Final Fixes Reborn

Me and my girlfriend have found a couple of issues while playing. First is that Runekeepers (Priests of Kilmorph), do not have the 'Found temple of Kilmorph' ability, yet all the others (according to civpedia) still have theirs.
Second, playing emergent leaders, I Yakut and her Lorelei Coral, I have researched Mathematics (50% chance for financial) and Currency (20% chance of financial), and, with random seed on reload enabled have reloaded at each of these points (turn before and then finished research) around 20 times each, and had no option to obtain the new trait, are emergent leaders broken right now?

Priests of Kilmorph are "Stonewardens".
Runekeepers.. are the High priests. You don't want them to have the 'found temple' ability... you already need to have pushed a stonewarden to level 4 or 6...
so save if you made a spelling mistake, then it's normal that the Runekeepers don't have this ability.

It seems like lightbringers and all of the Empyrean priestline use Order graphics. Would it be possible to restore the proper graphics.

Hello!

Playing as the Scions, i noticed taht once you had your 4 heroes, you could create the Dark council in each cities. When you create it for the second time, the only problem is when you hover your mouse on it, it says you can now build -1 of it.
Considering the boost that makes it makes in terms of culture and population, it's a nice thing when you're in trouble, but it might be a bug.

I actually did mistake the name when making this post, so yeah, its Stonewardens that cant found temples.
The emergent leader thing is still a problem.

I'm in a hurry right now. Sorry for being so succinct in this post

I actually did mistake the name when making this post, so yeah, its Stonewardens that cant found temples.
Found it. (and solved in beta version R68 from 10 minutes ago)
(I had wrongly written "UnitClassPrereq" instead of "UnitPrereq", when solving the bug with lizard priests of this religion)

The emergent leader thing is still a problem.

Indeed.
- 1st line of the bug spreadsheet says: "Traits for Emergent Leaders need to be completed".
- 4th sheet, named "Emergent leaders", lists what they currently do, and what we think they could do after they're upgraded

The emergent leaders meachanism hasn't been completed since 2009
If you have ideas for them, feel free to suggest.

And receiving "randomly" new traits depending on previous ingame behaviour (as you listed in your previous post) is currently the important leader mechanism.
https://docs.google.com/presentatio...8cnQ73Kiu2xtf7-O3Y/edit#slide=id.gf0123462_07

[..] The emergent leaders meachanism hasn't been completed since 2009
If you have ideas for them, feel free to suggest.

And receiving "randomly" new traits depending on previous ingame behaviour (as you listed in your previous post) is currently the important leader mechanism.
https://docs.google.com/presentatio...8cnQ73Kiu2xtf7-O3Y/edit#slide=id.gf0123462_07

I'm not sure in what state has the emergent leaders have been left, but here is the thread from development forum:
( although, there might have been plans to change the core functionality of the emergent leaders, so this can be useless :D i honestly don't remember - after all, it was 4 years ago )
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41052866/doc/Emergent_Leader_Design_Part_1.pdf ( 5.7 mb )
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41052866/doc/Emergent_Leader_Design_Part_2.pdf ( 3.8 mb )
( i didn't figure out any better way how to export those pages than print them as PDFs, sorry )
( also, i posted that thread here because the original development of the rife is pretty much dead, and it would be pointless in my opinion not to release that thread )

Have not posted here in ages but I have been playing a lot of this mod recently. One issue I'm having is with diseased corpses. When I explore a lair they seem to spawn about 25% of the time in numbers between 1-4. This basically instakills whoever was near the lair until I get strong tier 2 units and even then, I often lose some valuable units if there is more than one.

Any help would be appreciated. If someone could point me to the files I can edit to remove them from exploration spawns that would be awesome.

Thanks

I'm not sure in what state has the emergent leaders have been left, but here is the thread from development forum:
( although, there might have been plans to change the core functionality of the emergent leaders, so this can be useless :D i honestly don't remember - after all, it was 4 years ago )
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41052866/doc/Emergent_Leader_Design_Part_1.pdf ( 5.7 mb )
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41052866/doc/Emergent_Leader_Design_Part_2.pdf ( 3.8 mb )
( i didn't figure out any better way how to export those pages than print them as PDFs, sorry )
( also, i posted that thread here because the original development of the rife is pretty much dead, and it would be pointless in my opinion not to release that thread )

Wouhouuuuuu ! Thanks a lot ! :)

Lord Neil said:
Have not posted here in ages but I have been playing a lot of this mod recently. One issue I'm having is with diseased corpses. When I explore a lair they seem to spawn about 25% of the time in numbers between 1-4. This basically instakills whoever was near the lair until I get strong tier 2 units and even then, I often lose some valuable units if there is more than one.

