Final Fixes Reborn

no, i meant a text label like what's containing the name of the UF. Bu don't mind that, i've seen last night how Caveman2Cosmos does it and i can automatize it so i'll do that for next commit.

Will we be able to delete or hide them? Because while having a sign on top of UFs is good, but I don't think a +1 commerce bonus justifies cluttering my interface...

I can't seem to get a Great Commander to actually join with any units

If you're new to the mod, Great Commanders don't work like they do in BtS. Instead of joining the GC to a unit, units "join" the GC by using the "Join Commander" ability. They remain separate entities, but the commander gains a fraction of the XP of its minion units, and when it levels up, it can gain promotions which grant bonuses to its minion units for as long as they're nearby.

I get options saying emergent traits have popped up, replacing an "important status". I don't know what important means, but I'm not actually getting the traits. (No raider promotion on recon units)

There are three types of leaders: Historical (mostly the core FFH leaders, usually have two basic traits each), Emergent (have one special trait which levels up through 3 levels) and Important, which start with 1 trait but get the option to pick a second trait a bit into the early game. Once they've picked a trait, they lose their ability to pick more traits, which is what replacing the Important status means.

Edit: Well, I found the issue with the Mekara slaves. You had it requiring BUILDING_PAGAN_TEMPLE_MEKARA, which it never seemed to find. Oddly, when I changed it to BUILDINGCLASS_PAGAN_TEMPLE it would work for captured workers, but not slaves. When I just removed the building requirement entirely though, it worked for both.

Have you made sure that you have a Slave Pens in the city and haven't reached the maximum number of settled slaves already?

I haven't followed all the changes being made to Emergent Leaders, but does Ophelia Rosenthal now start with the Necromancer Trait? I'm playing as the Bannor, not the Scions, and anyway the 'pedia just says that she starts with the Strategist Trait only.

I think that's a bug that I've experienced too. In my Reorx game, he suddenly acquired some trait, I can't remember which, and kept it for the rest of the game. It wasn't an election trait, and I don't remember any event which could be the culprit, but since I had no idea of when it first happened, I felt I didn't have enough on my feet to report it...

EDIT:
Right, Strategist was the trait Reorx somehow acquired, and in my current game, Angaad has somehow acquired Scorched Earth...

I want to see more religion interaction, so Religions it is.

Last edited:
Will we be able to delete or hide them? Because while having a sign on top of UFs is good, but I don't think a +1 commerce bonus justifies cluttering my interface...

If you're new to the mod, Great Commanders don't work like they do in BtS. Instead of joining the GC to a unit, units "join" the GC by using the "Join Commander" ability. They remain separate entities, but the commander gains a fraction of the XP of its minion units, and when it levels up, it can gain promotions which grant bonuses to its minion units for as long as they're nearby.

There are three types of leaders: Historical (mostly the core FFH leaders, usually have two basic traits each), Emergent (have one special trait which levels up through 3 levels) and Important, which start with 1 trait but get the option to pick a second trait a bit into the early game. Once they've picked a trait, they lose their ability to pick more traits, which is what replacing the Important status means.

Have you made sure that you have a Slave Pens in the city and haven't reached the maximum number of settled slaves already?

I think that's a bug that I've experienced too. In my Reorx game, he suddenly acquired some trait, I can't remember which, and kept it for the rest of the game. It wasn't an election trait, and I don't remember any event which could be the culprit, but since I had no idea of when it first happened, I felt I didn't have enough on my feet to report it...

EDIT:
Right, Strategist was the trait Reorx somehow acquired, and in my current game, Angaad has somehow acquired Scorched Earth...

I know how the Great Commanders should be working. They were working properly before downloading the svn version. The button to join units to the commander isn't showing up anymore.

I don't think you read what I said about the trait. I get the popup telling me I am earning a new trait, and I have gotten it 3 times now. Once for Spiritual, once for Raider, once for Aggressive. Each time I've said yes, but I've yet to see any results from the traits.

Yes, I have Slave Pens. Considering I haven't been able to settle a single slave, yea, I'm pretty sure I haven't reached the max. I'm curious, did you actually try playing as the Mekara with the latest svn, and are able to settle slaves? Or are you just looking at the code/civilopedia?

i don't think it happens often enough to consider that a clutter, i'll see if it can be deleted

EDIT:

The 'pedia says that she gets the Deathtouched trait when leading the Scions, but in my current Bannor game she has the Necromancer trait for some reason.
ok, that's not normal, i'll do some tests.

