1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fixes Reborn

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Ronkhar, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

If you have more than one kind of temple in your cities, how do you know which will be your state religion?

2. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

you can choose your state religion in the religion menu, independantly of what temple you have in your cities. (though i don't think you can convert to a religion if it's not present in at least one city)

3. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

If another kingdom builds a city between two of yours, that splits it off from your other cities, will it still count as linked for resources etc if you have an Open Borders agreement with that other kingdom?

4. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

When i dowse and find "remnants of patria" it says i need "the gift" to build a quarry and use them as a resource. What is "the gift" and what tech do you need for it? (I have tried looking through tech advisor tree and at stuff i haven't researched yet, but not seeing it).

EDIT : ah, seems the tech for it is in red which i guess means Ljosalfar aren't allowed to research it?

Also if you get a resource that needs a quarry or mine to use, and the tile is lowland, not hills, will you still be able to build a quarry or mine to get it as a resource? Or not?

5. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

How far can a Leashed dragon move? It's move rate? Or zero, like a fort commander? Or some other distance?

6. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

There should be a tooltip or something.

7. Samson

Samson Deity

Yes, and I do not think you need the open borders, just that you are not at war.

8. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

"The Gift" is a unique technology that the Scions of Patria start with and nobody else can research. There are a few other civs that also have unique starting technologies that others can't research, eg, the Lanun, Cualli, Mazatl, and Malakim.

Yes, you can build a quarry or mine on flatlands if the right resource is there.

Incidentally, if and when you play as the Scions, be sure to read up on them in the Civilopedia, including some entries in the Fall from Heaven Concepts section, because they play very differently from other civs.

9. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

With any Leashed unit, if you mouseover the unit you should be able to see how far it can move, followed by the word "Leashed" in brackets.

10. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

It doesn't Ithough, which is why i asked. It only says "Acheron The Red Dragon (Level 11 - Age 147) [Leashed]" There is no number before or after the [Leashed]. Further down below the line are his strength rating and move..

11. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Okay, so I didn't remember exactly how the stats are portrayed, since I'm not staring at Acheron on the screen right now. He can move, eg, 5, and he's Leashed, meaning that he can move a total of 5 tiles from the tile to which he's Leashed.

12. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

Thanks. All my cities now have Blight on them and are unhealthy. Is that a spell cast by another player, or a random event, or what? And is there anything i can do to counter it, or should I just give up and start again?

Health giving resources and health and sanitation buildings aren't going to manage it - i already built the Aquae Sucellus, and have Medicine, and lots of health buildings in my cities, they're still all 10 or more more unhealthy than healthy. And half of them are starving as result, despite granaries, smokehouses etc.

Whether it's a spell or an event, it does not seem remotely balanced.

EDIT: nm by googling Fall From Heaven and blight i found it's from the Armaggedon counter and affects all civilizations for 10 to 20 turns. which will reduce all my biggest cities to villages, because no way to make up 30 unhealthiness more than healthiness - even if i changed several citizens to healers in each it wouldn't cover the gap, and would take more people out of food production

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  13. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Yeah, Blight happens when the Armageddon Counter hits 30. I forget if the Civilopedia entry for Armageddon Counter explains that or not. It's funny, when you've played the Fall from Heaven family of mods for so long you don't exactly remember where you learned about this or that feature.

With Blight all you can really do is build as many Health-improving buildings as possible and wait it out. it affects everyone, more or less, so not sure how unbalanced it is. Annoying, yes, definitely. Maybe the civs that don't need food for their cities' population to grow aren't really hurt by it -- I'll have to keep an eye on that the next time I play as the Scions, it's been a while.

14. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

What does Sylivens Perfect Lyre do if a unit equips it? I looked at it in promotions in the civopedia, but it doesn't say there.

15. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I'm not sure a unit gets any benefit, but the unit can carry Syliven's Perfect Lyre to a different city and drop it there, so that city gets the +100% Culture boost. Same with the Crown of Akharien, a unit can take ti to a different city and drop it there. So you can build those in a high production city and then have a unit take them elsewhere, depending on where you want to get the Culture or Science boost.

16. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

How do you move units onto ships? I've built a galleon which has cargo space 5. But I can't seem to move any units onto it. From searching the Civ IV manual (nothing) and googling I found it says drag the unit onto the coastal tile the unit is on, or else, if it and the ship are in the same city, click the "board" button. But none of the units show any board button, and when i move the ship to an adjacent sea tile, and try to drag any unit from the adjacent city onto it, nothing happens either.

The L keyboard shortcut doesn't seem to do anything either.

EDIT : weirdly eventually was able to move 3 units onto it (druid, worker, settler). Beastmaster seems to be unable to board, even if i try to relocate the hawk to the city first. I have managed to get him on without the hawk, but as soon as the Galleon moves it leaves him behind on the sea tile next to land)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  17. Bickendan

Bickendan Chieftain

As Nor'easter said, Blight hits at AC 30. Factors on how hard a city is depends on population, terrain features (eg, flood plains, ancient forests), food resources, and health buildings. In general, Elves weather Blight the best, while Infernal aren't affected.

18. Samson

Samson Deity

My solution to blight is to try and be the civ that takes the AC over 30, and whip my cities as much as possible the turn before it hits.

19. Dunadd

Dunadd Chieftain

I'm getting a recurring crash when I move a worker off a ship. Not sure if it's just because i'm playing a huge map and have built lots of cities and loads of workers and the programme just runs out of memory (it's also same turn as i built a new city), or whether it's some bug to do with the wonder building that gives you a free forge in every city (i was building that, then one turn it just switches to "Evermore has built a money changer" with no message about any other civilization having built that wonder).

Would reloading further back save and changing what i'm building help? Would combining units into fewer groups, or disbanding some worker units help? Or will there be some other cause?

EDIT : Disbanding a unit and combining some into bigger groups seems to have worked (not sure how long it'll work for)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  20. Samson

Samson Deity

It is a bug in I think base Civ4, and all mods, that is something like you give a movement command that is more than just the offload (eg. press G and select an inland tile) then it crashes to desktop.