Final Fantasy Mod: Public Beta thread

I know you're pretty preoccupied with other stuff right now, but I'll just make a mention of this for when you are able to get back into Civ3:

-There's a crash involving the Dragon units; it appears to be that the game can't find the sound files and the text refers to a "Dragon Sounds" folder that doesn't exist.

I know you're pretty preoccupied with other stuff right now, but I'll just make a mention of this for when you are able to get back into Civ3:

-There's a crash involving the Dragon units; it appears to be that the game can't find the sound files and the text refers to a "Dragon Sounds" folder that doesn't exist.

Thanks, I'll look into it right away (since I happen to be playing a game as Tycoon and they use one of the Dragon units).

... I checked and it's only affecting Bahamut Zero (White Dragon)... I've attached a fixed White Dragon.ini file to replace the bad one.

The problem can also be fixed by copying the Dragon Sounds folder from the Warhammer Fantasy mod.... That's what I get by "saving time" and grabbing the unit from the WH mod instead of downloading it... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• White Dragon.zip
    641 bytes · Views: 90
sorry that this is a huge bump but I have been playing your FF mod for several months now and I have to say that I wish that I had the time and resources to do something like this (I work at RavenSoft), kudos to you

sorry that this is a huge bump but I have been playing your FF mod for several months now and I have to say that I wish that I had the time and resources to do something like this (I work at RavenSoft), kudos to you

Thanks! I'm planning on doing some updates and PROPERLY releasing this mod in the completed Modpacks sub-forum (at minimum, I gotta finish up the UI graphics), which will include some AI tweaks and such.

BTW, since you guys are responsible for the series, you'd probably be delighted to know that the FIRST game I EVER modded was the ORIGINAL Wolfenstein 3d (which really shows my age :lol: )... I changed all the SS troopers uniforms to black, the grunts to green (late WWII style) and the dogs into robots.... Ahh, good times.

There are several Final Fantasy maps available in the maps section... All you have to do is download them and choose "Import Rules From" option in the editor....

I barely have enough time to work on my Civ III STORY or the MAIN Final Fantasy mod, let alone go through the long, drawn-out and highly frustrating process of building a map from scratch.

I already have the FF maps. But which biq do I load first ? The map or yours ? And when importing the settings which of them ? The map only ? All of them should make no sense. Sorry for stupidy ,but I`ve never done it.

Load the map. Import the rules from Hikaro's scenario. It would probably be a good idea to randomize (and tinker) with the resource placements, and place your own player starting locations.

There are several Final Fantasy maps available in the maps section... All you have to do is download them and choose "Import Rules From" option in the editor....

I barely have enough time to work on my Civ III STORY or the MAIN Final Fantasy mod, let alone go through the long, drawn-out and highly frustrating process of building a map from scratch.

Ahhhhh,OK.

I found a problem, it says it cant load the marinerun file. other than that it is a fantastic mod! all of that time you put into it was worth it. :goodjob:

Also I know you're very busy but I have a sugestion:
Im an Esthar person to get that out of the way, I was wondering in the age of machina could you make the Esthar cities look more esthar-like.

Attachments

• what the.jpg
    what the.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 113
OK, looks like the Unit INI for NavyDawg's Future Era Marine (Esthar Soldier) is messed up...

I'll try to fix it ASAP.

As for the cities... Unfortunately Civ III has a hard-coded limit on 5 city types, so I decided to put the Final Fantasy VII and VIII cities together (since they were fairly close to each other), the Final Fantasy Tactics/half of the rest of the World of Ivalice/Final Fantasy IX cities in another group, the Final Fantasy I, II, IV, V, VI/other European/Elvish style cities in a third group, the Aht Urghan/Final Fantasy X/other half of the WOrld of Ivalice/Final Fantasy III cities in the fourth group and everything else (Windhurst and most of the Evil factions) in the last group...

It's not perfect, but the best that I could do with what I had to work with.

EDIT: YUP! The INI file for NavyDawg's Alien Marine is messed up... It doesn't have the full path for the MarinesRun.amb file...

I'm currently fixing that and other misc bugs/adding in the "new" king units I created + the updated Steam Tank graphics...

As soon as the patch is done, I'll upload it to the first page.... Just download it and unzip it (along with the latest Civilopedia & BIQ zip, which will be uploaded concurrently) into your Civ 3 Conquests scenario folder.

Okay, I've fixed all the known bugs up to this point and added a few more updates and tweaks.... File is attached to the first post. ;)

I tried it out and it works perfectly. :goodjob:
As far as the cities go, oh well theres nothing that can be done if its hard coded into the program. Thanks for hearing me out though.:)
I have another suggestion though, i'm not sure if the artillery sprite was changed yet but if it wasn't, would mobile type 8 work there?

Which Bad Guy was Mobile Type 8? Currently, I'm using one of Wyrm's generic WWI Heavy Artillery (105mm, IIRC) for the Artillery....

It's been way too long since I've had time to play any of the FF games (I'm also trying to remember whether Mobile Type 8 was in VII or VIII)...

mobile type 8 was the esthar mech unit in lunatic Pandora
if not artillery it might fit in better as a magitech unit...
...and as far as the cities go maybe add the esthar city sprite in as a city with a large population, because esthar city did take up most of a continent in ff VIII.

Attachments

• 150px-MobileType8.jpg
    150px-MobileType8.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 89
Right.... If I had the model for that contraption and/or the time to make a unit off of it, it would be better suited for an Esthar-flavored MOBILE ARTILLERY (4th era) replacement rather than regular Artillery (3rd era)....

As you no doubt can see from my using some generic future-era trooper for the Esthar Soldier, trying to find suitable units and/or models, especially for Estahri stuff, is a bit problematic (It was just sheer, dumb luck that Aaglo's Manbot looked so much like the Gesper, and Orthanc is to thank for the Ragnarok spaceship....)

If you are willing to look into adding Mobile type 8 as a unit I made the standing file for it... (my modding skills are pretty amateur but tell me what you think of it):) It is only a gif image.

Attachments

• Mobile type 8 .zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 89
While I appreciate the gesture, unfortunately, that won't work very well.... You see, even a simple artillery piece (which have the fewest needed animations for any unit due to the fact that they only bombard) still requires at least 5 separate animations: Default, Fortify, Run, Attack A, and Death (if it gets captured by a faction that can't build it and/or disbanded)...

Each of these animations (if you want your unit looking at least halfways decent) must face 8 different directions, and about the LEAST amount of frames you can get away with for an animation is about 10 frames per direction, which amounts to 80 frames * 5 animations or 400 frames that need to be rendered and converted into Civ III compatible FLC files.

In addition, you need a large pedia icon, a small pedia icon and a Units_32.pcx icon (for when you pick the unit from the build list in the city screen or for seeing what's inside a loaded transport ship).

...and that is the BARE minimum... Most creators also include a Fidget animation and a Victory animation to spice things up a bit.

While I could POTENTIALLY build the model for the Mobile Type 8 in Bryce, it would take a lot of time and effort, which I really don't have at the moment, what with school, work and helping my mom out because she's going through some heavy-duty chemo right now and is rather strictly limited to what she can do around the house.

...Besides, I've got other priority issues even when I do have the time, the first of which is finally getting around to FINISHING THE DADGUM CHOCOBO LINE.... That, IMO takes priority over all other unit-related items for this mod....

ok, i thought id try though. im still pretty new at this game so, i might go and learn a bit about making models for civ 3 then try again.

Top Bottom