Final Fixes Reborn

Some of those other ones are excellent. :)

Having some issues here, searching through stuff didn't help (though it is always possible I just didn't use the right search terms); Was running into the "Promoting slave to battle sluga in cities crashes game" bug and looking for an answer saw that it's been fixed through svn; ran through the instructions listed in the first post and started up, made a new game, and it seems the sluga promotion isn't an issue anymore.
...Because now it seems all of the abilities just don't work. My familiars have the "enslave worker" ability and it dose nothing, and a slave I captured doesn't even have "enslave worker" and "promote to sluga" does nothing. In addition, I can't seem to assign workers to overseers, the option doesn't even appear (similar to my slave's lack of an enslave worker ability). I haven't actually played far enough to see if "promote to battle sluga" exists as an option or does anything, also. Svn lists a lot of files with an exclamation mark, which I believe I read means that it needs to be updated, but doing an update does nothing to any of them.

Another thing I noticed while going through modmods was an error I couldn't find on the forums either:
Can't move some modules.png

Because of this I can't enable or disable modmods at all, and due to the apparent conflicts of three of them that makes me worried.

Let me know of anything further needed to help with this.

Edit: just tried starting the game up again, and those conflicts are showing up on start up, giving multiple "element is used but not declared" errors. That wasn't an issue until I went into the module manager and updated the schema files in hopes of a fix. Guessing it's a conflict with svn?

Last edited:
@black_imperator: I haven't played the SVN, so didn't know that you'd added names and quotes for some of the Healers.

@black_imperator and @Llewen: If either of you is speaking about the names and quotes I suggested, then thanks. I didn't make up the quotes, of course, just anagrammed the names of the corresponding actors (and one character) to go with any given quote. I had fun doing it, even if none of them ultimately makes into the mod. And if there's a name you like but don't like the related quote, feel free to mix and match.

I had the same experience back when Kael was soliciting suggestions for common events and later when Valkrionn did the same for RifE. Making up events was fun, even if none of my event suggestions made it into either FfH2 or RifE.

Having some issues here, searching through stuff didn't help (though it is always possible I just didn't use the right search terms); Was running into the "Promoting slave to battle sluga in cities crashes game" bug and looking for an answer saw that it's been fixed through svn; ran through the instructions listed in the first post and started up, made a new game, and it seems the sluga promotion isn't an issue anymore.
...Because now it seems all of the abilities just don't work. My familiars have the "enslave worker" ability and it dose nothing, and a slave I captured doesn't even have "enslave worker" and "promote to sluga" does nothing. In addition, I can't seem to assign workers to overseers, the option doesn't even appear (similar to my slave's lack of an enslave worker ability). I haven't actually played far enough to see if "promote to battle sluga" exists as an option or does anything, also. Svn lists a lot of files with an exclamation mark, which I believe I read means that it needs to be updated, but doing an update does nothing to any of them.

Another thing I noticed while going through modmods was an error I couldn't find on the forums either:
View attachment 459427
Because of this I can't enable or disable modmods at all, and due to the apparent conflicts of three of them that makes me worried.

Let me know of anything further needed to help with this.

Edit: just tried starting the game up again, and those conflicts are showing up on start up, giving multiple "element is used but not declared" errors. That wasn't an issue until I went into the module manager and updated the schema files in hopes of a fix. Guessing it's a conflict with svn?
i'm quite certain that the update schema option from the launcher isn't working correctly. delete xml and modules folder and Update to clean it up.

As for the mekara abilities, i'll check, i do seem to have issues with them too, though not the ones you've described ( i just don't see the sluga abilities appear). more on that later this week.

@black_imperator: I haven't played the SVN, so didn't know that you'd added names and quotes for some of the Healers.

@black_imperator and @Llewen: If either of you is speaking about the names and quotes I suggested, then thanks. I didn't make up the quotes, of course, just anagrammed the names of the corresponding actors (and one character) to go with any given quote. I had fun doing it, even if none of them ultimately makes into the mod. And if there's a name you like but don't like the related quote, feel free to mix and match.

I had the same experience back when Kael was soliciting suggestions for common events and later when Valkrionn did the same for RifE. Making up events was fun, even if none of my event suggestions made it into either FfH2 or RifE.
i'd love to go back to doing some events, especially some early ones we're missing dearly, but it takes time and i don't really have enough of it already ^^ (i'll take a look at some of your old ones to see if there's anything that inspires me)

i'd love to go back to doing some events, especially some early ones we're missing dearly, but it takes time and i don't really have enough of it already ^^ (i'll take a look at some of your old ones to see if there's anything that inspires me)

I wasn't trying to make a pitch for my own event suggestions, please don't misunderstand, just saying that it was fun coming up with Healer names and quotes, just as it was fun coming up with events, regardless of whether they make it into the mod or not.

And I agree that adding more events is probably a low priority. Plenty of interesting suggestions in both Kael's original thread and then Valkrionn's, though, if and when you have the time.

No, i got that, don't worry. It's just that if i start looking at adding some old events,i might as well start by looking at suggestions from people who are still around to be able to discuss them. (discussing ideas and designs is a major part of my work process )

i'm quite certain that the update schema option from the launcher isn't working correctly. delete xml and modules folder and Update to clean it up.

As for the mekara abilities, i'll check, i do seem to have issues with them too, though not the ones you've described ( i just don't see the sluga abilities appear). more on that later this week.

Thanks for the assist, that did it just fine. I'll just play other nations for now, 's not like there's a lack of them.

I'm not sure if this has been reported but the Legion of D'Tesh can't build (or upgrade to) hunters in the latest SVN. This is on the Steam version of Beyond the Sword with AoE being the only mod installed.

Also, the mana display on the left isn't displaying any of the associated graphics..

Also, the mana display on the left isn't displaying any of the associated graphics..
IIRC that's solved by selecting the "original_release_unsupported" beta version. This mod does not support the normal steam version.

IIRC that's solved by selecting the "original_release_unsupported" beta version. This mod does not support the normal steam version.

Thank you very much. That won't do anything for the Hunter issue though, correct?

ok, just commited a large bug fixing update, including the hunter one ( though that one is only a temporary thing).

I was gonna add the sect of flies pedia suggestion that was given a few days ago but i uncovered the original sect of flied pedia which apparently was disabled. Haven't decided yet which one i'm keeping

Haven't modified any of them that I'm aware of.
How do I upload them? The site says python files aren't allowed extensions.

Top Bottom