Any help would be appreciated. If someone could point me to the files I can edit to remove them from exploration spawns that would be awesome.

Thanks
I haven't touched this part of the code yet. --> can't promise my advice is a good solution.
1st possibility: In CvSpellInterface.py, there are two references :
- Goody["Zombie"] (l.5089)
- getInfoType('GOODY_MARNOK_ZOMBIE') (l.5181)
Both refer to GOODY_MARNOK_ZOMBIE in CIV4GoodyInfo.xml (l.369)

--> if you remove both references in the python file, it should be ok.

If this doesn't change a thing, here is the
2nd possibility: SPAWN_GROUP_DISEASED_CORPSES in CIV4SpawnGroupInfos.xml (l.905)

--> remove

Mechenos can build mages guild, kinda odd since they hate magic. Also it does nothing as they cant build adepts.

Also my Mobile Fortress is rather less than mobile. It considers all land impassible. P.S. Mobile Fortresses look awesome, if only the bloody thing would move.

Also the mechinos affinity for refined mana doesnt seem to work, i got more refined mana and my thopter and Mobile fortresses didnt get stronger.

Also, how do i build a Refinery? Researched the tech, found the mana, but my coolies wont build anything. Plus i cant find a unit with a specil ablitiy that lets it build refinery.

Nevermind, i found the "adeptus", unimaginative name.

Nope, Turns out the "adeptus" is adept at doing everything EXCEPT build refinery. Civpedia says it can build refinery, and hovering over the unit, build refinery is there, but the lazy slave wont build refinery. (i have researched steam power)

Turns out only raw mana nodes can have refineries built on them. It might be helpful to at a note in the civpedia about that, and how to convert nodes.

Hello there, My friend and i are ecstatic that you guys have continued this Mod :D On a more importabnt side note, my friend and i that are attempting to play AOE, but upon attempting to launch from the launcher, a dialog box opens briefly, then the launcher and the box close. The game then does not launch, we believe we have our installation directory correct. Any ideas why this would be?
Also, we're using the steam version of BTS 3.1.9, our buddy that uses the CD copy is not running into this issue.

Also my Mobile Fortress is rather less than mobile. It considers all land impassible. P.S. Mobile Fortresses look awesome, if only the bloody thing would move.

Also the mechinos affinity for refined mana doesnt seem to work, i got more refined mana and my thopter and Mobile fortresses didnt get stronger.
well, for mobile fortresse you need 2 things:
-railroads, from the tile of the fortress to the destination tile included.
-(steam power)
-render the fortress in "movable" mode

hope it helps.

Alright, so i ditched the steam version for a disk version, and i updated to 3.19, civ 4 runs fine, hud perfect etc.

However, upon running AOE, i cannot access my options, or civilopedia. most distressingly, there is no HUD in game, Has anyone ever had this problem before?

the game path in the INI is correct as far as i can tell.

All I can say is: I'm using the Steam version too and I don't have any issues (except for some bugs I reported) so I don't think that's the problem.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this??

While playing Master of mana I stumbled across a modmod call trueblood, where for the calabim, the vampire units are given a promotion, where after a certain amount of turns they get stronger, bit by bit. I am trying to ad this feature to my own ashes of erubrus but am not sure how to do it. I have included the modmod below.

Now, I know a bit about xml editing, so I can easily add the promotions to the existing ones, however, the two parts I am not sure about are:

In a file labelled extension is has the line

<event type="BeginPlayerTurn"
module="CvCalabim" function="onCalabimDoTurn"/>

which ties into a python function for the promotion cvcalabim which gives the details about the progression for the promotion.

What I really need is someone who know about this to give me some tips as to where I need to add this type of info into the existing game, as just sticking it into the modules section does not work.

Lastly, this is not my work in any way, I just would like to implement this for my own game.

Attachments

• TrueBlood04f200.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 62
I am having serious problems when playing standard maps or even small maps. If i dont set the game to 70%+ sea, the game grinds to a virtual halt. Its getting really old only being able to play 200-300 turns before it becomes impossible.
My computer is runnig on the
Intel Core i5
8.00 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System

you shouldn't be having problems with those specs. i run large maps on a 3gig laptop with radeon 4200 card easily. you might want to check the card/memory works properly.

Top Bottom