I know how the Great Commanders should be working. They were working properly before downloading the svn version. The button to join units to the commander isn't showing up anymore.

I don't think you read what I said about the trait. I get the popup telling me I am earning a new trait, and I have gotten it 3 times now. Once for Spiritual, once for Raider, once for Aggressive. Each time I've said yes, but I've yet to see any results from the traits.

Yes, I have Slave Pens. Considering I haven't been able to settle a single slave, yea, I'm pretty sure I haven't reached the max. I'm curious, did you actually try playing as the Mekara with the latest svn, and are able to settle slaves? Or are you just looking at the code/civilopedia?
Yeah all of that are symptom of the python bug. Basically, the game stops reading the python file correctly for some reason, and 90% of the mechanics that are handled in python stop working, that include great commanders, the important trait system and most mekara stuff...

I've been looking into it for quite a while, but the error messages aren't incredibly helpful and since it doesn't happen on any of my computers and isn't always repeatable on others', i can't easily test fixes

One for Religions it is.
List of themes is here : https://docs.google.com/document/d/14P90zYvnsodp-PLfRDmAehvX--nuhGV6yhKZMUxy9NI/edit#

I asked these questions because from a programmer perspective, more information is better information and you always have to rule out that the person reporting an issue hasn't just misunderstood how things work. Given, I'm not black_imperator, so you're free to ignore me. ;)

Also, you said you didn't know what "important" means, so I explained it to you.

Got fed up with the ever-mounting heap of crash bugs, abandoned my old save and finally checked out the latest version to start up a new game, so I've got some new issues to report:

Bugs:
  1. The game seems prone to Python errors when starting a Custom Game on Erebus Continent with Living World, Wild Mana and No Liberation game options active. Errors seem to happen when balancing food. Given, I only tried it two or three times, but still.
Issues and Concerns:
  1. On turn 70 (at Immortal difficulty), the demon player spawned a hellhound (with unknown promotions) and three skeletons right in the middle of my territory, right next to my only worker and the archer protecting it, and killed off them both at the sole expense of the hell hound before my turn even rolled around. Hadn't I had the archer, they could very well have razed one of my cities. Immortal difficulty or no, this shouldn't happen.
    EDIT: Wait, now I see what happened. That frustrating thing Loki was running around inside my territory and decided to explore a dungeon which just happened to be there. Grrrr...

Hi, I caught a griffon and gave it a potion for invisibility for save scouting, now it looks like that. If savegame is needed for fix please let me know.
regards

Thx for the new skin Black Imperator, it looks good and much better the nthe red ball .-). There ´s a small bug in the griffon script now. When griffon is invisible and put on free- exploring it randomly attack mobs that stand on fields where you can explore something (like castles, bandit camps etc.) normally invisible scouting units do no not attack or explore on their own will.

When I try to load the frozen in the stable version I get a massive amount of xml errors on loading the mod and in game they're completely broken as a result. So I tried out the SVN version and they do work there but the SVN version runs very poorly in comparison to the stable release, for example in the very beginning game of the stable version there is less than a second delay between turns and in the SVN version there can be up to a 5-8 second delay. Obviously if this stayed that way through the game it wouldn't be a problem but late game I'm sure that will turn into minutes between turns. Any reason this is happening and is there anything I can do to fix it?

When I try to load the frozen in the stable version I get a massive amount of xml errors on loading the mod and in game they're completely broken as a result. So I tried out the SVN version and they do work there but the SVN version runs very poorly in comparison to the stable release, for example in the very beginning game of the stable version there is less than a second delay between turns and in the SVN version there can be up to a 5-8 second delay. Obviously if this stayed that way through the game it wouldn't be a problem but late game I'm sure that will turn into minutes between turns. Any reason this is happening and is there anything I can do to fix it?

ok, try replacing the CvGameCoreDll file in Assets by the one in this zip. Tell me if there's an improvement, i'll make a proper release of it.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 152
the magic of actually updating the modules. If there are other requests, i can update others. (Note that , in most cases, i'll jut maintain them, no intention of merging or adding to them)

That worked the game runs much better now.

Edit: playing as the illians an event stating that barbarians are at the gates and we're doomed and giving me 5 choices keeps popping up, like every other turn with none of the choices actually doing anything. Is this normal?

Edit2: it's actually a number of the events that don't seem to be working properly, catching a spy from another civ and choosing to send her back against them does nothing, chasing the dumping goblins doesn't spawn any, and choosing to hire frostlings when they're spotted doesn't give you any.

