Final Fixes Reborn

Hello guys ! First of all, great work !

Tho, i and my freinds have some problems with OOS on multiplayer with Standard version - Full installation - Ashes of Erebus 14.11. We all have same game version (3.19), same download, we have played FFH2 with no probelms. Tho, when we start on this mod straight after loading we have OOS, that didnt discourage us, we relaunched CIV4 with shift key, deleted cashe and so on, and tryed again, same thing. We all are quite new to CIV4 multi so we are out of ideas what to do, do some options neglect our play? Or we gone for wrong map? (Fantasy one with lots of resources). Sorry for my english, and please help us. We all enjoy this mod on single player and are very pleased with it, not to mention ecited to play Legion or Scions or Partia :)

Regarding inflation, I know that in regular FfH2 Kael reduced the rate of inflation compared to BtS, although I don't know the specific math. I haven't played regular BtS in a long time, but I think there are more late-game economy-boosting buildings in BtS than in FfH2, which might be one of the reasons that Kael did what he did. I don't think Fall Further, Rise from Erebus, or Ashes of Erebus did anything to inflation beyond what FfH2 did.

@Black imperator, I'm sure I've seen the popup saying that the costs of the overseas colonies are mounting and we should consider granting them independence. And the option to grant them independence is still there, no? I never do it, but it's there, I'm sure.

AFAIK, this mod hasn't touched inflation, so if you're playing long past the normal ending date it's probably best to play without inflation.

I'll turn it off then. Researching the issue turned up a mod that gave inflation growth a nice assymptope cap to approach (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=370404) but it would probably break 10 things trying to intergrate it, especially since it also messes with global warming.

Follow up question: would there be an easy way to give the human player a flat multiplier to increase his costs? I don't think it is an option under difficulty levels, but I'd love to edit something like that in to keep some more pressure on the economy, maybe going with a midgame 1.5x current civic/upkeep/unit costs for deity. Just curious if you know an easy file to alter to cause this.

Hello guys ! First of all, great work !

Tho, i and my freinds have some problems with OOS on multiplayer with Standard version - Full installation - Ashes of Erebus 14.11. We all have same game version (3.19), same download, we have played FFH2 with no probelms. Tho, when we start on this mod straight after loading we have OOS, that didnt discourage us, we relaunched CIV4 with shift key, deleted cashe and so on, and tryed again, same thing. We all are quite new to CIV4 multi so we are out of ideas what to do, do some options neglect our play? Or we gone for wrong map? (Fantasy one with lots of resources). Sorry for my english, and please help us. We all enjoy this mod on single player and are very pleased with it, not to mention ecited to play Legion or Scions or Partia :)

Did you both first start a singleplayer game with the "Play Now" option? You should do this picking any map and random civ, then once the map loads and the game starts, quit, then try again to play together.

This is a standard procedure kind of troubleshooting thing to do whenever you switch mods you are playing, because civ iv stores some hidden options that you need to clear from past mods with a single "play now" start. I always do it whenever changing which mod I intend to play.

Also, you might try playing with either erebuscontinent or worldoferebus mapscripts, since they are the officially supported ones. If that still doesn't work, maybe downlad the svn instead (it being more recent whatever your problem is might be fixed).

Regarding inflation, I know that in regular FfH2 Kael reduced the rate of inflation compared to BtS, although I don't know the specific math. I haven't played regular BtS in a long time, but I think there are more late-game economy-boosting buildings in BtS than in FfH2, which might be one of the reasons that Kael did what he did. I don't think Fall Further, Rise from Erebus, or Ashes of Erebus did anything to inflation beyond what FfH2 did.

@Black imperator, I'm sure I've seen the popup saying that the costs of the overseas colonies are mounting and we should consider granting them independence. And the option to grant them independence is still there, no? I never do it, but it's there, I'm sure.

Thanks for the insight Nor'easter!

Did you both first start a singleplayer game with the "Play Now" option? You should do this picking any map and random civ, then once the map loads and the game starts, quit, then try again to play together.

This is a standard procedure kind of troubleshooting thing to do whenever you switch mods you are playing, because civ iv stores some hidden options that you need to clear from past mods with a single "play now" start. I always do it whenever changing which mod I intend to play.

Also, you might try playing with either erebuscontinent or worldoferebus mapscripts, since they are the officially supported ones. If that still doesn't work, maybe downlad the svn instead (it being more recent whatever your problem is might be fixed).

