1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. acestealth

acestealth Chieftain

Well. I did some experimenting on my world spell issue. I decided I'd just do a fresh Ashes reinstall to start. Deleted my Ashes mod folder, reinstalled 14.11, let svn do its update. Started a game with default modules on erebus continent map with clan again. World spell still dark.

Then tried disabling the default modules one by one (Bannor Chain of Command, BlackDuke, Dural, Frozen, Greatest People, Hamstalfar, Rife More Events, PPQ unit modules) and initially it wouldn't save any of the changes. Seemingly because there was two Frozen modules, one active and one inactive in the list. I manually moved the inactive frozen mod out of its folder to my desktop so I could commit changes at this point.

Tried starting a game after each disable with no change in world spell accessibility until I got to Bannor CoC, Dural, and Frozen. These I could not disable without the launcher throwing errors at me and refusing to comply. Again I went into the folder and manually moved them out individually and started a game. The game began throwing some errors at launch at this point as expected, but starts. After moving Frozen (the active version) I had access to the world spell for Clan and giving it a go I had a half dozen archers join my city turn 1. So I assume the issue is there somewhere?

2. 8BitArchitect

8BitArchitect Chieftain

Speaking of issues with the default modules in the SVN version, about half of them show conflicts between modules for me. Is there a particular order I need to load them in for them to work, or do I need to remove conflicting modules?

EDIT: Also, I'm getting the following error when I try to play the SVN version (default modules and no further modifications)
    Temp.png

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  3. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

As far as i know, the conflicts reported by the launcher are false positive. There shouldn't be an issue with them.

I'll check the python error tonight

4. fdrpi

fdrpi Prince

I'm trying to download this mod via SVN, and have not been able to. It is unable to connect to the source, and I'm wondering if the link is still valid?

5. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

as far as i know, there's no current issue with the svn. show me a screenshot of your checkout screen just to check

6. fdrpi

fdrpi Prince

Here's the error message I got. I've tried it with a blank Ashes of Erebus folder and with no preexisting folder, to the same effect.

Attached Files:

7. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

try with with http:// instead of svn://. i remember it being helpful for some people

8. Samson

Samson Deity

I know very little about this sort of thing, but it looks to me like tortoise svn does not have write access to C:\Program Files (x86). I would try downloading it somewhere else (like your documents folder) then copying the files manually. Having your copy of civ in this location could cause other problems, I found that every mod that uses builds on the bug mod would fail 'cos it was trying to write a config file every turn, and did not have write access to the folder. To solve this I would install civ somewhere you can make globally writable.

9. fdrpi

fdrpi Prince

Setting the SVN to my desktop and copying it worked! Thank you!

Now, does anyone remember how to add the movies to the mod?

10. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

they should be in by default. ensure that the folder you use is called Ashes of Erebus, otherwise they may have some issue loading.

11. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

My unit got plagued early game. A rare opportunity where those healing potions would be useful, so I thought. Alas, a unit needs to be damaged before it can use the potion. A disease does not count. May I suggest to change it to this?

Code:
    def reqHealingSalve(caster):
        if caster.isHasPromotion(getInfoType('PROMOTION_DISEASED')):
            return True
        if caster.isHasPromotion(getInfoType('PROMOTION_PLAGUED')):
            return True
        if caster.isHasPromotion(getInfoType('PROMOTION_POISONED')):
            return True
        if caster.isHasPromotion(getInfoType('PROMOTION_WITHERED')):
            return True
        if caster.getDamage() == 0:
            return False
        pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(caster.getOwner())
        if pPlayer.isHuman() == False:
            if caster.getDamage() < 25:
                return False
        return True

I also noticed the Svartalfar Kidnap spell does not allow you to kidnap the healer great person.

12. fdrpi

fdrpi Prince

For example, the opening movie doesn't have sound or music; it's just a silent slideshow. Iirc, a similar thing happened with wonder movies and religion founding, where it would just be a still image instead of the fade into and music.

13. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

will be fixed next commit, thanks
    ah you're right, i hadn't noticed that. will look into it.

14. thingolus

thingolus Chieftain

Hey there, its really nice still seeing this great mod/submod being updated regular, sadly when me and a few friends tried to play this in multiplayer it was impossible to do so because often people crashed during loading and once we finally made it ingame we always faced the red out of sync warning.
    We all used the latest svn version and used the original release version on steam.
    Do you have by any chance an idea why we cant play this in mp?

15. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

i know there are oos issues with the svn version, though it seems that most come from some interaction with the steam version. I'm lacking multiplayer testers to properly investigate this though, so progress is slow. i do intend to get this as multiplayer usable as possible.

Some tests i'd like to know the answers to :
    - are there as many oos without modules ?
    -are there as many oos with the debug dll instead of the normal one ?

16. thingolus

thingolus Chieftain

Thanks for the response, we are now using the GOG version of civ IV and its working flawlessly for 150 turns so far

17. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

ok, it does confirm that the steam version is largely part of the issue.

18. Bmobmo64

Bmobmo64 Chieftain

I'm having issues with the game resetting my graphics settings to low across the board and 720p resolution every time i launch BTS with AoE. It gives me the message 'your system is below recommended specs, your graphics setting have been adjusted to reflect this, though you may still experience performance issues" despite the fact that my PC can run SkyrimSE on ultra settings at 1080p and never dip below 60fps. I've been reading that the Steam version can cause issues but I've never seen anything like this before. It's not a huge issue, i can just set my resolution back and i don't really care about low graphics, but it's going to get annoying.

Note: This isn't just happening when I load AoE, even when the vanilla game launches straight from steam it gives me that message. I am running the betas tab version but i tested that before installing AoE and this didn't happen.

19. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

That seems to indicate that the game cannot modify your ini file for some reason. Try running it as admin, or give yourself editing rights on the folder the ini file is in.

20. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

revision 323 commited :

The Module Rev :

Various Bugfixing and ai balance
    Merged BannorChain of Command and GreatestPeople modules
    Added Several Modules in the inactive modules folder
    Chislev Expansion by Alsark
    Emergent Leaders by Azatote
    Derf's Ashes Modules by Derf (and others)

Anyone who wishes to develop a module for AoE is welcome to have it hosted on the svn.