Final edit: I found letum frigus as the illians and the second option did nothing, that's not the worst part though. Finally ran into the first civ other than me and the interaction menu was blank so I had to hit escape to close out of it. I'm just going to have to wait till these are fixed. I just hope asking you to fix the performance issue didn't cause this. Sorry if it did.

Last edited:
No it's not the performance issue, it's just that you ran into the random python bug. Basically, the game stops reading python files correctly for reasons currently unknown sometimes... Try clearing your cache, restarting computer, deleting the Assets folder and updating to clean any corrupted file,...

This has been plaguing the svn version for some people, but i've never experienced it myself, which makes it hell to debug ^^

Hey,
I have an issues with animals. They evolve naturally and gain strength in a much too powerful way. I'm now facing (that's an example, but most are like that) a Bear Group, strength 12, +60% base strength (many animals have an innate +60% in addition to their combat promotions, why that?), +100% from combat I-V. Total ... strength 31.
That's just insane. Even my best units get butchered. They are taking a too big part of the game focus, if you understand what I mean. For me animals should be a nuisance, not the main factor preventing your expansion, and that's the case!

I can't for example attack a barbarian city, because there is roughly 8 tiles to cover between my empire and this city. If I cross this gap with my main army, I'll lose probably a dozen units before reaching the city, take it and be safe from rampaging animals (I choose 'timid animals' as a game option, i.e they don't enter national border).
Another example, I had to buy potions of invisibility to my recon units so they have a chance to recon the landscape beyond my borders. I have lost countless of bounty hunters to them (playing Mekara). my BH don't hunt humanoids, they can't because animals are ambushing them. Pegasi with 4 attacks in a row, etc.

So... I don't know if I'm really unlucky, but animals are beyond controls I find.

In the immediate time, and if Black Imperator find them balanced (hopefully not), can a kind soul point me to the python code that makes the animals gain strength over time, I would like to nerf this part, thanks.

No it's not the performance issue, it's just that you ran into the random python bug. Basically, the game stops reading python files correctly for reasons currently unknown sometimes... Try clearing your cache, restarting computer, deleting the Assets folder and updating to clean any corrupted file,...

This has been plaguing the svn version for some people, but i've never experienced it myself, which makes it hell to debug ^^

After doing those 4 things to fix it, I once again replaced the dll and the performance is back to what it was before that.

Last edited:
Hey,
I have an issues with animals. They evolve naturally and gain strength in a much too powerful way. I'm now facing (that's an example, but most are like that) a Bear Group, strength 12, +60% base strength (many animals have an innate +60% in addition to their combat promotions, why that?), +100% from combat I-V. Total ... strength 31.
That's just insane. Even my best units get butchered. They are taking a too big part of the game focus, if you understand what I mean. For me animals should be a nuisance, not the main factor preventing your expansion, and that's the case!

I can't for example attack a barbarian city, because there is roughly 8 tiles to cover between my empire and this city. If I cross this gap with my main army, I'll lose probably a dozen units before reaching the city, take it and be safe from rampaging animals (I choose 'timid animals' as a game option, i.e they don't enter national border).
Another example, I had to buy potions of invisibility to my recon units so they have a chance to recon the landscape beyond my borders. I have lost countless of bounty hunters to them (playing Mekara). my BH don't hunt humanoids, they can't because animals are ambushing them. Pegasi with 4 attacks in a row, etc.

So... I don't know if I'm really unlucky, but animals are beyond controls I find.

In the immediate time, and if Black Imperator find them balanced (hopefully not), can a kind soul point me to the python code that makes the animals gain strength over time, I would like to nerf this part, thanks.

Once a wild animal has gained 4 strength boosts, they gain the Awakened hidden promotion which turns them into Beast units and gives them +60% strength, +1 move, multiple attacks per turn, healing while moving and the ability to attack if they didn't already have it (in the case of Elephants/Mammoths), so yes, it's a tremendous boost (and worthwhile beelining Beast Mastery for the chance of getting a Giant Spider with 10+ combat power or a Mammoth with 14+ combat power). I haven't found where in the code the strenght boost happens yet, so I don't know how often it happens, but I would guess it's every 50 turns, meaning you should be on turn 200 or so? Maybe it's time to research Rangers?

I haven't had any greater problems with animals, you'll have to treat them with respect and not feed them units so they start getting promotions. That said, I agree that the leveling speed probably can be lowered a bit, and the Awakened promotion maybe shouldn't give all those bonuses at once. And/or making it a game option, since I like my games of violent fantasy Pokémon. ;)

Top Bottom