regarding invisible units. Golems with Fire 2 and Invis in enemy territory. Cast fireball, the Golem and the fireball is instantly moved back into my borders, thereby making the entire invisible golem thing pretty useless. I suppose it could be a feature making you attack with the golems without using fireball, but I didn't bother and just marched the now-visible stack back into enemy lands. Latest patch and all that (y).

I assume that before casting Fireball that you were already at war with this opponent, correct?

Add one more to the list of great reasons not to play multiplayer (which, by the way, are probably why no one noticed this until now.)

If you dont play multiplayer most of the game features are pointless, because the AI is not able to use them.

With lumbermills closer in the tech tree, the AI is not chopping any forests, and just making lumbermills regardless of their need for some farms or cottages. Ever since that change, it's been much more difficult to keep them financially sound.

version 0.40y

i accidentally destroyed Orthus' Axe in my current game.

Orthus had conquered Aurics capital, wiping him out in the process.
my stooges were already closing in and killed Orthus while he was in the city, leaving an empty city with only Orthus' Axe in it, since they couldn't conquer the city due to hidden nationality. next round i totally spazzed out in my greed and tried to move Moe into the city to grab the axe, leading to: "Your Moe has destroyed a Orthus' Axe!"
ARGGGGHHHHHH :eek:

i've had this happen before with workers and settlers, where it's strange enough, but it should never ever happen with items.

and while we are talking about Aurics capital: what the hell is wrong with the settle AI?

see attached screenshot. the circles are the places i would have considered for settling, with red probably winning out and blue being the location for the first produced settler. but seriously, in that area the AI had to try very very hard to find a place with absolutely NO food resources in the BFC.

i guess this isn't a FfH problem, as the AI in vanilla BtS shows similar ******ation when it comes to choosing city locations. but since the FfH armageddon counter adds additional punishment for razing and resettling cities it makes it that much more annoying.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 146
Isn't Garduk the Illian capital? AI does not think about the capital location at all, it just trusts the map generator and plumps its first settler where he stands.

Isn't Garduk the Illian capital? AI does not think about the capital location at all, it just trusts the map generator and plumps its first settler where he stands.
that just means the initial settler should be placed better. a capital city should always be a good or excellent city.
though i have seen similar crap from normally settled city, though possibly not quite that bad. my impression so far was that the settle AI only considers the first city borders, instead of planning the city for the BFC, though that is just a guess.

see attached screenshot. the circles are the places i would have considered for settling, with red probably winning out and blue being the location for the first produced settler. but seriously, in that area the AI had to try very very hard to find a place with absolutely NO food resources in the BFC.

The best place would be on the plot with mana node (water, pig, dragon bones, silk). I hate the script that place mana node always near first settler location :/

Top Bottom