Final Fixes Reborn

at this point, i'm very unsure of what's happening to you. The usual steam issue are generally with the svn version only.( i assume that svn interferes with some of the steam processes) Since what you're describing seems to happen to both versions, i'm at a loss of what it is. You also said it doesn't repeat with saves so i can't diagnose it directly. Hopefully the logs will show me what it may be.

Hi again!

I started a new game to enjoy, and for the second time in my life my whole civ was wiped out (two cities with all the humble units in the early game - warriors, one elite expert elven archer obtained from an event that has withstood all other encounters easily, and my Great Prophet) by some demonic Shadow. Well, really, you just live, and all out of blue you have your city attacked by a demonic Shadow, there is no way to protect the capital... It is lost to barbarians... The Shadow came too overpowered, and in this battle learned even more... And in a couple of turns the same Shadow visits your other, last city, attacks it and destroys. Bum. End.

Any suggestions? =)

How much of More Naval AI's bugfixes and AI improvements have been implemented here?
In general, how much interaction there is between the still active FFH modmods?

Bugfixes, most of them normally. AI improvements, i'm doing them incrementally. I should be done with most of the magic stuff soon. As for a general interaction, in addition to the AI work from MNAI, i do occasionally take inspiration from Magister's lore mod, (most recently with the underworld stuff).

The Shadow itself, being, invisible, is cool because it makes you fear any tile =) But it is probably worth making a revision of that, for example, that it cannot enter cultured lands or attack cities.

Or ok, it can attack a city once and gets destroyed as if it were a fireball... Something. Please? =)

i finally worked out what was causing my ctd's after rev293. i had 2 of derf's aofe modules installed (saila and noggormotha) and the update seemed to break something (badly...). i'm not sure what was changed that could have affected them so much, but reloading a working save minus the mods put everything right. interestingly, removing the mods and starting a new game did NOT work. insta-crash.

Just to be certain it's not my mods causing it, you may want to re-test with a fresh install of AoE. What might be causing it is that my modules haven't been updated in a while, and may be having lasting effects even when removed. It shouldn't be the case, of course, but I haven't been keeping up with updates and changes.

I'll try and get on updating them to fix that when I get the chance. Broken wrist doesn't make that easy, but will take a look.

no worries. sorry about your wrist (now what have you been doing....?). something in the rev update from 283 up seems to have affected them, but i can't imagine what.

I slipped on wet floor and landed right on my wrist when I fell. Had to have surgery to remove bone fragments, on my dominant hand too. 6 weeks of frustration at not being able to do so much

for the keepers, all the art links are broken due to the download folder not having the expected name. (the folder name of the module should simply be noggormotha ).

In addition, there seems to be a loading issue if there is too much content in the module section ( seems to be a folder size). Having both hamstalfar and noggomortha in the module folder makes the game crash, but having only one of those is ok.

if it's just a size issue, it'll be an easy fix, i'll move all art files to main folder.
Edit 2 : it seems to take into account the inactive modules folder too for some reason

I wonder if that's the same issue I was running into with Scions healthcare?

Hi guys,
been a while since I played AoE ,-) .
I would like to see some improvements of the Chislev civ as their indian background has big potential to improve this civic with some content the chislev look a bit boring right now.
Some thought:
- Graveyards in own territory should give a bonus,- commerce for example and they should not be able to be destroyed by other civics without declaration of war as it would be a heavy insult to the chislev.
- Maybe give warriors an own title like tribe warrior and a small boost in their fighting skills, at the moment chislev look weak in endgame so their early units should be stronger for an advanced start.
- As there are no real unique units there should be furter improvements too, maybe archer classes should be stronger as the chislef are defence focused nation and there should be some unique archer classes too with wind magic skills for example
- If Chislev destroy a city there could be spawn of settlers and/or supplies
- Second hero: Spirit of Winds (as chislev pretend to be very spirtual they should have a spirit as hero too)
- Like Charadons civic has a chance to spawn animals per turn, maybe chislev should have the chance to get phantoms, spirits etc.
- special tile improvement: tent ... could be a boost of production hammers
- As the chislev are bound to the land and know it very well,- extra movement speed for meele and/or scouting /archer units

That ´s just a few considerations by myself, maybe you like some of them and put them in game, would be great :).

Last edited:
Top Bottom