Final Fixes Reborn

I decided to look at the drake problem (that is, that captured drakes are unable to build their respective Chained Drake buildings). I haven't come to a solution, but I think I've learned two things. The first is that the drake that appear in game simply don't have the code to tie them to their buildings - easy enough, and you've probably already found that since the bug report says you're testing the problem. The second thing is that adding the building to the unit's xml doesn't change anything - it still can't build the building. I'm under the impression that this is a problem with the building, because when I changed it to another building that can only be built by captured animals (the elephant stable) it worked fine. Looking at the Civilopedia, all of the Chained Drakes are listed as "can't be built by any civilization" - something that I don't think is listed about any of the other buildings that can only be built by units. I don't know where to find the "can't be built" restriction in the xml, but that might be the second part to the fix. Anyway, hopefully that will help. I may keep experimenting to see if I can figure something out.

I can't seem to research way of the forest or octopus overlords. the techs are redded out in the tech tree. Are they disabled at the moment or is this a bug?

If it's only those two techs, then try starting a play now game to clear any hidden options that might be disabling them.

hi.

regarding the trait for emergent leaders...
I was reading the excerpt posted by grey-fox when I remembered that I proposed once some things like that... I searched a bit and found this thread from 2012
it was started by Valkrionn in 2012, and he "asked" for ideas for emergent traits in 3levels.
he stated that he would release as a module for those that want it.
But iirc he never did.
however the ideaas are here (maybe more compilated than in the list from greyfox.. that dated 2010).
+ you get all the ideas from people (viatos / a_moon, / yours-truly... etc) and Valk's comments on them.

I really hope that you will be able to push this thing :)

How do I capture a Mammoth? I have the required promotions, and finally got a unit strong enough to hunt them. But everytime I kill one it just dies, never gets captured.

How do I capture a Mammoth? I have the required promotions, and finally got a unit strong enough to hunt them. But everytime I kill one it just dies, never gets captured.

Could you post a screenshot of the unit you are using, and a mammoth you want to capture?

Possible issues I can think of:
Your unit has hidden nationality
The mammoth(s) is actually a beast, not an animal, and you need the subdue beast promotion instead of subdue animal.

Edit: Oh, and I remember this being a bug with the one of the most recent versions of Rise from Erebus (That is, before Final Fixes was made). Could be related.

In the civpedia it said Mammoth is an animal. Explains why it said +50% vs Beast instead of animals.

civpedia needs updating

Can forts/castles/citidals be made into the trade network like cities? So that resources can be moved through them. This way it would not be strictly required to build a city on every little worthless island to get resources. Especially for civilizations with a limited number fo cities.

In one of my more recent games with the Calabim, I decided to have my CPU opponents randomized. Normally, I choose them myself, so I get exactly the enemies I want. Anyway, I ran into the Sidar who hadn't been present in my games since way before I installed RifE or AoE. I was shocked to see that I just couldn't take their cities, because of that mist. It says you need perception 5 to enter. How do I accomplish that? Far as I know, my units start out with perception 2. I can bump this up to 4 with Sentry I + II, but then what? I went out of my way to get Sun mana to cast Illuminating light, but the spell button is always deactivated. My first guess was that since I was playing as the vampires, this actually made sense (although I think it's a bug and the pedia doesn't offer any additional info...). But the problem remains: I can't take Sidar cities. What do I do?

EDIT: First-time poster, been actually reading the forums for years. So: "Hi!" Great, great stuff you people offer here! I love you guys!

In the civpedia it said Mammoth is an animal. Explains why it said +50% vs Beast instead of animals.

civpedia needs updating

Sorry, I'm being unclear. The mammoth being a beast is a possible issue. It might not be.

Wild animals like mammoths and tigers start off as animals, but once they get old enough they turn into beasts. Hence why I asked for a screenshot of one of the ones you were trying to capture.

My first post, so I have to say that I love the fact that there are still guys working on this mod. I don't think I played any game in my life as much as I have Fall From Heaven and its modmods. Thank you for doing this.

In one of my more recent games with the Calabim, I decided to have my CPU opponents randomized. Normally, I choose them myself, so I get exactly the enemies I want. Anyway, I ran into the Sidar who hadn't been present in my games since way before I installed RifE or AoE. I was shocked to see that I just couldn't take their cities, because of that mist. It says you need perception 5 to enter. How do I accomplish that? Far as I know, my units start out with perception 2. I can bump this up to 4 with Sentry I + II, but then what? I went out of my way to get Sun mana to cast Illuminating light, but the spell button is always deactivated. My first guess was that since I was playing as the vampires, this actually made sense (although I think it's a bug and the pedia doesn't offer any additional info...). But the problem remains: I can't take Sidar cities. What do I do?

