1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy Mod: Public Beta thread

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by DJ Bonebraker, Jan 2, 2009.

1. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

Yes, yest it is! :lol:

For those who may not know what Storm is talking about:

http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=081227

OK, I'll see about making the changes, then.... I may have to start over on my FF mod story, but hopefully Tannicious Fox and the others will understand....

2. Ogedei_the_Mad

Ogedei_the_Mad Caffeinated Khagan

I think having two settlers from the start can help even things out a bit. It seems at lower difficulty levels, the AI tends to treat the capital initially as a unit factory. ;)

@Stormrage:
    Not all FFs went into the modern/future age either. ;)

3. DJ Bonebraker

OK guys, updated biq, fixed pedia and slightly altered unit folder for the "Gnomish Workers" is attached to the first post... Let me know what you think!

4. Pounder

Pounder Phaethon was here

5. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

Bring them to your capital.

I think it has to be treasure hunter mode.

6. Pounder

I'm not in Treasure Hunter Mode, I didn't select it at the beginning of the game, but I still have a town producing a treasure chest every so many turns.

I can link it to a unit and take it to the capital, but I can't unlink the treasure from the unit at the capital.

7. DJ Bonebraker

Yeah, the game will still auto-produce flag units, even if you aren't in "Treasure Hunter" a.k.a. capture the flag mode. You can only cash them in for money and points in capture the flag mode...

I wanted to force the game into capture the flag mode, but then it would also lock all other settings (i.e. respawn AI players, regicide, etc), so I just reccommended setting "treasure hunters" as your default mode in the first post.

8. Pounder

9. DJ Bonebraker

No, I didn't... That SHOULD be easy enough for folks to change on their own, at least until the NEXT major update..... Not to mention that I'd like to wait a bit for any further unit typo bugs to surface (not that there should be many, what with the thorough testing this mod's gotten prior to release) or other such errors to come up.

You might want to let Aaglo know as well (or at least post something on the thread to let others know), since it is his unit.

10. alex9988

alex9988 Chieftain

Well hikaro, I never thought I'd like Mako Cannons so much ^^

I played all the way through as Vector. It's a very fun scenario and I couldnt find any real issues with it besides some of the spelling errors, which are very minor. I found the AI uses a lot of Spiders and Dinosaurs, which I thought to be less FF realated. With this said, it's a great scenario and I can't wait until the final version comes out. Congratulations!

11. Hooray

Hooray Civ3 Cartographer

I can't believe this is finally out after so long. Downloading immediately. :dance:

I made maps for FF8 and FF9. I wouldn't be surprised if the files for those were broken, though, so I'll hunt out my old threads soon and reupload if necessary.

EDIT: The files seem to be good, and I went ahead and bumped the threads for them.

EDIT 2: I'm getting really frustrated here. The mod will not even start. It says I'm missing a pediaicons entry in ICON_BLDG_Shrine. This seems to be the same problem that Ogedei_The_Mad was having. Hey Ogedei, would you mind posting the exact changes you made? Nothing I do seems to work.

12. DJ Bonebraker

Check your Scenario Search path... You might need to add a space between the Final and Fantasy in the folder name.... I thought I fixed that, but I'll make doubly sure that's fixed next update.

So, here's a list of bugs still needing fixed (not counting incomplete or otherwise screwed-up civilopedia info):

Change the NagaSoceressDefault.flc to NagaSorceressDefault.Flc for the Lamia (Done)

Double-check to make sure that the Scenario search path folder name is correct... Make sure it's "Final Fantasy"

Change the AVALANCHE Freedom Fighter so she ONLY requires IRON (like every other Dragoon type unit), not Iron AND Saltpeter.

13. Hooray

Hooray Civ3 Cartographer

I renamed the folder to Final Fantasy rather than FinalFantasy. The message about ICON_BLDG_Shrine is still showing up. I also made sure that the names for the various shrine .pcx files match up exactly to the entries in pediaicons.txt. I don't know what else I can do.

14. DJ Bonebraker

Is your Conquests v 1.22? I don't know what else could be the problem....