Man, your are awsome ! :) It worked ! May the (chosen god) bless you with (chossen goods) :D

Also, we got freind with another problem. He has much better pc than me, FFH2 works finr CIV4 works fine but when he tryed to play RoE he got error that his PC spec is not good enough and graphics wont work, he cant even enter "options" menu in game, or see any UI in game after clicking any unit.

Cool, thanks so much for the insight!

BTW, encountered an odd bug, probably not worth tracking down as a restart fixed it, but just in case somehow useful--first time I started the game through the launcher, it reported my computer specs were not good enough, and reset graphics to low. Very odd (computer is top of the line), so I just set the graphics back up to high, and then started a playnow on erebus world map script to clear prior mod selections. It spit me onto the map, but what was odd is that I couldn't see any menus anywhere, not for units or anything, it was just a pure view of the terrain surrounding my starting units. Pressing B caused my settler to found a city, but the program slowed during the founding and took 15 seconds to complete. I pressed escape to get the options, and most of the options menus were blank, with no options or text listed. I ctrl alt deleted out, restarted, and everything was fine and normal this time.

Hopefully I'll have more useful bug reports in the future, I just operate under the principle of "Report everything" and leave it to others to decide if worth it.

Thanks again for everything the Ashes team is doing, very excited to get back into playing!

EDIT: BTW, I found this advice regarding modifying exe to allow for better memory use to reduce chance of MAFs (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=224178), is that something that could be safely done for Ashes of Erebus? Or not recommended?

Sorry for double post! This is the problem my freind ecounters, tho restart dont work :/

Follow up question: would there be an easy way to give the human player a flat multiplier to increase his costs? I don't think it is an option under difficulty levels, but I'd love to edit something like that in to keep some more pressure on the economy, maybe going with a midgame 1.5x current civic/upkeep/unit costs for deity. Just curious if you know an easy file to alter to cause this.

It can be done with unit and civic upkeep as far as i understand. In the Civ4HandicapInfo.xml, you have two tags : iUnitCostPercent and iAIUnitCostPercent that effect unit upkeep ( i think). The first one is applied to everyone and the second to AI, so if you want to hit the player, put a large value in the first and the reverse in the second. It also exists with iCivicUpkeepPercent and iAICivicUpkeepPercent

Man, your are awsome ! :) It worked ! May the (chosen god) bless you with (chossen goods) :D

Also, we got freind with another problem. He has much better pc than me, FFH2 works finr CIV4 works fine but when he tryed to play RoE he got error that his PC spec is not good enough and graphics wont work, he cant even enter "options" menu in game, or see any UI in game after clicking any unit.

the not good graphic enough is usually a harmless incorrect report. Going in the menu and putting all options as wanted is generally enough to fix. The fact that your friend cannot access the Options menu is the real issue. Could they take a screenshot of their main menu so that i can see what's happening.

It can be done with unit and civic upkeep as far as i understand. In the Civ4HandicapInfo.xml, you have two tags : iUnitCostPercent and iAIUnitCostPercent that effect unit upkeep ( i think). The first one is applied to everyone and the second to AI, so if you want to hit the player, put a large value in the first and the reverse in the second. It also exists with iCivicUpkeepPercent and iAICivicUpkeepPercent

the not good graphic enough is usually a harmless incorrect report. Going in the menu and putting all options as wanted is generally enough to fix. The fact that your friend cannot access the Options menu is the real issue. Could they take a screenshot of their main menu so that i can see what's happening.

Thanks for the guidance Black_Imperator!

On Reyneven's friend's problem, is he trying to access options after starting a game perhaps? Because when that no UI bug pops, I also find there is no way to access the options menu anymore, while accessing the options in the main menu before starting a game works fine. I only wonder because the way Reyneven describes both the UI and options as "in game" makes me suspect he might be trying after starting a game.

Also, I find the "graphics set low" warning appears every time I switch between normal civ and Rife (so I fix it in Rife, and then the next time I start BTS, BTS warns me, then Rife warns me when I go back, etc). If I instead just keep using the Rife launcher after resetting the graphics to high, it doesn't pop the warning again as long as I steer clear of base civ iv.

Has your friend tried repeatedly starting through the Rife launcher, the first time to set options back to high, and then trying play now, quit program, relaunch through rife launcher, play now, multiple times? He may have just gotten unlucky.

Ok so he sees the "options" button in advence tho he cant click them so he cant change them :/ we have tryed reinstall,

When he loads the game from Beyond on High options its ok, when he tryes to open AoE the resolution of screen goes lower and than that error ocures.

http://imgur.com/bUuu6Kq

http://imgur.com/soHXqBI

http://imgur.com/j8Vj8sg

Have you tried first going into the normal BTS launcher, then options, then changing Civ IV to start windowed (unselect the fullscreen option), then start through the RIFE launcher (I am presuming the windowed mode will stay selected)?