Right idea with the magic, but wrong spell sphere. What you need isn't Sun mana, but Air mana. First level Air gives you two spells: the one that makes boats go faster and the other one you've always wondered about. That other one removes the mist created by the Sidar from squares that are adjacent to the caster.

Anyway, I ran into the Sidar who hadn't been present in my games since way before I installed RifE or AoE. I was shocked to see that I just couldn't take their cities, because of that mist. It says you need perception 5 to enter. How do I accomplish that?

I don't know why Sun I isn't working, but Air I should give you a spell, gust or something like that, which will blow away the mist.

@ sammoraj
"Can forts/castles/citidals be made into the trade network like cities? So that resources can be moved through them. This way it would not be strictly required to build a city on every little worthless island to get resources. Especially for civilizations with a limited number fo cities."

You only need cultural control of an area, the proper improvement, and a road going to it and the nearest city (the road can cross non-cultural areas) in order to gain access to resources. Since forts expand culture around them after a period of time, you can use them as trade expansions for very local resources. Keep in mind though, they can't fight a nearby cities culture for long if one is founded near them, or at all if it was there first.

He is speaking about over-water trade.
forts don't allow it ; you need at least one port-city per land-mass. and each island is its own landmass.

He asks if there is a way for forts positionned near water to grant to the island commercial communication with the mainland.
such a that you build a fort and the improvements and all is ok. or that you build the city inland and build only a fort near the sea. (but as land tiles are more interesting, and considering my last proposition that would cheat the game... I'm not sure it'll ever happen).

Sorry, I'm being unclear. The mammoth being a beast is a possible issue. It might not be.

Wild animals like mammoths and tigers start off as animals, but once they get old enough they turn into beasts. Hence why I asked for a screenshot of one of the ones you were trying to capture.

Mammoth is Beast unit, I finally captured one after I got the Subdue Beast prom for one of my units.
However civpedia says that Mammoth is a Animal Unit

Mammoth is Beast unit, I finally captured one after I got the Subdue Beast prom for one of my units.
However civpedia says that Mammoth is a Animal Unit
Which is what A Moon told you - they start off as Animal, and eventually become Beast by aging. The pedia is accurate in that they are animals, because they are when they spawn.

My first post, so I have to say that I love the fact that there are still guys working on this mod. I don't think I played any game in my life as much as I have Fall From Heaven and its modmods. Thank you for doing this.

Right idea with the magic, but wrong spell sphere. What you need isn't Sun mana, but Air mana. First level Air gives you two spells: the one that makes boats go faster and the other one you've always wondered about. That other one removes the mist created by the Sidar from squares that are adjacent to the caster.

All right! Thanks. :)

Anyway, what does Illuminating Light do then?

All right! Thanks. :)
Anyway, what does Illuminating Light do then?

Hi :)
Apparently, it adds 2 points of perception (but no visibility, which would use iVisibilityChange)

Code:
<Type>PROMOTION_SUN_PERCEPTION</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_SUN_PERCEPTION</Description>
[B]<iExtraPerception>2</iExtraPerception>[/B]

When you're ingame, the unit info popup should tell you the total perception value of the unit:
. X Perception (required to enter mist)

@V_P: thanks for the info.

Anyway, I quickly added a line in the pedia article of feature Mist -> Draft: can be removed with air spell [LINK=SPELL_GUST_OF_WIND]Gust of wind[\LINK] (Air I)
Edit: gust of wind has no description at all :( -> will have to write that too

Hi :)
Apparently, it adds 2 points of perception (but no visibility, which would use iVisibilityChange)

Code:
<Type>PROMOTION_SUN_PERCEPTION</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_SUN_PERCEPTION</Description>
[B]<iExtraPerception>2</iExtraPerception>[/B]

When you're ingame, the unit info popup should tell you the total perception value of the unit:
. X Perception (required to enter mist)

@V_P: thanks for the info.

Anyway, I quickly added a line in the pedia article of feature Mist -> Draft: can be removed with air spell [LINK=SPELL_GUST_OF_WIND]Gust of wind[\LINK] (Air I)
Edit: gust of wind has no description at all :( -> will have to write that too

Thank you Ronkhar.

So I was using the correct spell after all. Gust of wind would've done the trick better, though. Any idea why Illuminating Light is always deactivated?

I know about the unit info, btw. I'm just new to the forum, not the game. ;)

Top Bottom