Final Fixes Reborn

Playing with the mazatl my first serious game and didn ´t expect them that strong. My capital city has even reached level 95 population, with that swamp terraforming you also outmatch this healthy elves, hah and the wyvern with the hero are cool though.

That being said I´m trying to reach a dominion victory and struggle about 51% landmass limit, I currently have 49% and spammed lot ´s of cities but while doing so the game crashes and freezes very often and can ´t handle that much units and cities.
The crash to desktop mostly occurs at the end of the round or randomly.

The freezes often occur while doing a move with a unit or when you made a move and the program switches fast to the next units turn, the sound is still there but you can ´t do anything while the freeze and have to reboot your computer.

Any ideas how to debug the freeze, or keep the late games stable? Or shall I just wait for the next revision and hope it ´s getting better than? .-)

No idea about those. But you can disable the automatic unit switching in the game menu. It's called "no unit cycling". That might help you.

If you got problems withs crashs and starting and loading your savegames there are some options that may help:

-start the launcher and chose the option load savegame, so you avoid loading the title screen before and might have less crashes
-if the above solution is not working after several tries in a row, just start the game and go to title menu then just start a new game, after you started the new game immediatly load your save (worked fine for me)
-you can try to delete the Beyond the sword game cache, sometimes it helps to delete these files, also recommend if you want to begin a new game or revision updates
-Remember to not change your game module settings as your old saves don´t work anymore, same is for revision update changes
-As longer you play your current game the more unstable it gets, one reason is the growth of built units and cities so domination victory is a very bad solution when you try to get the necessary landmass as you might have some nasty crashes (avoid zooming), better conquer and kill all these enemy cities, civs and units :-D
-Most of these crashes occur after the end of your turn and waiting for other civs turns etc. I recognized that some of these crashes come while units are fighting, for example I had repeated crashes while one of my slaves got killed by an enemy unit, after I deleted the slave and it got not killed by this enemy unit, the crash was gone. If you play a game you should have more than one save too avoid such situations as not every crash might be solveable or you just don´t know the cause, therefore I normaly play with 4 saves and 1-2 of them are 1-2 turns old so I can turn back the time. It ´s a bit annoying but better as losing the whole game progress.

Anyone else having trouble when switching to play Hyborem? My game crashes again and again when I try to, I also tried to develop the tech one round later but it doesn´t help. When I decide to keep my Civ (in this case Sheaim) instead, the game doesn´t crash.

Many crashes with Hybo, dunno the exact cause but it seem playing with him has some phython bugs. There are problems with ashen veil interface, things like crime are not displayed properly in city window sometimes, it also seems when you have a phython bug and you save your game the savefile is corrupted and will cause trouble at the end of the turn and you get these crash to desktop problems.

There is a smal trick to minimize crashs at the end of the turn.
As the crashes seem mostly to occur while other units are moving, you can select one of your units and zoom in, as the music changes when you do that you shall wait few seconds before you finish the round ( it could be that the music has some impact to the crashes too, maybe it´s a RAM thing).
This trick is not always working at every turn, but it saved my current game with hybo as I had 20 crashes to desktop in a row as I tried to end the current round.

@black_imperator Damn,I laughed so hard about your april fools gimmick, well done my friend.:)

I´m still struggling about my hyborem game, did you make already progress in getting the game more stable? Or any tricks to avoid the end of turn crashes? I´m considering to make a break, because the crashes are really annoying and time consuming, I often have to skip current saves and need to go back 2-3 rounds by using older saves to get along.
I tried some other ingame options like no zooom in fight, reduced graphic, disable sound and so on, but these things have no impact, I suppose it could be about when too many (bhaal?) units of other civs move at once the game use to crash, but not sure if that ´s the main problem.

@black_imperator Damn,I laughed so hard about your april fools gimmick, well done my friend.:)

I´m still struggling about my hyborem game, did you make already progress in getting the game more stable? Or any tricks to avoid the end of turn crashes? I´m considering to make a break, because the crashes are really annoying and time consuming, I often have to skip current saves and need to go back 2-3 rounds by using older saves to get along.
I tried some other ingame options like no zooom in fight, reduced graphic, disable sound and so on, but these things have no impact, I suppose it could be about when too many (bhaal?) units of other civs move at once the game use to crash, but not sure if that ´s the main problem.

There's some ingame content related to that april thing for the first time now. ^^
As for the rest not much progress these days, i've been a bit too busy. End of the month should allow me to work on it more.

I think I figured out what killed my buildings in my elohim game before, the sheaim wordspell. As many of my units got killed or damaged I also had to rebuild the nationalepos in my capital. When this spell is killing buildings, I don ´t like it, especially when some of these buildings (luanator towers) can ´t be rebuild.

I think I figured out what killed my buildings in my elohim game before, the sheaim wordspell. As many of my units got killed or damaged I also had to rebuild the nationalepos in my capital. When this spell is killing buildings, I don ´t like it, especially when some of these buildings (luanator towers) can ´t be rebuild.

yeah, it being able to destroy wonders is unintended

Ok, I was finally able to play a game with hyborem without crashes so I don ´t suppose him to be bugged anymore but some of the ingame units seem still to occur crashes while fighting or moving, I noticed that before but was thinking these bugs were gone for good.