It's a longshot, but my wife's computer had an odd error with RIFE where when she would try to change resolution in the options in RIFE it would lock up, but it worked fine if she first turned off full screen. Different problem, but maybe the same solution might work.

Just wanted to drop a note saying how much I am enjoying the events added by ff/Rife. They add an enormous amount of flavor to the game, and the extra immersion is making a huge difference in my enjoyment of the other aspects of the game.

Bug Report:

I mentioned before starting a new game, having all my starting units be able to be promoted infinite times, and then on the second turn one unit being declared "Aaron's chosen" and a player winning a hell victory (on turn 2). Just experienced the bug again, this time, it was not associated with the no UI bug (the UI was visible this time). Was testing some map things so all the settings are pretty standard (noble, normal speed, no custom options)

I was running a modded events txt file with ipercentchances changed, and ffh media pack for movies, but I have experienced the same bug with a vanilla copy of Ashes of Erebus SVN 215.

Screenshot in attached image. Note this was an erebuscontinent map, playnow, and this time it was me that won the "gone to hell" victory on turn 2. Odd things include the huge negative revenue visible in the upper left, I also have promoted one unit several times to illustrate that aspect of the bug. It also shows me as having made peace with Cernnunos (which I didn't do) in the recap. It had rolled baron duin halfmoon as my leader.

EDIT: Sorry, should have clicked "next" on the victory recap before taking screenshot. If I do that, it shows the following events: "The constellation of the scepter glimmers red in the night sky...." and "Tim has won a gone to hell victory"

EDIT2: Other odd things: my city can build a water elemental, the shrine of the champion, and a vault gate. Pretty sure all of those shouldn't be there.

EDIT3: It occurs to me I should probably provide the save file. Now attached. Not sure if it can be loaded even though created with a modified events file, but trying to attached the events xml file here led to an error message.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    296.4 KB · Views: 57
  • bugged game.CivBeyondSwordSave
    147.3 KB · Views: 34
Suggestion:

I think Lizardkin promotion should be changed to give an additional plus to jungle and marsh attack (in addition to the attack/defense bonuses currently in place), maybe an additional +25 or +50 to the attack value. Currently, when a lizardman unit attacks an enemy unit on jungle, it is the same value as attacking the unit on a plain (since the defender gets +25 terrain defense and attacking lizard just gets the +25 jungle terrain bonus, evening out), when the lizards should be much more effective harrying enemy troops in the jungle.

Meanwhile, a malus to the city strength of lizardkin would make sense. Also, perhaps consider changing the leader trait from the mazartl leader to something that doesn't grant city garrison as a free promotion.

This is all based on the lord from the mazartl leader's civilpedia entry. According to it, the lizardmen should do better by ambushing and attacking their opponents in the open jungle, rather than trying to defend fixed cities. That is the opposite of the current situation. Also, it would be much more interesting to play if there was a different strategy for them than "wait in your cities for the attackers to die aginst the walls." They should be in the field, using their jungle terrain as their battlefield and greatest defense, but that doesn't make as much sense with the current situation.

Just wanted to drop a note saying how much I am enjoying the events added by ff/Rife. They add an enormous amount of flavor to the game, and the extra immersion is making a huge difference in my enjoyment of the other aspects of the game.
They come mostly from the MoreEvents module which exist as a modmod for ffh and has been merged in most other modmods too ^^

Bug Report:

I mentioned before starting a new game, having all my starting units be able to be promoted infinite times, and then on the second turn one unit being declared "Aaron's chosen" and a player winning a hell victory (on turn 2). Just experienced the bug again, this time, it was not associated with the no UI bug (the UI was visible this time). Was testing some map things so all the settings are pretty standard (noble, normal speed, no custom options)

I was running a modded events txt file with ipercentchances changed, and ffh media pack for movies, but I have experienced the same bug with a vanilla copy of Ashes of Erebus SVN 215.

Screenshot in attached image. Note this was an erebuscontinent map, playnow, and this time it was me that won the "gone to hell" victory on turn 2. Odd things include the huge negative revenue visible in the upper left, I also have promoted one unit several times to illustrate that aspect of the bug. It also shows me as having made peace with Cernnunos (which I didn't do) in the recap. It had rolled baron duin halfmoon as my leader.