....Unless your download got corrupted, but then again, if you downloaded the latest Pediaicon.txt and Biq zip, everything should be in place...

Could you PLEASE post the EXACT wording of the error message (a screenshot would be even better), and maybe I could make heads or tails out of it... It MAY very well be that something got installed into the wrong folder or something like that, or somehow you got the mod installed into a Final Fantasy\Final Fantasy\ folder somehow.....

15. Hooray

Hooray Civ3 Cartographer

Screenshot:

:blush: Actually, uh... I'll be right back.

EDIT: That was exactly the problem. The error message is really misleading. It should just say it can't find PediaIcons.txt at all instead of fixating on the first entry it can't find in the BIQ.

Also, I haven't downloaded any mods for over a year now, so I hope that somewhat excuses my idiocy in unzipping the folder incorrectly.

16. DJ Bonebraker

Hey, it happens to the best of us. ;)

BTW, what do you think of my story in the Stories and Tales forum? I still can't believe that somehow, just by random chance on a SMALL map, no less, I got THREE complete Final Fantasy Games represented:

FF V: Kingdom of Tycoon (me)

FF VII: AVALANCHE & Shinra Corporation

FF VIII: Esthar, Galbadia and Garden

Also, as things would work out, I've got exactly TWO each of every alignment:

Good: Garden & AVALANCHE

Neutral: Tycoon (me) & Esthar

Evil: Shinra & Galbadia

17. Hooray

Hooray Civ3 Cartographer

This is my first time at the forums in many, many months, so I haven't seen your story yet. I'll be sure to read it soon.

Started a game as Lesalia, by the way. I've already been attacked by AVALANCHE and the Dark Warriors in the ancient age.

18. Ogedei_the_Mad

Bit of a big bump here, but I've been noticed a few things will playing (and essentially using most of my free time :D ) the FF Mod:

-Hokuten Knight entry has a few errors: Dycedarg is Ramza's older brother, not father. Ramza's father was Balbanes; Dycedarg assasinated Balbanes. Ramza didn't take charge of the Hokuten Knights, ever (although those that follow you in the game are presumably former Hokuten Knights because they still have Hokuten colors). The Hokuten Knights were Prince Larg's knights under the leadership of Zalbag Beoulve, younger brother of Dycedarg and older brother of Ramza.

-Treasures: I've noticed that at lower difficulty levels, the AI doesn't have the slightest clue as to what to do with treasures. :crazyeye:

-Mass Transit?: There's no way to get rid of population pollution. What happened to the Mass Transit improvement? :eek:

19. DJ Bonebraker

I'll see about fixing that sometime

I've noticed that, myself, and it's particularly frustrating since I flagged all treasure-producing buildings as "AI" flavor and gave the "AI" flavor to ALL civs, on top of which I set it so that AI, Good, Neutral and Evil flavors all had a +100% relation TOWARDS AI flavor tagged items. :aargh: Still, they won't build them.. I MAY have to poke around the Age of Discovery scenario to see how they got it to work there.....

Well, You won't get population pollution UNTIL you have 24 citizens in a city. The way I figured it, you can only work 20 tiles, and if you're smart, then you'll set things up so that you only have each town getting enough food to have 20-24 citizens (not to mention that also unless you are in a heavy Flood Plain location, getting above 24 citizens is a mite difficult), although I could add mass transit back, my aim was originally to ELIMINATE population pollution, so I may just have some dummy building that requires a dummy tech that no one has to prevent anyone from getting above 24 citizens per city. OR adding Hospitals back in and flagging them with the "removes population pollution" tag.

Unfortunately, due to school and finding out this week that my mom has cancer and being at the hospital with her when I can, I've had to all but give up on playing or modding Civ III right now... All I have time for right now is quick dungeon raid sessions in FF Crystal Chronicles right now... I'll try to get back to work on the FF mod, and more importantly, my FF mod story, once things settle down a bit.

20. Ogedei_the_Mad

That's tough. :( Better tend to real life concerns first. Civ is just a hobby after all.