Final Fixes Reborn

that's a weird one. Cannot do much from the save, from what i can see, you get access to some free bonus from somewhere which somehow doesn't get displayed (that's most likely a different bug). i cannot do much without knowing where it came from ( what would help is the last save before you see the change).

Ah, shame. I'll try to be more observant next time it happens.

is there an example in that save you gave me ?

Yup. The first tile east of Dis, bottom right corner of the map. I think there is a mage or two with sanctify nearby. I've now also encountered the same problem with Mount Kalshekk (at the very tip of the continent, southeast of Dis, still demon controlled in that save).

Bugs:
  1. Trade routes can't be drawn across Blackwater and Blighted Coast. I assume this isn't intended behaviour.
Issues and concerns:
  1. Many of Khazad's (and some of Luchuirp's) UUs start with Dwarven, meaning that when upgrading captured units into these, they all change race as well...
  2. Casting Hunter's Prize with a water creature when your capital is landlocked causes them to become stuck there for the rest of the game (unless you move the capital and recast the spell). I don't know what the best way of tackling this problem would be, though. Maybe making Gate Mode (i.e. Airlift) available to water creatures as well?

Yup. The first tile east of Dis, bottom right corner of the map. I think there is a mage or two with sanctify nearby. I've now also encountered the same problem with Mount Kalshekk (at the very tip of the continent, southeast of Dis, still demon controlled in that save).
No issue on my end, somehow.
  1. Trade routes can't be drawn across Blackwater and Blighted Coast. I assume this isn't intended behaviour.
That is an oversight but now that i've discovered it, i'm tempted to give trade access to those terrain with Infernal Pact.

Issues and concerns:
  1. Many of Khazad's (and some of Luchuirp's) UUs start with Dwarven, meaning that when upgrading captured units into these, they all change race as well...

On the other hand, even if i'm removing the dwarven promo, they'll still upgrade to the UU which have dwarven art. So i'm not sure of how to handle that.

[*]Casting Hunter's Prize with a water creature when your capital is landlocked causes them to become stuck there for the rest of the game (unless you move the capital and recast the spell). I don't know what the best way of tackling this problem would be, though. Maybe making Gate Mode (i.e. Airlift) available to water creatures as well?
I'll probably tweak the spell to move the sea creatures to the first city with sea access

Last edited:
Some test images.
Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG NifscopePaladin.png

As far as the cape goes I've been meaning to make into a mechanos cog thing. But the original model is textured in such a way that the cape and chest pieces are symmetrical. As in, I could make a gear but it would need to be just one gear as opposed to the mechanos flag. And I wanted to check with you for that.

As for the cyborg thing frankly it's something I'd want to do for a lot of things but I was afraid that might be overstepping it. If I have your permission I am all for that. Like one of the ideas I had (assuming I can make it work) is to reskin the horses used for knights...

As far as the cape goes I've been meaning to make into a mechanos cog thing. But the original model is textured in such a way that the cape and chest pieces are symmetrical. As in, I could make a gear but it would need to be just one gear as opposed to the mechanos flag. And I wanted to check with you for that.
Yeah just one gear will work
As for the cyborg thing frankly it's something I'd want to do for a lot of things but I was afraid that might be overstepping it. If I have your permission I am all for that. Like one of the ideas I had (assuming I can make it work) is to reskin the horses used for knights...

as long as we don't overuse it, i'm ok with it, only slight touches and for the highest units ^^ ( for the horses, that could be nice, yes)

The only unit I can really see going all mechanical nightmare on us would be the Eidolon. Again, if I can make it work.

Does this work for the cape? I decided a single cog would be too boring given that the original model has the nice full length texturing.
Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

No issue on my end, somehow.

Interesting. Does that mean that there exists no protections at all for improved hell resources from sanctifying, and I just misinterpretted the bug on my side, or is there but it's not acting buggy on permanent improvements on your side?

That is an oversight but now that i've discovered it, i'm tempted to give trade access to those terrain with Infernal Pact.

Yeah, I'm actually all for making hell terrain act more hellish. Right now we only have the Burning Sands feeling remotely threatening. Your cities survive just fine sitting amidst lands described as having all plant life wither and die, and apart from demons getting a +10% combat modifier in them, they're no more dangerous than your average grasslands tile...

On the other hand, even if i'm removing the dwarven promo, they'll still upgrade to the UU which have dwarven art. So i'm not sure of how to handle that.

It wouldn't be the first instance of having the wrong race for a unit, and all UUs which other units can upgrade to already share this problem. I'd say handling it takes a pretty low priority.

I'll probably tweak the spell to move the sea creatures to the first city with sea access

Sounds good.

Interesting. Does that mean that there exists no protections at all for improved hell resources from sanctifying, and I just misinterpretted the bug on my side, or is there but it's not acting buggy on permanent improvements on your side?
No protection at all as far as i can see.

Yeah, I'm actually all for making hell terrain act more hellish. Right now we only have the Burning Sands feeling remotely threatening. Your cities survive just fine sitting amidst lands described as having all plant life wither and die, and apart from demons getting a +10% combat modifier in them, they're no more dangerous than your average grasslands tile...
then it is done, Infernal pact now gives trade access for Blighted Coast and blackwater

Expect more models during the day, so stay tuned. Right now I am fiddling about to see if I can do something to make a horse look mechanical. Would you be opposed to the mechanos knight having a bit less armor than other knights btw? Like basically I found a nice horse model (no horse armor) that I could use but it's tied in with a lightly armored cuirassier style body as opposed to a heavy knight. On the plus side it'd look very similar to the dragoon.

This is a hard one, but I think I've almost figured the mechanical horse part out. I'll upload it once I've done the testing and than I'll fiddle with the rider later. That ok?

Well congratulations for that. In celebration, have a horse.

Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPGNifscopeKnight.PNG

As far as the rider goes I have not touched him at all, other than try (and fail) in some experimentation with the shield color. But you can see what I meant when I said he was sort of mechanos styled kind of like the dragoon. Do you have anything particular you'd like to see on him? Should I maybe like replace the head with a closed helmet or try to add more armor?

Also, do you think I should try and tune the metalic shine down a bit? The last image is how the file looks in nifscope without any.

Also, in case you were wondering I based it off the dutch knight from VD.

Last edited:
I am glad you like it. I dare say it's my best work yet. I need to take a break since I've spent the last 4 hours fiddling with the horse but I'll get to the rest of the armor by tomorrow.

Top Bottom