EDIT: Sorry, should have clicked "next" on the victory recap before taking screenshot. If I do that, it shows the following events: "The constellation of the scepter glimmers red in the night sky...." and "Tim has won a gone to hell victory"

EDIT2: Other odd things: my city can build a water elemental, the shrine of the champion, and a vault gate. Pretty sure all of those shouldn't be there.

EDIT3: It occurs to me I should probably provide the save file. Now attached. Not sure if it can be loaded even though created with a modified events file, but trying to attached the events xml file here led to an error message.
I think it's related to some kind of python error. Could you turn Python exceptions on in your next games to see if you get a python error message the next time you get this bug ?

Suggestion:

I think Lizardkin promotion should be changed to give an additional plus to jungle and marsh attack (in addition to the attack/defense bonuses currently in place), maybe an additional +25 or +50 to the attack value. Currently, when a lizardman unit attacks an enemy unit on jungle, it is the same value as attacking the unit on a plain (since the defender gets +25 terrain defense and attacking lizard just gets the +25 jungle terrain bonus, evening out), when the lizards should be much more effective harrying enemy troops in the jungle.

Meanwhile, a malus to the city strength of lizardkin would make sense. Also, perhaps consider changing the leader trait from the mazartl leader to something that doesn't grant city garrison as a free promotion.

This is all based on the lord from the mazartl leader's civilpedia entry. According to it, the lizardmen should do better by ambushing and attacking their opponents in the open jungle, rather than trying to defend fixed cities. That is the opposite of the current situation. Also, it would be much more interesting to play if there was a different strategy for them than "wait in your cities for the attackers to die aginst the walls." They should be in the field, using their jungle terrain as their battlefield and greatest defense, but that doesn't make as much sense with the current situation.
Agreed, i'll try an increased value next revision. we'll see how much is needed.

I'll turn python exceptions on and let you know when next I run into it.

One more suggestion: In the final days of wildmana (Right before it became master of mana) Tarqueline engaged in a discussion with Sephi in making changes to scions implementation. Many of these wouldn't fit (some being related to achieving implementation of some aspects of the scions without adding as much as fall further), but one extremely positive change (that Tarqueline expressly approved of) was the replacement of the hard cap on awakened generation based on map size with a soft gradual reduction of chance as population increased. Perhaps that gradual reduction element and elimination of the cap could be borrowed from wildmana 8.34? (link to 8.34 download http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13828078#post13828078 )

The discussion thread I mentioned (Tarqueline calls it a "particularly good change"): http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=349623

There are also two other minor changes Tarqueline made there, first Melante got a version of the kidnap spell for great people, and second the dark council building consumed melante in its construction (And had some buffs and additional requirements). Then there was a rewritten creeper mechanic as well (meant to be more streamlined than FFs), and some changes to he way redachtors HL spell works (which didn't make it into wildmana 8.34, and I once tried to add myself and got python errors).

Anyway, I personally think only the awakened cap removal is worth implementing, and I particularly don't like the idea of Melante being consumed (too much fun playing with her), but wanted to provide a full report of the thread.

Question: Do you know which file the scion awakened generation formula is contained in? I want to try playing with the formula a bit myself, maybe adjusting the cap up for the games I play but lowering the rate, but I couldn't find it after some time searching through the folders (I'm pretty bad at this).

i'll add the thread to my archives doc. (all threads from rife,ff,orbis and ffhmodmod subforums organized by what they're talking about ^^, we have forgotten some great ideas that are hidden in those threads)

i'll add the thread to my archives doc. (all threads from rife,ff,orbis and ffhmodmod subforums organized by what they're talking about ^^, we have forgotten some great ideas that are hidden in those threads)

Cool!
Ok so searching every single file in turn eventually found me the one. :) Customfunctions.py

Can I ask your advice?

In the scion awakened generation, I see this:

if iTPop >= iTPopLmt:
iSpawnChance = 0

if pPlayer.getDisableProduction() > 0:
iSpawnChance = 0

iSpawnChance = int(iSpawnChance * 100)
pPlayer.setCivCounter(iSpawnChance)

If I just delete the part that says
if iTPop >= iTPopLmt:
iSpawnChance = 0

Then the cap will be removed without other harmful effects? I'm testing of course, just want to see if it stands out to you I'm about to break something. ;)

And what is if pPlayer.getDisableProduction() > 0:
iSpawnChance = 0
? Any idea?

Sorry for always bugging you for advice!

Thanks so much Black_Imperator. You are really generous with your advice, and I'm glad Ashes of Erebus has you modding it into perfection!

Top Bottom