As I play hybo I managed to conquer these silly horses of kuriotate and made them vessel, but they had a badass move to destroy my game... they switched their religion from ashen veil to kilmorph what resulted in Agares declared instant war on me, is that running as intended? Also when other civs ask me from free will to be my vessels and I agree to it, it causes agares to declare war on me too. This is a bit weird, as I used to be Agares when I´m playing as Hyborem? These unloyal demon servants shall rod in hell....

Ok, I was finally able to play a game with hyborem without crashes so I don ´t suppose him to be bugged anymore but some of the ingame units seem still to occur crashes while fighting or moving, I noticed that before but was thinking these bugs were gone for good.

As I play hybo I managed to conquer these silly horses of kuriotate and made them vessel, but they had a badass move to destroy my game... they switched their religion from ashen veil to kilmorph what resulted in Agares declared instant war on me, is that running as intended? Also when other civs ask me from free will to be my vessels and I agree to it, it causes agares to declare war on me too. This is a bit weird, as I used to be Agares when I´m playing as Hyborem? These unloyal demon servants shall rod in hell....
In older versions and other FFH mods the rule that you lose peace with the barbs if you get too strong applies to Hyboren's peace with the demons. Is that what is happening?

In older versions and other FFH mods the rule that you lose peace with the barbs if you get too strong applies to Hyboren's peace with the demons. Is that what is happening?

No, I made kuriotates my vessels by war and forced them to switch religion to ashen veil. After some turns they switched their religion back to runes of kilmorph, this act made Agares declare war on my vessel and me as his patreon so I can´t do anything to avoid this and I bet this as unfair.

No, I made kuriotates my vessels by war and forced them to switch religion to ashen veil. After some turns they switched their religion back to runes of kilmorph, this act made Agares declare war on my vessel and me as his patreon so I can´t do anything to avoid this and I bet this as unfair.

it's a known issue, but definitely an issue that i need to look into.

Playing as the Cualli for the first time in a while and was glad to see the addition of the Temple of Agruonn and Disciple of Agruonn.

Can I ask that Disciples of Agruonn be made never obsolete, same as other Tier 1 Disciple units? Keep the upgrade to Priests of Agruonn, but the Disciple of Agruonn's ability to do a little culture burst is something useful that you don't want to lose if you're playing as the Cualli.

Thanks.

Hello, it's nice to see that people are keeping this jewel alive. I'm currently playing it with my 11 years old son. Amurites and Illians respectively. We were wondering if some addon or modmod existed, that would give some kind of challenge once some kind of equilibrium of power and collaboration is achieved. We will play the path of mutual destruction anyway, as we're the only ones left; but we just like to try some kind of challenge, like recreating a wild environnement full of living mysteries. For now we will try to create a no man's land between our frontiers for animals and barbarians, connected to the last wild dragon and his city. We will make peace with animals and try to frighten and dissuade barbarians to trespass.

Hello, it's nice to see that people are keeping this jewel alive. I'm currently playing it with my 11 years old son. Amurites and Illians respectively. We were wondering if some addon or modmod existed, that would give some kind of challenge once some kind of equilibrium of power and collaboration is achieved. We will play the path of mutual destruction anyway, as we're the only ones left; but we just like to try some kind of challenge, like recreating a wild environnement full of living mysteries. For now we will try to create a no man's land between our frontiers for animals and barbarians, connected to the last wild dragon and his city. We will make peace with animals and try to frighten and dissuade barbarians to trespass.
Hey RetroZyx - I often played with my partner and found that there was only one way for the AI to keep up when the two of us were teamed up - you have to force them to team up too. Doing that will bring a lot more parity and keep things challenging at least until the mid game. Late game always seems to be lopsided - you are either winning by a mile or the leader is fortifying their cities with 12 longbowmen each...

I bet your son is going to have amazing memories of these games with you! Just remember, he'll be a teen soon and will hate you anyway, so if you play competitively against him, be sure to play Svatalfar and steal his great people so he has a good solid reason to hate you!

Hi, it depends on the kind of challenge you're looking for. If the goal is to improve the barbarians, the barbarian world and raging barbarian challenges are best. If you prefer to improve the normal empires, try the No Building requirements and No Mimimum levels challenges. There is currently no specific module made to create a late game challenge in addition to the usual apocalypse. I do have plans for a "godswar" option, but haven't had time to implement it yet.

Antryst, we're also playing dungeon master. Yes, nice shared moments to remember, also with the adult acuity of having to share the essence of it because there aren't so many opportunities left to do so. As for the inavoidable, ritualistic hate of adolescence, I know you're saying half as a joke, half as a universal truth, I just wonder if it's necessary. We'll see!

black imperator, for now we'll just keep trying from our current game. It's hard to give empty cities to barbarians when there are almost no fog of war left, but I invoked the basilium between our frontiers and we're talking about bringing the Armageddon to summon the hellish civilization. And fuel and channel both sides from behind.

Top Bottom