Final Fixes Reborn

The diplomacy one is actually a different bug than the usual python problem. I can give you a quickfix for it, but it's not multiplayer-compatible.

Please do, maybe this will fix promotion bug also :) As for other issues - I haven encountered any. But to be honest my gameplay was quite short.

I recently played as the Cualli for the first time in a long time, using the latest SVN revision.

A few thoughts and suggestions:

1) I know the Cualli are primarily designed as a defensive civ, with the automatic terraforming, jungle combat bonuses, etc., but I think they could use a unit that can do a +20:culture: to pacify a conquered city. One possibility would be a new Tier 1 Disciple Unit, maybe called Disciple of Agruonn, with this ability. Alternatively, instead of creating a new unit maybe Priests of Agruonn could be given this ability, to make it somewhat more costly.

I remember @black_imperator saying that he wasn't thrilled with the +20:culture: ability, so if you get rid of that for other Tier 1 Disciple Units, then this issue goes away.

2) Priests of Agruonn can't upgrade to Eidolons, Druids, or Paladins. (I know the Cualli start as Evil and even with Broader Alignments on are unlikely to become Neutral, let alone Good, but on principle all three upgrade paths should be available if one is available.) Unrelated to the Cualli, but the same is true of Priests of Winter.

Maybe there's a reason that these units don't get the same upgrade path that other Priests do, but it's obviously inconsistent.

3) Because the Cualli can't research religious techs and build temples, they're weak culturally and perhaps could use some new culture buildings, the way the Grigori got some new culture buildings compared to base FfH2. One thing that comes to mind is something like a Temple of Agruonn, costing the same as other temples (120:hammers:, IIRC), and giving +20%:culture:, maybe available at Philosophy or Way of the Wicked.

I can't really think of others offhand, but you get the idea.

On another note, is there a way to get rid of Mist permanently? I was i a war with the Sidar and was able to use Gust of Wind to remove Mist, but that's only temporary. Even after I conquered Sidar territory, the Mist would come back. Is Dispel Magic necessary?
Cuall are due some light additions yeah, a couple of UBs, some additional uniqueness for their priest line (including a disciple) ( and possibly some unique assassin line too).

For the Mist it should go away when you capture the city (if you're playing svn version, it was a bug in the latest release version)

I noticed today that you've gotten rid of the Dexterous Trait for the Ljosalfar while keeping the Sinister Trait for the Svartalfar and I'm curious as to why. I thought it was a nice way to differentiate the two Elven civs, with one being better at Recon and the other better at Archery, and would advocate bringing it back. Is there something else planned for the Ljosalfar instead?

As far as i remember, both traits were cut and replaced by a promotion gained automatcally (exact same effect, just no trait). I'll check the code to see if it's still the case

Please do, maybe this will fix promotion bug also :) As for other issues - I haven encountered any. But to be honest my gameplay was quite short.

In Assets/python, replace the CvDiplomacy file by the one i've just attached. it should stop the disappearing diplomacy text

Attachments

• CvDiplomacy.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 269
As far as i remember, both traits were cut and replaced by a promotion gained automatcally (exact same effect, just no trait). I'll check the code to see if it's still the case

I took a look in the Civilopedia and saw that Dexterous is an auto-acquired promotion for Ljosalfar Archery units, so that part sounds right. The 'pedia still lists Sinister as the Svartalfar Civilizational Trait, though.

I took a look in the Civilopedia and saw that Dexterous is an auto-acquired promotion for Ljosalfar Archery units, so that part sounds right. The 'pedia still lists Sinister as the Svartalfar Civilizational Trait, though.

It might help if the Civilopedia entry for "Elven" indicated that it leads to "Dexterous," with the corresponding link and, similarly, if the 'pedia entry for "Dark Elven" indicated that it leads to "Sinister," again with the corresponding link.

So this is a strange bug... but the scions are no longer auto populating their units. If I play as the Emperor Korinna doesn't appear turn one, when I get knowledge of the ether Alcinus doesn't appear, and so on. No bugs that I can see beyond this.

This is crashing a lot from turn 200+

well, i heard from the repair shop today, and the computer is apparently dead... So i'm gonna borrow one from a friend to be able to start working again, i should be operational for christmas

I'm also gonna write a known issues and how to report bugs thread to centralize the bug report part. This thread will stay for general discussions.

Last edited:
Also, I *think* this is a known thing, but just in case. The no-magic and the no-text-on-leader-screens things are linked. That is, if I get no text when I click a leader (or when they visit me), spells are also disabled, and vice-versa. Just in case that helps narrow down the source.

yeah both of those are indicators of the "python bug", which makes the game not loads some python files for some reason... As the moment, i suspect it's an interaction between svn files and certain system files that cause an issue. As far as i know, only people using directly the svn download got the issue, and only certain computers ( i never got it myself so far)

So .. dunno why I hadn't thought of it before. But, *some* of my CIV files live within my Dropbox structure. I saved my game (no magic, no text), exited to desktop, paused Dropbox, reloaded, loaded game. No crash; and magic and text functioning.

Sample size is too small for real celebration, but it does support something at the filesystem level. Will keep you updated ...

Top Bottom